Smart Contracts News Tuesday, April 3 Truffle, Run truffle init, Nem catapult & more…
Smart Contracts News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Test Driving an Ethereum Solidity Contract — Iteration 0: Setup
- A series on creating a basic Ethereum token contract via test driven development.
- truffle, run truffle init, truffle init command, ERC20 Solidity contract, truffle framework
- NEM (XEM) to overtake Ethereum as the world’s best smart contract platform
- NEM (XEM) is set to be the world’s most secure, scalable and eventually most popular smart contract platform in the world. The statement seems far-fetched given the dominance Ethereum currently shows in the field. However, the recent announcement by NEM development team on the NEM Catapult (Mijin V.2) blockchain may…
- NEM Catapult, NEM Catapult beta, NEM development team, smart contract, core NEM blockchain
- Will Ethereum hold leading positions in the future of smart-contracts? – Ducatur Blog
- Ethereum, Ethereum network, Ethereum smart-contract network, smart contract dominance, incredibly high paces
- Truffle adds the contract function, which makes sure that your contracts are redeployed, and provides access to the test accounts that are provided by a tool like Ganache.
- This creates a basic HelloErc20.sol contract file: – Lets run the test again and see what happens.
- js in your projects migrations folder and add the following: – Now that weve told Truffle to migration our new Contract, we need to import a reference to that Contract in our test.
- So how exactly is NEM aiming to out-compete Ethereum as the top smart contract blockchain?
- How then will the Catapult overpower Ethereum to be the go-to smart contract blockchain to build and develop decentralized apps (dApps)?
- These are the three unique features of the NEM Catapult that will change how we use smart contract technology on blockchains.
- Once the NEM Catapult beta testing is completed it will be available to all users in the world, providing a far much superior network to Ethereum.
- So hold on to your coins because its only a matter of time before NEM hits $1 and replace Ethereum as the worlds most popular smart contracts platform.
- Ethereum is considered to be the most widely-used smart-contracts platform, although it has some serious problems.
- Anyway, it means that in order to overtake Ethereum network any other platform will have to grow by at least 1000% percent per year which is not an easy task.
- Another problem is that Ethereum smart-contracts are still plagued by some security issues that could be a big turnoff for many larger companies seeking to eventually embrace the technology.
- These problems provide other platforms such as NEO, EOS, ADA and IOTA to compete with the Ethereum network.
- NEOs focus on faster transaction speed makes it a capable rival to Ethereum network.
Top Smart Contract Courses
Getting Started with Ethereum Solidity Development (6,530 students enrolled)By Sebastien Arbogast
- Understand the basic philosophy behind the blockchain and distributed/decentralized applications
- The basics of how a blockchain generally works, just enough to be able to use it as a development platform
- Develop a distributed application, from creating a blank project to deploying it in production all the way through writing smart contracts, unit testing them, and creating a user interface for them
- How to combine the right tools to put together a consistent development environment
- The fundamentals of the Solidity smart contract language
- How to use the Truffle build and testing framework
- How to deploy a decentralized app to various Ethereum instances (testrpc, private chain, test chain, main net)
Ethereum Blockchain Developer: Build Projects Using Solidity (10,937 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Be Proficient In Solidity Programming By Building Projects In This Course.
- Understand Blockchain Technology At A Theoretical And Practical Level.
- Be Aware On A Practical Level Of How Smart Contracts Operate.
- Be Able To Work With The Ethereum’s Major Core Development Tools.
- Understand The Core Development Functions Of Ethereum.
- Understand What Decentralisation Is As We’re Working With This Technology.
- Be Able To Explain The Structure Of A Solidity Clearly Through Practical Examples.
- Understand How To Use Web3 In Conjunction With The Project We’re Creating.
- Be Proficient In Advanced Development With Truffle And Ethereum Studio.
- Complete A Final Assignment Which Consists Of An Ethereum Blockchain Based Curriculum Vitae.
Ethereum : Decentralized Application Design & Development (9,794 students enrolled)By Rajeev Sakhuja
- Leverage the Ethereum tools/software such as Wallet, Geth, MetaMask, Remix, TruffleV4, Ganache....
- Create an ERC20 Compliant token to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Setup Private Blockchain Network
- Develop Smart contracts in Solidity using multiple tools such as Web3/Ganache/TruffleV4/Mocha framework
- Comfortably describe how Ethereum Blockchain works | Ethers, Gas, POW, POS, Nodes ...
- Describe how the Blockchain technologies work | Distributed Ledgers, Consensus, Mining ....
- Develop end to end Decentralized Applications (DAPP) on Ethereum platform
- Setup private Ethereum networks for development & experimentation
- Identify and use the right design patterns for developing smart contracts
- Architect, Design & Build real use cases on Ethereum platform
The Complete Ethereum Course: Get .001 Ether In Your Wallet (4,273 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand how Ethereum, the emerging cryptocurrency works, and get involved with it practically as well as learning the theoretical side of the cryptocurrency.
- Realise how becoming an early adopter of Ethereum gives you the best chance to capitalize on its rise, as many would have missed the meteoric rise of Bitcoin.
- Undertake your first ever Ethereum transaction by receiving .001 Ether from me for completing this course, I will of course walk you through how to setup your wallet.
Compile Your First Ethereum Smart Contract With Solidity (245 students enrolled)By Will Bunker
- Compile a basic smart contract
- Set a private blockchain for testing
- Deploy smart contract to blockchain
- Call the functions on smart contract.
Learn Solidity: Programming Language for Smart Contracts (3,153 students enrolled)By Toshendra Sharma
- Develop Ethereum Smart Contracts using Solidity
- Understand the basics & advance features of Solidity & Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Develop their own decentralized blockchain applications