Smart Contracts News Friday, March 23 Contract, Upgradable dapp toolkit, Malta & more…
Smart Contracts News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Flexible Upgradability for Smart Contracts – Mike Calvanese –
- The immutable nature of Ethereum smart contracts is incredibly powerful. It allows us to build applications that are completely tamper-proof, untouchable by any individual, corporation, or…
- contract, Upgradable Dapp Toolkit, proxy delegate pattern, multiple delegate contracts, ERC20 contract code
- Binance, The World’s Largest Crypto Exchange, Announces Investment In Malta.
- March 23rd, 2018: Binance, the world’s largest cryptocurrency exchange by traded value, is setting up operations in Malta. After reviewing several different locations, the company decided to invest…
- Malta, Malta Digital Innovation, Malta ‘The Blockchain, Parliamentary Secretary, Mr Silvio Schembri
- RChain Ecosystem Update 2018 – RChain Cooperative –
- The RChain Cooperative raises $29.7 million from a private community sale and signs deals with Pyrofex, Reflective Ventures and Pithia Inc. to accelerate the launch of the RChain platform. The RChain…
- RChain Cooperative, Reflective Ventures, Reflective Venture Partners, RChain platform, private community sale
- Storage, current address and balance still refer to the calling contract, only the code is taken from the called address.Put simply, this means that ShrimpCoin takes on all the functionality of our delegate contract, TokenDelegate.
- Key ValueStorageThe proxy delegate pattern is super useful for upgrading functionality, but what if we want to add something to state that wasnt defined on the original contract?
- The V2 MintableTokenDelegate contract provides some additional functions for minting, which act on a totally new set of storage keys: – It also takes on all the functionality of the V1 TokenDelegate, so contracts like ShrimpCoin that are proxying to it wont lose any of their original functionality.
- A few advantages of using the combined proxy delegate and key/value storage upgradability pattern: – Gives total flexibility to upgrade both functionality and storageEncourages the creation and deployment of standard contracts that encapsulate common functionalityLeveraging pre-deployed smart contracts as delegates (which will someday be thoroughly battle tested) is less error…
- In order to design a truly trustless contract that is also upgradable, the owner must itself be a trustless contract.Syntax for interacting with key/value storage is more verbose than standard solidity state variable operations.A flaw in a standardized and shared contract could lead to widespread damage across all dapps that…
- March 23rd, 2018: Binance, the worlds largest cryptocurrency exchange by traded value, is setting up operations in Malta.
- Binance CEO Founder, Zhao Changpeng said: After meeting with Parliamentary Secretary, Mr Silvio Schembri, we were impressed by the logical, clear and forward thinking nature of Maltas leadership.
- Binance is committed to lending our expertise to help shape a healthy regulatory framework as well as providing funds for other blockchain start-ups to grow the industry further in Malta.
- Plans for a Malta Digital Innovation Authority were revealed last month, and the country is in the process of formalizing a Virtual Currency Act that will pave the way for a first-of-its-kind auditing framework made specifically to regulate blockchain-driven investment operations such as token sales.
- It is obvious that Malta has become a natural point of reference on the international sphere and companies such as Binance will continue to look into Malta to further expand their operations or establish a base, the Parliamentary Secretary remarked.
- RChain Ecosystem Update2018The RChain Cooperative raises $29.7 million from a private community sale and signs deals with Pyrofex, Reflective Ventures and Pithia Inc. to accelerate the launch of the RChain platform.
- Reflective Ventures was founded by Greg Heuss, David Otto and Steve Careaga to invest in blockchain startups; The RChain Cooperative is their first limited partner and has invested 100M RHOCs, (RHOCs are the current tokens, which will be converted to the native RChain utility token REV when the platform launches)….
- In contrast to traditional models associated with early stage venture capital investing that typically lack supportive oversight, our firms senior leadership will leverage its experience to evaluate, staff, and build each incubated companys technology team, as well as train and provide hands-on access to the RChain blockchain platform.
- Greg Heuss, Managing Partner, Reflective Venture Partners – Pithia, the bridge from the blockchain world to the real world, is committed to investing in and furthering companies in the RChain ecosystem with partners from industry, education and finance communities.
- About Reflective Ventures – Based in Seattle, WA, Reflective Venture Partners is a privately owned and managed venture firm that originates from an ongoing strategic partnership with RChain Cooperative, a next generation blockchain applications platform that is currently in development.
Top Smart Contract Courses
Getting Started with Ethereum Solidity Development (6,530 students enrolled)By Sebastien Arbogast
- Understand the basic philosophy behind the blockchain and distributed/decentralized applications
- The basics of how a blockchain generally works, just enough to be able to use it as a development platform
- Develop a distributed application, from creating a blank project to deploying it in production all the way through writing smart contracts, unit testing them, and creating a user interface for them
- How to combine the right tools to put together a consistent development environment
- The fundamentals of the Solidity smart contract language
- How to use the Truffle build and testing framework
- How to deploy a decentralized app to various Ethereum instances (testrpc, private chain, test chain, main net)
Ethereum Blockchain Developer: Build Projects Using Solidity (10,937 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Be Proficient In Solidity Programming By Building Projects In This Course.
- Understand Blockchain Technology At A Theoretical And Practical Level.
- Be Aware On A Practical Level Of How Smart Contracts Operate.
- Be Able To Work With The Ethereum’s Major Core Development Tools.
- Understand The Core Development Functions Of Ethereum.
- Understand What Decentralisation Is As We’re Working With This Technology.
- Be Able To Explain The Structure Of A Solidity Clearly Through Practical Examples.
- Understand How To Use Web3 In Conjunction With The Project We’re Creating.
- Be Proficient In Advanced Development With Truffle And Ethereum Studio.
- Complete A Final Assignment Which Consists Of An Ethereum Blockchain Based Curriculum Vitae.
Ethereum : Decentralized Application Design & Development (9,794 students enrolled)By Rajeev Sakhuja
- Leverage the Ethereum tools/software such as Wallet, Geth, MetaMask, Remix, TruffleV4, Ganache....
- Create an ERC20 Compliant token to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Setup Private Blockchain Network
- Develop Smart contracts in Solidity using multiple tools such as Web3/Ganache/TruffleV4/Mocha framework
- Comfortably describe how Ethereum Blockchain works | Ethers, Gas, POW, POS, Nodes ...
- Describe how the Blockchain technologies work | Distributed Ledgers, Consensus, Mining ....
- Develop end to end Decentralized Applications (DAPP) on Ethereum platform
- Setup private Ethereum networks for development & experimentation
- Identify and use the right design patterns for developing smart contracts
- Architect, Design & Build real use cases on Ethereum platform
The Complete Ethereum Course: Get .001 Ether In Your Wallet (4,273 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand how Ethereum, the emerging cryptocurrency works, and get involved with it practically as well as learning the theoretical side of the cryptocurrency.
- Realise how becoming an early adopter of Ethereum gives you the best chance to capitalize on its rise, as many would have missed the meteoric rise of Bitcoin.
- Undertake your first ever Ethereum transaction by receiving .001 Ether from me for completing this course, I will of course walk you through how to setup your wallet.
Compile Your First Ethereum Smart Contract With Solidity (245 students enrolled)By Will Bunker
- Compile a basic smart contract
- Set a private blockchain for testing
- Deploy smart contract to blockchain
- Call the functions on smart contract.
Learn Solidity: Programming Language for Smart Contracts (3,153 students enrolled)By Toshendra Sharma
- Develop Ethereum Smart Contracts using Solidity
- Understand the basics & advance features of Solidity & Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Develop their own decentralized blockchain applications