Smart contracts, Blockchain-based smart contracts, Hisc platform & more… Smart Contracts News Saturday, February 24
Smart Contracts News TLDR / Table of Contents
- smart contracts, blockchain-based smart contracts, blockchain-enabled smart contracts, smart contracts echoes, complex smart contracts
- Insurance 2025: Smart Contracts
- HISC platform, IoT data, insurers, Technical challenge, implementation challenge
- Writing robust smart contracts in Solidity –
- Before contract function code executes, it’s a good idea to validate who triggered it and what inputs are given. Here we build on the Solidity documentation and our own practice to demonstrate a few…
- contract, Organisation contract, EternalStorage, contract function code, Parent contract
- This paper will explore how these three transformative technologies might be woven together to create a single platform, enabling insurers to mitigate claim events, slash operating costs and – – improve the customer experience.
- The HISC platform will also allow insurers to help clients – – optimize their operations, resulting in increased efficiency, improved margins and greater operational certainty.
- Figure 2 is a high-level illustration of the HISC platform components shared by an insurer and a foundry, and some key points of interface and data exchange.
- (Technical challenge: medium; implementation challenge: medium) – – Neither HISCs nor the platform can be deployed on a public blockchain, so there must be some DLT standard broadly adopted by the industry.
- (Technical challenge: low; implementation challenge: low) – – The HISC platform described in this paper is closer to the end state than it is the next step of how these disruptive technologies will affect P&C insurance.
- Any contract which inherits Ownable will have owner set to the caller at the time of its creation, and any of its functions implementing onlyOwner modifier will not accept calls from another account.
- Here msg.sender in EternalStorage is the Organisation contract which then becomes the only address allowed to write to storage.
- Note on Libraries: We use a library contract (ProposalsLibrary) to attach a set of functions to EternalStorage, so effectively message calls flow through the following chain: Organisation – ProposalsLibrary – EternalStorage.
- However, since libraries in Solidity pass on the msg.value and msg.sender values, calls to EternalStorage have msg.sender as the Organisation contract address and not ProposalsLibrary address.
- For this we have delegated the role of creating EternalStorage and Organisation to Parent contract, which are both created via the function.
Top Smart Contract Courses
Getting Started with Ethereum Solidity Development (6,530 students enrolled)By Sebastien Arbogast
- Understand the basic philosophy behind the blockchain and distributed/decentralized applications
- The basics of how a blockchain generally works, just enough to be able to use it as a development platform
- Develop a distributed application, from creating a blank project to deploying it in production all the way through writing smart contracts, unit testing them, and creating a user interface for them
- How to combine the right tools to put together a consistent development environment
- The fundamentals of the Solidity smart contract language
- How to use the Truffle build and testing framework
- How to deploy a decentralized app to various Ethereum instances (testrpc, private chain, test chain, main net)
Ethereum Blockchain Developer: Build Projects Using Solidity (10,937 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Be Proficient In Solidity Programming By Building Projects In This Course.
- Understand Blockchain Technology At A Theoretical And Practical Level.
- Be Aware On A Practical Level Of How Smart Contracts Operate.
- Be Able To Work With The Ethereum’s Major Core Development Tools.
- Understand The Core Development Functions Of Ethereum.
- Understand What Decentralisation Is As We’re Working With This Technology.
- Be Able To Explain The Structure Of A Solidity Clearly Through Practical Examples.
- Understand How To Use Web3 In Conjunction With The Project We’re Creating.
- Be Proficient In Advanced Development With Truffle And Ethereum Studio.
- Complete A Final Assignment Which Consists Of An Ethereum Blockchain Based Curriculum Vitae.
Ethereum : Decentralized Application Design & Development (9,794 students enrolled)By Rajeev Sakhuja
- Leverage the Ethereum tools/software such as Wallet, Geth, MetaMask, Remix, TruffleV4, Ganache....
- Create an ERC20 Compliant token to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Setup Private Blockchain Network
- Develop Smart contracts in Solidity using multiple tools such as Web3/Ganache/TruffleV4/Mocha framework
- Comfortably describe how Ethereum Blockchain works | Ethers, Gas, POW, POS, Nodes ...
- Describe how the Blockchain technologies work | Distributed Ledgers, Consensus, Mining ....
- Develop end to end Decentralized Applications (DAPP) on Ethereum platform
- Setup private Ethereum networks for development & experimentation
- Identify and use the right design patterns for developing smart contracts
- Architect, Design & Build real use cases on Ethereum platform
The Complete Ethereum Course: Get .001 Ether In Your Wallet (4,273 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand how Ethereum, the emerging cryptocurrency works, and get involved with it practically as well as learning the theoretical side of the cryptocurrency.
- Realise how becoming an early adopter of Ethereum gives you the best chance to capitalize on its rise, as many would have missed the meteoric rise of Bitcoin.
- Undertake your first ever Ethereum transaction by receiving .001 Ether from me for completing this course, I will of course walk you through how to setup your wallet.
Compile Your First Ethereum Smart Contract With Solidity (245 students enrolled)By Will Bunker
- Compile a basic smart contract
- Set a private blockchain for testing
- Deploy smart contract to blockchain
- Call the functions on smart contract.
Learn Solidity: Programming Language for Smart Contracts (3,153 students enrolled)By Toshendra Sharma
- Develop Ethereum Smart Contracts using Solidity
- Understand the basics & advance features of Solidity & Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Develop their own decentralized blockchain applications