Smart Contracts News Monday, February 12
Smart Contracts News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Smart contracts on blockchain the next wave of CRM automation
- Smart contracts on blockchain are an emerging option for the automation of goods and services delivery as companies seek to reduce paperwork and manual processes.
- smart contracts, smart contract, blockchain, contract creation, smart contract software
- Bax Token Audit –
- The BABB team asked us to review and audit their Bax Token contract. We looked at the code and now publish our results. The audited code is located in the babbplatform/baxtoken repository. The…
- smart contract security, high severity issues, Bax Token contract, medium severity issues, Bax Token contracts
- 5 Applications Of Smart Contracts
- Whether you’re starting a new job or buying a new phone, contracts are integral to any official agreement. The sheer volume and complexity of traditional contracts can be overwhelming, involving high administrative costs, dependence on a third party system and often outright confusion. As processes are increasingly digitalised, it’s become…
- smart contracts, smart contract, , ,
- sawtooth-core – Core repository for Sawtooth Distributed Ledger
- Hyperledger Sawtooth, bin scripts Feb, blockinfo docs Feb, stats command Feb, grafana version Feb
- Software Audit –
- Today we’re pleased to announce that we have open sourced the code for version 1.0 of the Havven platform under the MIT licence, in addition to the previously released code for our network…
- Sigma Prime, MIT licence, previously released code, closed source projects, Sigma Prime specialise
- A smart contract is a type of software deployed across a distributed ledger to automate an agreement between parties to transfer digital assets or record events based upon various conditions, said Brian Behlendorf, executive director of Hyperledger, a collaborative, cross-industry blockchain effort created by The Linux Foundation.
- Octiv first out of the gate Smart contracts on blockchain can now be created with software available from Octiv, an Indianapolis-based vendor of sales document management software.
- Octiv’s smart contracts on blockchain technology also improves process flow by alerting other departments of any new contract executions.
- Hyperledger’s Behlendorf predicts that smart contracts on blockchain will be widely used in business within three to five years, once Hyperledger and others create standards and develop software implementations that are robust, reliable and feature-complete.
- While Oracle and other CRM vendors are introducing blockchain capabilities to their platforms, the smart contract software itself is expected to come from third-party specialists, according to Oracle’s Xiong.
- The version used for this report is commit is our assessment and recommendations, in order of importance.Update: The BABB team has followed our recommendations and updated the Bax Token contract.
- The new version is at commit severityNo critical issues were found.High severityNo high severity issues were found.Medium severityNo medium severity issues were found.Low severityLack of integration testsThe BaxToken makes use of theBurnableToken and CappedToken contracts of the OpenZeppelin framework.
- Although there are unit tests ensuring their correct behavior within the OpenZeppelin repository, there is no integration test to ensure the BaxToken behaves the way it is expected.Consider adding integration tests to check BaxToken behavior and initialization.Update: Fixed in commit ea5268b.Notes Additional InformationBaxToken uses some OpenZeppelin’s contracts claiming to be…
- Consider declaring this dependency explicitly following our installation recommendation via the zeppelin-solidity NPM package.Update: Fixed in commit be9f106.The 1.5.0 version of the OpenZeppelin framework includes a parameterized ERC20 token contract called DetailedERC20.
- We are also available for smart contract security development and auditing work.Note that as of the date of publishing, the above review reflects the current understanding of known security patterns as they relate to the Bax Token contracts.
- The sheer volume and complexity of traditional contracts can be overwhelming, involving high administrative costs, dependence on a third party system and often outright confusion.
- Smart contracts can simplify and streamline the process by automatically triggering a claim when certain events occur.
- Smart contracts can record ownership rights as items move through the supply chain, confirming who is responsible for the product at any given time.
- Smart contracts could additionally be used to facilitate wage payments, according to the agreed amount and within a specific time period.
- Smart contracts can ensure that royalties go to the intended recipients by recording ownership rights in a decentralised blockchain system.
- Hyperledger Sawtooth is an enterprise solution for building, deploying, and running distributed ledgers (also called blockchains).
- Documentation for how to run and extend Sawtooth is available here: Sawtooth Core Developers Setup Guide can be found here: BUILD.md – – Running examples of Sawtooth blockchains can be found here: project is an active Hyperledger project.
- Information on what Active entails can be found in the Hyperledger Project Lifecycle document.
- Hyperledger Sawtooth software is licensed under the Apache License Version 2.0 software license.
- Hyperledger Sawtooth documentation in the docs subdirectory is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Havven SoftwareAuditAudit Partners and Open SourceCodeToday were pleased to announce that we have open sourced the code for version 1.0 of the Havven platform under the MIT licence, in addition to the previously released code for our network simulation.
- We chose the MIT licence given that it is one of the most permissive licenses available and will allow components of the network to be integrated into closed source projects, which is critical for adoption by financial institutions.Were also announcing our two audit partners for our smart contracts: ZK Labs…
- The team at Sigma Prime specialise in blockchain technology and information security, with penetration testing and smart-contract auditing as core offerings.
- The audit of the Havven contracts will enlist multiple PhDs, security experts and smart-contract developers.Audit ScopeOur partners will undertake specialist, independent security analysis of the contract interactions, as well as provide an interface for our developer team to ensure code simplicity and gas-efficient execution.
- If youre interested in browsing through our source code, check out the code on our GitHub.Further InformationIf youd like to reach out with feedback, please contact a member of our core technical team at firstname.lastname@example.org, or jump on our public telegram channel.Havven.io | Twitter | Havven Blog | Telegram |…
Top Smart Contract Courses
Getting Started with Ethereum Solidity Development (6,530 students enrolled)By Sebastien Arbogast
- Understand the basic philosophy behind the blockchain and distributed/decentralized applications
- The basics of how a blockchain generally works, just enough to be able to use it as a development platform
- Develop a distributed application, from creating a blank project to deploying it in production all the way through writing smart contracts, unit testing them, and creating a user interface for them
- How to combine the right tools to put together a consistent development environment
- The fundamentals of the Solidity smart contract language
- How to use the Truffle build and testing framework
- How to deploy a decentralized app to various Ethereum instances (testrpc, private chain, test chain, main net)
Ethereum Blockchain Developer: Build Projects Using Solidity (10,937 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Be Proficient In Solidity Programming By Building Projects In This Course.
- Understand Blockchain Technology At A Theoretical And Practical Level.
- Be Aware On A Practical Level Of How Smart Contracts Operate.
- Be Able To Work With The Ethereum’s Major Core Development Tools.
- Understand The Core Development Functions Of Ethereum.
- Understand What Decentralisation Is As We’re Working With This Technology.
- Be Able To Explain The Structure Of A Solidity Clearly Through Practical Examples.
- Understand How To Use Web3 In Conjunction With The Project We’re Creating.
- Be Proficient In Advanced Development With Truffle And Ethereum Studio.
- Complete A Final Assignment Which Consists Of An Ethereum Blockchain Based Curriculum Vitae.
Ethereum : Decentralized Application Design & Development (9,794 students enrolled)By Rajeev Sakhuja
- Leverage the Ethereum tools/software such as Wallet, Geth, MetaMask, Remix, TruffleV4, Ganache....
- Create an ERC20 Compliant token to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Setup Private Blockchain Network
- Develop Smart contracts in Solidity using multiple tools such as Web3/Ganache/TruffleV4/Mocha framework
- Comfortably describe how Ethereum Blockchain works | Ethers, Gas, POW, POS, Nodes ...
- Describe how the Blockchain technologies work | Distributed Ledgers, Consensus, Mining ....
- Develop end to end Decentralized Applications (DAPP) on Ethereum platform
- Setup private Ethereum networks for development & experimentation
- Identify and use the right design patterns for developing smart contracts
- Architect, Design & Build real use cases on Ethereum platform
The Complete Ethereum Course: Get .001 Ether In Your Wallet (4,273 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand how Ethereum, the emerging cryptocurrency works, and get involved with it practically as well as learning the theoretical side of the cryptocurrency.
- Realise how becoming an early adopter of Ethereum gives you the best chance to capitalize on its rise, as many would have missed the meteoric rise of Bitcoin.
- Undertake your first ever Ethereum transaction by receiving .001 Ether from me for completing this course, I will of course walk you through how to setup your wallet.
Compile Your First Ethereum Smart Contract With Solidity (245 students enrolled)By Will Bunker
- Compile a basic smart contract
- Set a private blockchain for testing
- Deploy smart contract to blockchain
- Call the functions on smart contract.
Learn Solidity: Programming Language for Smart Contracts (3,153 students enrolled)By Toshendra Sharma
- Develop Ethereum Smart Contracts using Solidity
- Understand the basics & advance features of Solidity & Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Develop their own decentralized blockchain applications