Hr, recruiting, remote, hire & much more…
Recruiting News Saturday, June 16
- Taking the Gamble Out of Hiring Quality Candidates
- No-Fail Steps to Hiring the Best Remote Employee, Every Time
Recruiting, Remote, Hire
- Talent Pools: 4 Steps to Develop Your Employees – #HR Bartender
HR, leadership, SHRM18
- Talent acquisition techhas tapped into machine learning andintelligent algorithmsto harness the power of predictive analytics.
- Predictive analytics is an area of statistics that extracts information from historical data and uses it topredict future trends.
- Email filters, text suggestion/autocorrect and streaming recommendations are just a few everyday instances of predictive analytics.
- You probably already use predictive analytics if youve shopped online or Spotify has suggested a new music station based on your tastes.
- In the same way, predictive analytics can take your sourcing, hiring and retention data to show you which candidates you might hire in the future.
@HireOnSocial: #HR #Recruiting – What Exactly Is Predictive Analytics? via @HiringOnSocial https://t.co/yz4mzEUgjE https://t.co/C0VIxYTUbW
- ManyATS and interviewing solutionshave a feature that serves this purpose, allowing hiring managers, recruiters and other members of the hiring team to share thoughts and feedback regarding the candidate.
- Some companies usevideo for the first hiring screen, some use the phone, a few even send a screening email to see how their candidates respond.
- This can be the hiring manager, but usually theyre too busy to jump on every call, so have your department expert jump on to ask questions the candidate should probably know.
- Once the candidate has wowed the cultural ambassador, the HR pro, a future team member, and the hiring manager its time to give them an offer, right?
- Here are some ways to organize the information to meet specific hiring goals or to cater to specific managers: – – A solid timeline and definitive date (which youve already communicated to the candidate via the entire hiring team remember?)
@team6Q: #Recruiting – 15 Steps to the Right #Remote #Hire. Every Time via @HiringOnSocial https://t.co/dOB2v3IuDr https://t.co/oL3A26mxSp
- One way to do that is with talent pools, which are groups of employees who are being trained and developed to assume greater responsibilities within the organization.
- Talent pools allow organizations to develop employees in areas that align with company competencies and values instead of focusing on developing specific position skills.
- This allows a talent pool to address the biggest challenge with succession planning, which is telling individuals theyre part of the plan.
- That unpredictability can make traditional succession planning efforts difficult and talent pools an ideal tool.
- Here are four proven steps to developing an organizational talent pool for your organization: – – Talent pools offer flexibility to business needs while at the same time preparing high-performing employees for the future.
@sharlyn_lauby: Talent Pools: 4 Steps to Develop Your Employees – #HR Bartender #leadership #SHRM18 https://t.co/Nlenq3oi08 https://t.co/VT6kz5zJRq
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.