Recruiting, socialcare, disability, jobs & much more…
Recruiting News Thursday, June 7
- Calculating Your Recruiting Cost Made Easy
- VODG is recruiting a Policy and Communications Manager
- 4 Ways to Improve Employee Retention – HumanTelligence
- However, avoiding this high recruiting cost driver is as easy (and difficult) as not making bad hires.
- High turnover drives up your recruiting costs through the sheer volume of hires that it forces you to make.
- The first metric is cost per-hire and, this data point is found by dividing total recruitment costs by the number of hires made over a period of time (quarterly, annual, etc.).
- [Download the FREE Cost Per Hire Calculator Here] This metric, however, can be a little muddled when a company hires for both high and low salaried jobs.
- Once you have this baseline data, you can attack some of the common recruiting cost inflators (extended vacancies, bad hires, high turnover) and watch as this metric starts to swing in your favor.
@HireOnSocial: Calculating Your #Recruiting Cost Made Easy https://t.co/dIgEoGHXKR https://t.co/4xsandQfLP
- VODG is the leading infrastructure body for voluntary sector disability organisations.
- As we enter a new phase in our development and continued growth a new position has been created for a Policy & Communications Manager.
- The right person will seize this exciting opportunity to help shape the future of VODG and work effectively to ensure our policy and communications functions are of the highest quality and impactful.
- Download the job description and person specification here.
- Applications will be acknowledged but feedback only offered to candidates who attend an interview.
@VODGmembership: VODG is recruiting a Policy and Communications Manager https://t.co/n5q963dWSA #SocialCare #Disability #Jobs https://t.co/7CmitF5HXc
- Now it is just not the HR departments job to take care of the employee needs in fact, the need of the hour is every leader and managers should come together and provide employees what they need to stay with the organization and perform.
- Imagine there were no class tests and no midterm exams- directly the final exam to check your performance.
- Development opportunities influence an employees decision to stay at their job.
- The budget cannot be an excuse as managers can coach and develop employees through regular, meaningful conversations and performance feedback.
- It is important to involve employees goal-setting and share continuous feedback to manage clear expectations and top priorities.
@VivekMasters: 4 Ways to Improve Employee Retentionhttps://t.co/GHNuu3iN4s#HR #leadership #tech #IoT #HRTech #BigData… https://t.co/Q2k8AjGWB3
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.