Recruiting, bigdata, socialmedia, ssscjobs & much more…
Recruiting News Thursday, May 31
- How Temp Recruiting Businesses Can Flourish Irrespective of Market Conditions
- Social Media for Recruiting – Using Big Data in Social Media Recruiting
- Working as a provider to the temp recruitment market means Chris is talking to contract recruiting businesses daily, hearing about the challenges theyre facing and the market trends theyre observing.
- Chris shared a wealth of insights about the current state of the temp recruiting market and we went on to co-host a webinar on these topics (the recording of which is provided below).
- Chris spoke passionately about the many trends that are impacting the industry most encouraging of which was the seemingly booming state of the market in the aftermath of the Brexit vote.
- Chris is also a strong advocate of investing in technologies that make a business more resilient to any change in market conditions or squeeze of profit margins.
- Chriss webinar was focused on Process to Profit in A Digital World, by which he broadly means identifying non-profit making business processes that can be streamlined, digitised and automated.
@IFP_HR: How Temp #Recruiting Businesses Can Flourish Irrespective of the Market https://t.co/hnS45ZHgbA by @tonyrestell… https://t.co/bTqEAx34p6
- Social media recruiting is increasingly making use of big data to help companies find talent and identify the best job candidates for open positions.
- The combination of big data and social media for recruiting, put simply, works.
- There is no one specific formula for combining big data and social media recruiting to magically produce highly qualified job candidates, but there are some commonalities.
- Human expertise is the third necessary factor in addition to big data and social media platforms in successful social media recruiting.
- Combined with social media recruiting expertise, big data allows social recruiting specialists to make more accurate, evidence-based selections more quickly, and this can confer a very real competitive advantage for hiring companies, particularly as competition for top talent heats up.
@TheDisappointer: Interesting! Using #BigData in #SocialMedia #Recruiting by @cherylrm https://t.co/rFRBOhMFg6 on @Social_Hire… https://t.co/Hi2x9atbcl
- Thank you for your interest in this unique opportunity to lead and shape the regulation and development of the social service workforce in Scotland.
- Over half a million people use social services at any one time in Scotland, with 1 in every 13 people employed working in this sector, demonstrating the value, both economic and social that this dedicated and diverse workforce brings.
- Our new Chief Executive will spearhead innovation, championing our ongoing success, both in Scotland and the UK, working with our partners across the nations to deliver our vision of a trusted, skilled and confident social service workforce.
- Social services are also going through rapid change.
- As Chief Executive, and working with a dedicated Council, you will help to shape our future strategy and the regulatory landscape across Scotland and the UK, inspiring our outstanding, committed staff team and our external stakeholders.
@SSSCnews: We’re recruiting a new Chief Executive. Have you got what it takes? Find out here: https://t.co/8F6uJtaMBX #SSSCjobs https://t.co/umZGMXIvjM
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.