Hiring, recruiting, talent, hr & much more…
Recruiting News Friday, June 1
- 4 Stupidly Simple Ways to Attract Great Software Engineers
- One Month Free Trial
- Current Opportunities
- Owen Murray, Lead Recruiter at Zalando, opened up his office to share his approach to hiring the best software engineers they can find.
- Owen explains that Dublin was an obvious choice to open an office because of the potential of amazing software engineering talent.
- There are always loads of factors that help you make the decision to open a new branch and Zalandos talent map pointed us in the direction of Dublin – – The team is quickly growing and Owen shares with us the four aspects of the hiring process that stand out…
- During the Zalando recruitment process, they constantly have to ask themselves how they can optimise their job ads for the best applicants.
- This allows potential software engineers or any candidates for the matter to experience the office in a casual setting and meet some current employees.
@SocialTalent: Trying to attract talent? Don’t ignore the elephant in the room! https://t.co/dMsGpmtEMX #hiring #recruiting #talent https://t.co/4T7EDvEuYE
@VivekMasters: Easy and quick integration with your HR platformsBook a Free Trial: https://t.co/gaO8TqFqpJ#HR #leadership #tech… https://t.co/ZCVdTVpD34
- The City performs reference checks for all jobs to verify information from your application, resume and interview.
- You must provideat least three references who you currently report to or who you have reported to in the past.
- Exceptions are made depending on the job or volunteer opportunity that you apply for.
@hsr: Join the @hsr team! We are now recruiting for bus Operators. Apply today: https://t.co/BbwQACMNmc #HamOnt https://t.co/ShrRxzOOTZ
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.