Hr, leadership, tech, iot & much more…
Recruiting News Friday, May 25
- The Value and Vindication of Candidate Data: Recruiting in the Age of the GDPR
- How To Attract Top Talent With A Well-Written Job Description – HumanTelligence
- The Future Of Technology And Recruiting
- Todays employers should pay especially close attention to the methods by which they process, store, and use candidate data.
- By not being trustworthy and transparent about their candidate data practices, employers risk not only turning off job seekers, but also losing customers in the long run.
- The primary idea behind candidate data rights is to empower job seekers to choose who has access to their personal information, to gain visibility into where that data is stored and how it is processed, and to provide informed consent to be collected into a given database.
- You can also send communications to your candidate database that prompt applicants to return to the career portal to provide consent, review their current information, and request deletion or edits of their personal data.
- If candidate data were to become compromised, or if applicants were to suspect their personal informationwasbeing abused or disregarded, an employer could quickly run into massive public scrutiny and financial risk.
@Tips4Recruiters: The Value and Vindication of Candidate Data: Recruiting in the Age of the GDPR https://t.co/Juu4nCg4SI https://t.co/vD8K4ICuGN
- A few tactics can help you write a good job description that can attract the right candidates you are looking for.
- The basic elements of writing a job description are the key areas of responsibility, for whom the employee will work and with whom etc.
- It the job description is not clear then be ready to be overloaded with tons of irrelevant resumes that is going to consume a lot of time and money.
- With a clear and concise Job description, you will be in a position to filter those unwanted resumes that dont meet the required qualification.
- Hope these tips help you write a good job description that can attract the right employee for your organisation.
@VivekMasters: How To Attract Top Talent With A Well-Written Job Descriptionhttps://t.co/0lTl5N0bpB#HR #leadership #tech #IoT… https://t.co/aA4BdTDkXV
- Glassdoor gives candidates a quick glimpse into what it is like to work at your company, online profiles allow them to apply to many jobs in an instant, and some companies are even starting to use Snapchat to let candidates answer an interview question.
- Smart phones and social media applications are how most people communicate, get their information, and interact with the world – – The others were on the other side.
- In the near future a forward thinking company will take things like: A.I. software, online selection testing, video interview data, Glassdoor reviews, realistic Job preview videos, and some sort of social media platform to complete the entire recruiting, selection, onboarding, and initial training processes.
- The data tells us that online assessments, and digital interview facial recognition software is better at selecting good candidates than human interviewers.
- Online onboarding, training, and simulations will prepare the new hire for their first day, and help build confidence in them.
@HRtechMag: The Future of Technology and #Recruiting https://t.co/YYrrP0rjVh #EmployeeEngagement #HR https://t.co/hdvIQQLdPF
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.