Recruiting News Tuesday, March 27 Predictive analytics, Social media agency, Prior hiring data & more…
Recruiting News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Taking the Gamble Out of Hiring Quality Candidates
- The gamble of sourcing and hiring a qualified candidate puts pressure on recruiters and hiring managers, how can predictive analytics help? Read this:
- predictive analytics, Social Media Agency, global talent acquisition, Predictive Recruiting Scoring, hiring. Talent acquisition
- This AI Tool Makes Job Descriptions More Inclusive
- Diversifying a workplace could be as simple as tweaking job postings.
- prior hiring data, proprietary data set, CEO Kieran Snyder, client—Textio tailors recommendations, full-service augmented writing
- Blockchains and Recruiting. Transformative Technology or Just a Buzzword?
- blockchain, continuously growing list, General Data Protection, blockchain based systems, network
- Talent acquisition techhas tapped into machine learning andintelligent algorithmsto harness the power of predictive analytics.
- Predictive analytics is an area of statistics that extracts information from historical data and uses it topredict future trends.
- Email filters, text suggestion/autocorrect and streaming recommendations are just a few everyday instances of predictive analytics.
- You probably already use predictive analytics if youve shopped online or Spotify has suggested a new music station based on your tastes.
- In the same way, predictive analytics can take your sourcing, hiring and retention data to show you which candidates you might hire in the future.
- Textio has discovered a secret to getting companies to recruit more diverse employees: Put words in hiring managers mouths.
- Textio is a writing-enhancement service powered by a proprietary data set of more than 350 million job posts.
- The proposed text varies by clientTextio tailors recommendations after first studying the companys prior hiring data, including applicant qualifications and demographics.
- Johnson & Johnson, for example, reported an additional 90,000 female applicants (a 9% increase) in its pipeline last year after using Textio to refine its job postings.
- With a recent $20 million funding round, Snyder plans to apply Textio to recruiting emails, which take up gobs of hiring managers time and often go unanswered.
- Users of the data know that information included in a blockchain is reliable and immutable.
- In this case believing that the records are reliable depends on how much trust is placed in the parties that control the blockchain.
- In one case an error in the software led to the creation of 92 billion bitcoins which the network had to roll back, essentially making a lie of the claim that a blockchain record is immutable and trustworthy.
- Another problem is that the European Unions upcoming General Data Protection Regulation, which goes into effect in May 2018, is forcing developers to find a way to delete data from blockchains.
- Blockchain technology is incompatible with EU regulations as currently written.
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.