Recruiting News Monday, March 19 Shrm talent, Shrm talent conference, Employers & more…
Recruiting News TLDR / Table of Contents
- 6 Reasons to Attend the 2018 SHRM Talent Conference – #SHRMTalent
- Talent acquisition is the top priority for companies this year. The SHRM Talent Conference can help you learn more about recruiting and retention. Here are 6 key reasons to attend.
- SHRM Talent, SHRM Talent Conference, Size. SHRM Talent, ,
- Employers reevaluating drug policies in light of evolving marijuana laws, opioid epidemic
- Executives should look at their approach to drug testing in the workplace as pot becomes legalized across the country and painkiller addiction continues to run rampant.
- employers, Workplace marijuana policies, opioid crisis, opioid abuse, medical marijuana
- Education, Social Inclusion, Health and Wellbeing, Girls and Womens, Football Development and Community Delivery
- apprenticeship training providers, Chief Operating Officer, Skills Funding Agency, wider Apprenticeship, operational aspects
- I know theres a lot of conversation right now about the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Annual Conference taking place June 17-20, 2018 in Chicago.
- Its the SHRM Talent Conference & Expo.
- Ive had the opportunity to attend SHRM Talent for a few years now, so I thought I would share a few reasons that you might want to check this event out.
- If youve been trying to decide between going to a formal workshop and attending a conference, SHRM Talent allows you to do both.
- Image captured by Sharlyn Laubyafter speaking at the SHRM Annual Conference in Washington, DC
- As the landscape on medical marijuana use evolves and the opioid epidemic grows, employers are facing a number challenges in how to handle compliance and costs with these drugs.
- For multi-state employers, setting up a policy can be tricky, as 30 states and Washington D.C. have legalized marijuana in some form, and eight of those states, as well as the district, have legalized the drug for recreational use.
- Workplace marijuana policies are a brewing storm between federal and many state governments, and this could lead many employers to just remove marijuana from the list of unacceptable drugs to avoid losing young talent, Reidy said.
- he asked, speaking at the Society for Human Resource Managements Law and Legislative Conference in Washington, – there are some advantages to drug testing, such as reduced health insurance costs and a minimized risk in workplace violence, there are some disadvantages employers should note.
- One in five workplace injuries and near misses were caused by the misuse of prescription drugs, he said, and employers in the U.S. lose more than $12 billion each year due to opioid abuse by employees.
- The SET is an education and sport charity which uses the power of sport to engage hard-to-reach groups and the wider community to help improve their academic and sporting attainment as well as improve their future options.
- The SET works with over 50,000 people a year in the fields of education, health, inclusion and sport (particularly football of course).
- The Chief Executive is responsible for all strategic and operational aspects of the organisation, taking the SET to the next level, helping more people and maintaining the quality and integrity of the organisation while expanding.
- You will balance strategic thinking with operational detail and managing key relationships, alongside developing the staff team with the Chief Operating Officer to ensure that we deliver maximum depth and breadth of impact.
- We are an equal opportunities employer.
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.