Recruiting News Sunday, February 11
Recruiting News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Jobs – Birmingham City Council – Earn Their Respect
- Join us and whichever role you choose, you’ll be in a unique position to make a positive difference, every day, to people’s lives. You’ll help us rebuild our reputation, regain the trust of our communities, and take the risks needed to drive bold new ways of working.Our Priorities (PDF)
- Commonwealth Games, Commonwealth Games Birmingham, bold new ways, Commonwealth Games Chief, local government politicians
- Scotland Policy Officer
- Annual salary: £28,119 Hours of work: full-time, 35 hours per week Location: Glasgow Term: Permanent
- JRF Executive Director, Joseph Rowntree Foundation, poverty free UK, Scotland Policy Officer, shared office space
- We’re recruiting!
- Join BeeBee Wraps and make a positive impact! BeeBee Wraps is looking for another member of the team. Are you the right candidate to come and work at our small
- BeeBee Wraps, right candidate, natural world, BeeBee Wrap brand, fast growing eco-business
- Is Your Hiring Process Slowing You Down?
- Hiring the right employee is the most strategically important process a business can accomplish, but is your process slowing you down? Read this:
- process, hiring process, Social Media Agency, candidates, employee referral program
- 6 Social Recruiting Facts You’re (Probably) Still Ignoring
- You might not like hearing this, but you’re probably not giving social networks the attention and resources they fully deserve as a recruiting channel in 2016.
- social media, candidate experience, Social Media Agency, employer branding,
- NYMAZ – Make Music Happen | news | post | nymaz-is-recruiting-a-new-director
- Contract: Permanent position, 0.8 FTE (4 days per week)Salary: £38,000 pro rataLocation: York, with flexible working options
- music education, quality music-making activities, youth music charity, digital music education, rural isolation
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 18:00:35 +0000 2018
- And can you command the loyalty and hard work of groups of people working across the region from a range of professional backgrounds?
- If you think you can and you have the will and energy to engage in the most exciting international opportunity for the city for many years – then this is the job for you.
- You will be co-ordinating all the activity across the City Council and beyond, and will not only be dealing with the third largest sporting event in the world, the Commonwealth Games Birmingham 2022, but a huge cultural programme and a business expo designed to show off the skills and industry…
- You will be based in central Birmingham so you can work closely with the Games Organising Committee and the Commonwealth Games Chief Executive, across all aspects of Birmingham City Council as well as with our close partners at the West Midlands Combined Authority and three regional local enterprise partnerships.
- If you would like to talk about the opportunity, please contact: Stella Manzie, Interim Chief Executive at or Jacqui Kennedy, Corporate Director, Place at send your CV and a supporting letter describing how you match the criteria in the person specification to date is by 5.00pm on Wednesday 28 February…
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 18:55:11 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-29T10:47:51+00:00
- The Joseph Rowntree Foundation (JRF) is an independent organisation working to inspire social change through research, policy and practice.
- We are recruiting a new role of Scotland Policy Officer, based at JRF’s new shared office space in Glasgow.
- The job plays a key role in developing and testing evidence based options and solutions, seeking to influence policy makers and practitioners at Scottish, regional and local levels.
- You will need to have substantial professional experience of working in a public policy environment, ideally in Scotland, with knowledge of how to develop and test ideas to influence policy-makers or practitioners.
- You will have worked with a wide range of stakeholders including policy makers, public service providers, employers and other stakeholders to draw together evidence, ideas and expertise to develop and test policy solutions.
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 09:36:34 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-10T17:11:00+00:00
Author: Kath Austin
- Are you the right candidate to come and work at our small but fast growing eco-business?
- The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be part of establishing BeeBee Wraps as the ‘go-to’ alternative to plastic, and involved in growing our social mission to curb our impact on the natural world.
- We are a small, hard-working team and we expect the right candidate to be ready to roll up their sleeves and join in the everyday tasks as well as growing into roles carrying more responsibilities.
- This role will see the right candidate be an integral part of the company as it grows.
- The right person will mirror these values and, with their own uniqueness, bring another positive element to the team.
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 03:29:01 +0000 2018
- Even more difficult and frustrating is when job candidates face a long-winded process, resulting in loss of top talent within a blink of an eye.
- Hiring a candidate too fast may result in a hire that isn’t a good fit for your company, but moving too slowly runs the risk of losing talented candidates.
- Also, candidates that have a personal relationship with a current employee are more likely to accept job offers.
- Completing the questions during the pre-screening process allows candidates to determine if they are a good fit for the company.
- In this process, your hiring team will see if they mesh with your company culture and ensure your company hires the right candidate as swiftly as possible.
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 11:21:04 +0000 2018
- However, most candidates aren’t using this social network to specifically apply for a job at your company.
- Interacting With Job Seekers On Social Media Improves the Candidate Experience – – One mistake many brands make is forgetting to be social on social media.
- Don’t forget that social media is all about relationship building and engagement, which is the backbone of recruiting and candidate experience.
- Social Media Delivers The Most Benefits To Employer Branding – – We recently released our inaugural State Of Employer Branding report, which is comprised of responses from nearly 300 HR and recruiting leaders.
- Many companies are aware of the benefits that social media can provide in their recruiting efforts, especially when it comes to branding.
Tweeted At: Sat Feb 10 15:36:03 +0000 2018
- NYMAZ is a youth music charity, which champions the transformative potential of music for children and young people in North Yorkshire and across rural England.
- NYMAZ’s voice is heard across the creative and cultural sector on the issues of rural isolation and digital music education.
- We are also committed to strengthening the music education and musical inclusion sectors through workforce development, building strategic partnerships and advocating for the benefits of participatory music.
- As one of thirteen current strategic partners of Youth Music, NYMAZ is delivering targeted music activities and workforce development to create a musically-inclusive England, where every child can access music-making opportunities, regardless of their circumstances.
- After a period of successful strategic development, we are seeking a new Director to lead NYMAZ into the next stage of its journey.
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.