Recruiting News Friday, February 9
Recruiting News TLDR / Table of Contents
- PCSO (Police Community Support Officer) – London – British Transport Police
- ID: 3749. Vacancy: PCSO (Police Community Support Officer) – London. Location: London. Closing Date: 19/03/2018 12:00
- railway environment, safe railway environment, national police force, BTP Community, PCSO paper sift
- Jobs – Birmingham City Council – Earn Their Respect
- Join us and whichever role you choose, you’ll be in a unique position to make a positive difference, every day, to people’s lives. You’ll help us rebuild our reputation, regain the trust of our communities, and take the risks needed to drive bold new ways of working.Our Priorities (PDF)
- Commonwealth Games, Commonwealth Games Birmingham, bold new ways, Commonwealth Games Chief, local government politicians
- Job Seekers: Recruiters Share 12 Things They Want Right Now
- Recruiters share their list of things that job seekers do well, need to do better, and should start doing now. No more guesswork! This list is developed by full-time professional recruiters.
- candidates, job, Cover letters, company, practice good body
- EMBL Job Opportunities – EMBL
- We are seeking project leader to join the Non-vertebrate Genomics Team at the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI), located on the Wellcome Trust Genome Campus. The appointee will be responsible for the development of the Ensembl Plants resource.Ensembl Plants is a leading global database for plant genomes. Developed using the Ensembl…
- Ensembl Plants, Ensembl Plants resource, Ensembl software framework, Ensembl code base, Ensembl services
- Work with us
- We require enthusiastic and creative music leaders and teachers to join our team who have skills and experience in teaching the following:
- Saturday Music Centre, small group lessons, Lewisham Music, ,
- Toggle navigation, Tweet,
- Careers Archive
- FAST TechnologiesSkeoge Ind. EstateBeraghmore Road, DerryCo. LondonderryN. IrelandBT48 8SET: +44 (0) 2871 357 740F: +44 (0) 2871 357 744E: [email protected]www.fasttechnologies.com
- various projects, Apply, specialised design, design process, Graduate Mechanical Engineer
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 14:14:37 +0000 2018
Author: Wcn Plc
- PCSO’s are vital in achieving our mission by acting as connector within our community and maintaining public confidence.
- No two days will be the same as you help protect and reassure the passengers, railway staff and retailers within the BTP Community.
- To support candidates through the application and assessment centre process, we are conducting a PCSO Workshop on 24th February in London.
- We want our organisation to be as diverse as the community it serves and welcome applications from everyone.
- Language skills can be especially valuable to community engagement and candidates who can speak additional languages such as Hindi, Arabic, Farsi, Bengali, Urdu, Amharic, Pushtu, Punjabi, Tamil and Somali are encouraged to apply.
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 16:39:51 +0000 2018
- And can you command the loyalty and hard work of groups of people working across the region from a range of professional backgrounds?
- If you think you can and you have the will and energy to engage in the most exciting international opportunity for the city for many years – then this is the job for you.
- You will be co-ordinating all the activity across the City Council and beyond, and will not only be dealing with the third largest sporting event in the world, the Commonwealth Games Birmingham 2022, but a huge cultural programme and a business expo designed to show off the skills and industry…
- You will be based in central Birmingham so you can work closely with the Games Organising Committee and the Commonwealth Games Chief Executive, across all aspects of Birmingham City Council as well as with our close partners at the West Midlands Combined Authority and three regional local enterprise partnerships.
- If you would like to talk about the opportunity, please contact: Stella Manzie, Interim Chief Executive at or Jacqui Kennedy, Corporate Director, Place at send your CV and a supporting letter describing how you match the criteria in the person specification to date is by 5.00pm on Wednesday 28 February…
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 15:20:00 +0000 2018
- We are part of the United Kingdom’s Designing Future Wheat program, which brings together eight organisations aiming to assist in the development of improved wheat varieties; European and trans-Atlantic collaborations (in the ELIXIR and Gramene projects); and are working with the community to develop new data standards and tools to…
- The project leader’s working life will be varied, and will involve supervising staff; interacting with our collaborators, with data generators, and with the user community; contributing to data releases and development of the Ensembl code base; and developing operating procedures, code specifications, and priorities for future work.
- They will need to work closely with other staff contributing to the Ensembl services, and will be expected to contribute to the preparation of reports due to funding agencies, and to applications for additional funding.
- We are located on the Wellcome Genome Campus near Cambridge in the UK, and our 600 staff are engineers, technicians, scientists and other professionals from all over the world.
- Experience of code repositories, compute farms and queuing systems, containers, and other tools for software development and deployment will be considered favourably.
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 13:44:57 +0000 2018
- We require enthusiastic and creative music leaders and teachers to join our team who have skills and experience in teaching the following: – – Tutors need to be able to teach from beginner level up to Grade 7/8 and be experienced in leading an ensemble.
- Our Saturday Music Centre runs for 10 Saturdays during school term time.
- This is a really exciting time to join Lewisham Music, to work with our schools and hub partners to secure the best provision and outcomes for Lewisham children and young people and their families.
- Tutors will work in our Saturday Music Centre as well as Lewisham maintained schools and academies, Lewisham Music after school centres and in collaboration with hub partners as required.
- Lewisham Music is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 13:34:23 +0000 2018
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.