Recruiting News Thursday, February 8
Recruiting News TLDR / Table of Contents
- A Practical Guide to Making Your Recruiting Efforts More Visible on LinkedIn
- Job candidates tap into many resources when researching which employers they want to work for. But there’s no question that checking LinkedIn is usually at the top of the list.
- company page, linkedin, LinkedIn company page, LinkedIn Jobs page, internal LinkedIn searches
- Don’t Get Stuck in a Rut: What You Need to Know About Data-Driven Recruiting
- Many recruiting teams get stuck in a rut of doing things the way they’ve always been done. Check these benefits of data-driven recruitment to get ahead:
- Data-Driven Recruiting Benefit, Social Media Agency, Data-driven recruiting strategies, structured interview process, data-driven recruiting strategy
- Democrats blast DHS for paying $40K recruiting fee to hire $40K-salaried border agents
- ‘For folks where I live who think the government’s lost its mind, that would be Exhibit A,’ the committee’s ranking Democrat, Sen. Claire Mc…
- Border Patrol, Management Claire Grady, DHS Deputy Secretary, Senate Homeland Security, Border Protection agency
- NHS Jobs – Consultant / Trainee Consultant Mammographer Band 8C
- A Job Description
- Breast Radiology Services, Radiology Services Manager, breast consultant radiologists, main breast units, breast imaging team
- Jobs | The Men’s Room
- free condoms, Sex Workers, Web design, Manchester, Men
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 12:55:05 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-06T05:00:00+00:00
Author: #Susan Joyce
- It’s important to note that LinkedIn allows anyone who works for the company (as designated by the “current job” in their profile) to set up the company page.
- LinkedIn provides 100 characters in the company name field, so if the name is shorter than 100 characters, fill the remaining space with important related keywords, like: – – Only the first 50 characters will be displayed on the company page, but all of the characters will be included in…
- Jobs may be posted directly on the LinkedIn Jobs page or through your company page based on your daily spending budget.
- Just like recruiters search on certain specific terms, such as job title, location, education and important skills, job seekers also seek out these terms.
- Searches on job title, location and important skills are usually the keywords job seekers use: – – To discover the terms favored by job seekers, check the “Jobseeker Interest” graph in Indeed’s JobTrends.
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 16:11:02 +0000 2018
- Culling data to inform your recruitment strategy has many benefits like improving diversity initiatives, tapping into quality talent pools you didn’t even know existed, hiring top talent before your competitors do and of course driving revenue and profits through the ceiling!
- Predictive analytics can help recruiting teams zero in on top talent faster and give the insight needed to engage quality candidates and remove unqualified or unfit talent out of the system.
- With competition being so fierce for quality talent, intelligent recruiting systems are a must to meet business objectives while saving on recruiting costs.
- This will help you with the previous tactic of candidate scoring but will also help you tie this data to the performance of the employee once they’re hired.
- For example, social channels may be driving in 500 applications a day, but if the conversion from candidate to employee is low, then spend can be decreased or reallocated to a higher performing channel.
Tweeted At: Wed Feb 07 18:06:42 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-07T12:15:15+00:00
Author: Anna Giaritelli
- “For folks where I live who think the government’s lost its mind, that would be Exhibit A.” – – DHS Undersecretary for Management Claire Grady defended the practice by saying the initial $40,000 costs was for more than just finding candidates and getting them to sign a job contract.
- Sen. Heidi Heitkamp, D-Mo., said the costs were still too high and said DHS, whose Customs and Border Protection agency has struggled to hire and retain members of its 60,000-person staff, were not being creative enough in their recruitment efforts.
- Grady, who was joined by DHS Deputy Secretary Elaine Duke, again defended human resources’ attempts to adequately staff the border security agency.
- “Despite the efforts of using a range of options, including retention incentives and different things we had done from a recruiting perspective, we have an average net loss of about 400 positions for Border Patrol agents every year.
- In light of President Trump’s executive order to hire an additional 5,000 CBP officers, which includes the Border Patrol, Grady said the department chose to go “above and beyond” normal procedure and hired a recruiting company that has a “proven track record to accomplish just that.”
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 13:30:19 +0000 2018
- 37.5 hours per week, currently Monday to Friday but weekend working will be required – – Working alongside our existing consultant mammographers , breast consultant radiologists and surgeons the post holder will be relied on to deliver a range of screening and symptomatic reporting and procedures.
- The post holder will report to the Breast Radiology Services Manager, but take professional lead from the Breast Screening Clinical Director.
- You will be expected to work closely with the Breast Radiology Services Manager to maintain a cost effective, high quality service, identifying opportunities to improve patient care or reduce costs of service delivery wherever possible.
- HCPC registered, with a BSc or diploma in radiography and have or be working towards a higher degree in breast imaging or a related health care science, you will have experience in screen reading and performing some interventional procedures.
- You must have an ability to work effectively within the breast team and be able to present complex reports to be understood by a varying level of stakeholders.
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 09:28:58 +0000 2018
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.