Recruiting News Monday, February 5 PM
Recruiting News TLDR / Table of Contents
- On Hiring – it’s recruiting brainfood for the week ahead – Issue #69
- Hung Lee – We’re talking Game of Thrones, Amazon’s ‘rain forest office’, LinkedIn gaol (and how to avoid), a mega list of custom search engines and method post o
- custom search engines, share, San Francisco, LinkedIn gaol, Recruiting Brainfood folks
- NHS Jobs – Specialty Doctor in Dermatology
- A Job Description
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals, Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS, Hospitals NHS Trust,
- Recruitment is a cost to every business right? Virgin Media plan to make it a revenue stream by radically changing their candidate experience.
- Virgin Media, candidate experience, recruitment process, positive candidate experience, current candidate experience
- Interview attire: How to dress to impress
- What to wear?! Whether you’re interviewing with a staffing agency or a hiring manager, these fashion tips will help put your best foot forward!
- Technical Recruiter, best foot forward., favourable interview impression, Account Manager, best corporate bet
- HR Pros Need to Build Freelancer Networks [infographic] – #HR Bartender
- Flexible work is in demand. Employees want it and businesses need a freelancer network. It helps the individual freelancer and organizations succeed.
- professional association meeting, flexible work, incorrect assumption, sales pitch, Freelancer activity
- Senior Business Development Executive – Glasgow
- Burness Paull is one of Scotland’s premier law firms with offices across Aberdeen, Edinburgh and Glasgow, serving clients in Scotland, the UK and glob
- business development, Senior BD Exec, sectoral BD resources, Business Development Executive, Scottish Law Firm
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 16:49:02 +0000 2018
- We’re talking Game of Thrones, Amazon’s ‘rain forest office’, LinkedIn gaol (and how to avoid), a meg – – We’re talking Game of Thrones, Amazon’s ‘rain forest office’, LinkedIn gaol (and how to avoid), a mega list of custom search engines and method post of content with crayons.
- Special thanks this week goes to: – – Stevie Buckley, Aik Deveneijns, David Green, Leela Srinivasan, Daniel Dackombe, Felix Schlenther, Steve Jacobs, and Josh Biniecki for your very public support of this newsletter.
- Stevie Buckley, Aik Deveneijns, David Green, Leela Srinivasan, Daniel Dackombe, Felix Schlenther, Steve Jacobs, and Josh Biniecki for your very public support of this newsletter.
- The good news for everyone else is we have found a huge list of custom search engines collected together in this here spreadsheet.
- Point-of-view, interactive recruiting video that educates users about Deloitte’s culture and various service lines.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 13:30:18 +0000 2018
- Dermatology is an outpatient based speciality and services in the United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust are arranged as a ‘hub and spoke’ to provide effective care for the rural population of Lincolnshire.
- The two ‘hubs’ are at Lincoln and Boston and spoke services are provided at Grantham, Louth, Gainsborough, Spalding and Skegness The team is led by 5 consultant dermatologists, and offers a full range of general dermatology services including skin surgery, phototherapy, iontophoresis and paediatric dermatology at Lincoln and Boston.
- Skin cancer multidisciplinary meetings are held in Lincoln fortnightly and there is a monthly clinical governance meeting with a full and varied audit programme involving all members of the dermatology team.
- The candidate will join a team of 5 consultant dermatologists, a speciality doctor, two International Training Fellows and four dermatology clinical nurse specialists (that are based in Lincoln).
- Safeguarding Children and Vulnerable Adults – – United Lincolnshire Hospitals Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults, both as service users and visitors to Trust premises.
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 02 18:50:12 +0000 2018
- When we (my digital marketing agency, Ph.) met their team after helping them to uncover the truth about their loss-making recruitment process, the challenge was simple: ‘Make us famous for candidate experience.’
- This challenge quickly led to posing this new question: ‘What if your candidate experience was so positive that it created new customer acquisition opportunities from the people we engaged with?’
- Before thinking about a new $7 million revenue stream from the 89 percent of people applying for a job at Virgin Media that were not currently customers, we needed to establish a commitment to 100 percent of job applicants and neutralize the current loss-making situation.
- The second, thought up by Graeme Johnson (Virgin Media Head of Resourcing) was to be the good guys of recruitment and become world-famous for a positive candidate experience.
- Virgin Media has designed a robust experience and plans to completely reverse a loss-making situation into a potential new revenue generating opportunity; all by putting the people that matter, the candidates, first.
Tweeted At: Sat Feb 03 19:10:02 +0000 2018
- So because fashion isn’t selfish, here are some tips to make sure you’re aesthetically impressive from head to toe: – – It’s tempting to view an interview as a very formal occasion, and it is an important event, however; when it comes to your hair, fancy up-do’s are interview don’ts.
- Yet if you lean into a more “long hair, don’t care” style, it’s best to mirror the ladies and have it clean, brushed, frizz free and combed away from your face or tucked behind your ears.
- “I say cut it, but I know hair is a very personal thing, so I would suggest that one keeps it (1) clean and (2) in place,” advises Arek Godlewski, a Technical Recruiter with Procom.
- A common consensus is that a suit and tie is your best corporate bet and business casual will carry you through a start-up interview…but what about the accessories?
- “Love a bold tie for other days, but for interviewing, you don’t need the distraction,” says Marnie Pertsinidis, an Account Manager at Procom.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 15:56:57 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-26T04:57:04+00:00
- According to McKinsey, an estimated 162 million people in the United States and European Union are involved in some sort of flexible work.
- This infographic from LinkedIn and The Adecco Group does a nice job of highlighting the positive aspects of flexible work.
- Individuals looking to make freelancing part of their lifestyle need to figure out how to make investments into their work environment and professional development.
- That way, when the time comes, the company can make a call – or a couple of calls – and have the best talent for the work.
- A freelancer and contractor are an excellent way for organizations to get individuals with skills and experience.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 16:47:20 +0000 2018
- We are looking to recruit a Senior Business Development Executive for the BD and Marketing division in our Edinburgh or Glasgow office.
- Key responsibilities for the Senior BD Exec are: – – To work on market-specific business development strategies and plans for the relevant sector(s), consistent with the firm’s strategic initiatives.
- To work with lead partners to execute business development activities and plans, specifically assisting with focusing, structuring and implementing their client activities (CRM and targeting), managing business development processes and pipeline.
- To work closely with sector and divisional partners, as well as other BD staff and firm wide personnel as required to prepare and co-ordinate bid responses, pitches/proposals and presentations for new business associated with the respective sector.
- If you’re an experienced Business Development professional looking to join a premier Scottish commercial law firm, apply now.
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.