Recruiter News Friday, March 30 Social media agency, Talent acquisition specialist, Company canine cottages & more…
Recruiter News TLDR / Table of Contents
- 5 Skills Every Recruiter Must Have
- Social Media Agency, talent acquisition specialist, rock star recruiter, Purple Squirrel Finder, Social Media Manager
- Dog-friendly travel company seeks pawsome canine critic candidate | Recruiter
- Do you have a discerning dog that’s currently between roles? We have the pawfect role for them.
- company Canine Cottages, dog-friendly cottages, long car journeys, online travel site, various cottages
- 12 Ways to Connect With Your Community During Your Job Search
- Formal networking events aren’t the only way to make valuable professional connections.
- job search, people, community, job search workshops, urban career center
- Similarly spending a few extra minutes to build rapport with the hiring manager not only to understand the job requirement, but also know the dynamics of the team, soft skills required for the position etc. can go a long way in hiring the right talent for the job.
- With a Masters degree in Human Resources and over 10+ years of experience in HR and recruiting/staffing, she is adept at social media recruiting , career coaching for professionals and building effective job search strategies for career seekers.
- Ash is working as a senior Global Talent Acquisition Specialist at Verizon Labs and also provides 1-on-1 Career Coaching to new college grads and mid-level executives during weekends and after business hours and specializes in resume writing, interview training, building effective LinkedIn presence, dress for success training.
- Social Hire – the Social Media Agency for recruiters and small businesses.
- With outstanding Social Media Agency reviews on Google and exceptional client retention rates, the team at Social Hire really do know what works (and just as importantly, what doesnt work).
- The Metro is reporting dog-friendly travel company Canine Cottages is recruiting for a canine critic to carry out its property reviews.
- The online travel site, which has more than 1,500 dog-friendly cottages around the UK, is seeking a new recruit, who must be at least six months old, and be able to endure long car journeys and walks on beaches, hills and forests in locations across England, Scotland and Wales.
- Benefits include treats and surprises from top dog brands with one full weeks holiday plus three long weekends at various cottages across the UK.
- Comment below on this story.
- You can also tweet us to tell us your thoughts or share this story with a friend.
- If attending networking events makes you feel uncomfortable, consider connecting with more people in your community during your job search people like your former colleagues, your friends, your family members, your neighbors,fellow PTA members, your hair stylist, the folks with whom you volunteer, the local career center staff, etc.
- These events offer important opportunities but at the same time, so do your fellow community members.
- Saying Ill do anything; I just need a job is not helpful to people in your community, and it will make you appear desperate.
- Even when connecting with your community in a casual way, youll want to show people how serious you are about finding a job.
- Ping the people in your community with updates on your job search or just to keep in touch.
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.