Recruiter News Saturday, March 10 Omni-channel employees, Positive in-store experiences, Heikkinen & more…
Recruiter News TLDR / Table of Contents
- 5 Retail Jobs to Help Build Your Career
- These entry-level retail opportunities could be the perfect way to launch your dream career:
- omni-channel employees, positive in-store experiences, physical retail locations, entry-level retail opportunities, Glenn Laumeister
- 3 Ways to Build a Long-Term Recruiting Strategy
- Are you missing out on great-fit candidates because your recruiting process is too narrow? Montage CEO Kurt Heikkinen has tips for retaining more great candidates with a long-term recruiting strategy
- Heikkinen, requisition-style talent strategy, Kurt Heikkinen, deep talent pool, candidate-centric recruiting models
- Seven Keys to Effective Recruiting
- Creating a world-class talent acquisition effort that incorporates cool recruiting ideas is possible no matter your size or resource availability.
- talent acquisition, Wall Street Journal, talent acquisition effort, talent acquisition solutions, new hires
- While the retail industry may be the focus of much doom and gloom, smart retailers are finding ways to adapt and even thrive.
- Here are some entry-level retail opportunities that could be the perfect way to launch your career: – – Seasonal employees typically work from the beginning of the fall season through the winter.
- Cluttered or otherwise aesthetically displeasing stores will turn customers away, so retailers rely on the attention to detail and strong organizational skills of stocking assistants to keepthe in-store experience positive for shoppers.
- Omni-channel employees play an important role in making online and in-store experiences more cohesive.
- Whether they are checking product information or placing eCommerce orders, omni-channel employees are key hires in the future of retail.
- Your talent strategy should take a more holistic and long-term perspective to take advantage of a deeper pool of candidates, Heikkinen says.
- Assessments can help indicate how and why a second-place candidate might be good for your organization in another capacity, Heikkinen says, eliminating the need to start the search process all over when its time to hire again.
- Enabling candidates to use digital tools on their end can help you create a searchable record that makes second-place finishers easier to recall when you have a new opening.
- To build a deep talent pool, youll now have to keep those candidates interacting with your company even as they consider their other choices, Heikkinen says.
- Building and sustaining these connections with candidates who almost (but not quite) made it will give you a talent community you can tap into when the need arises.
- Yet, even if you hire just one new candidate a month, you can leverage many of the same effective strategies as the leading companies in talent acquisition, say the folks who lead them.
- Lee is a recognized authority on recruitment trends, and prior to joining SHRM he was editor and publisher of CareerCast.com, an award-winning site he created for job hunters and the HR community.
- Lee is a frequent conference speaker in the U.S. and internationally, and has appeared as a career guidance authority on a range of television and radio programs, such as those produced by NBC, ABC, CNN, FOX, NPR, CNBC, Huffington Post, WCBS and The Wall Street Journal, including The Today Show…
- Lees articles have appeared in hundreds of newspapers and magazines globally, and he serves on the board of governors of TAtech: The Association for Talent Acquisition Solutions.
- Lee is the founder and former publisher of The Wall Street Journal Online Vertical Network and all of the sites within that network, including CareerJournal.com, OpinionJournal.com, StartupJournal.com, RealEstateJournal.com and Political Diary, a paid email newsletter about politics.
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.