Recruiter News Thursday, March 8 Democratic house seats, Democratic primaries, Staffing firms & more…
Recruiter News TLDR / Table of Contents
- The Big News Out of the Texas Primary: Women
- There are strong signs that a lot of Democratic voters are looking for a woman to support this year. Plus, your morning links.
- Democratic House seats, Democratic primaries, home Congressional district, women, Texas
- Improve Candidate Quality and Client Satisfaction
- Generate repeat staffing business by giving your clients what they want: qualified candidates. See how to improve candidate quality and client satisfaction.
- staffing firms, candidate quality, , ,
- Santa’s List: 24 Recruiting Tools Every Recruiter Needs For Christmas
- In the spirit of Christmas, how about 24 tried & true recruiting tools in honor of the countdown to a relaxing holiday, regardless of religious background?
- true recruiting tools, free emotional Twitter, already. Merry Facebook, content management planning., additional tools
- Looking around: – Democratic gubernatorial candidate Lupe Valdez is beating Andrew White by about 16 percentage points.Two open safe Democratic House seats both went to Latina candidates: Sylvia Garcia in the the 29th district, in the Houston area, and Veronica Escobar in the 16th, in El Paso.
- Indeed, Escobar and two other women in the 16th combined for about 89 percent of the vote, leaving the rest for three men who ran.
- Overall that means everyEmily’s List endorsed candidatehas eitherwon or reached a runoff.In the other House primaries with no Democratic incumbent and at least one woman and one man running — solid Republican seats that probably had minimal campaigning — Democratic womenwon (or at least had the lead at last look)…
- I think most Democratic consultants nationwide would have said for several years that, all else equal, women have a bit of an edge over men in Democratic primaries.
- All I can say is that if I were advising a Democratic woman trying to decide whether to jump into a tough-looking primary for a winnable seat, these Texas results would make me more comfortable urging her to go for it.
- Given the importance of repeat business for staffing firm revenue, all staffing firms have plenty of incentive to improve client satisfaction.
- A recent CareerBuilder survey of staffing firm clients found that 39 percent of clients rated the performance of the provided hires at a mediocre 5 out of 10.
- 63 percent of staffing clients cited an increase in candidate quality as the single most important thing staffing firms can do to better meet their needs.
- Only 27 percent of clients said that applicant volume should be a top priority for their staffing provider, less than half the number of clients that requested an improvement in candidate quality.
- For more ways to close the perception gap between you and your clients, check out the ebook,Perception vs. Reality: How Staffing Firm Service Compares to Client Expectations.
- In the spirit of Christmas, how about 24 tried true recruiting tools in honor of the countdown to a relaxing holiday, regardless of religious background?
- In the true essence of forgiving and forgetting the ghosts of Christmas past, Id like to pass on to each of you tools to make your year that much brighter.
- And now, fellow recruiting pros, 24 additional tools encompassing multiple industry categories so you can dominate recruiting like a boss (or in this case, an elf).
- Lets give it a shot with new, unique tools in our belt – – 24 Recruiting Tools Every Recruiter Needs For Christmas – Santa Gets Social – Juice.li:Download this little beauty to integrate into you content management planning.
- If you have additional tools Santa should add to the list; please add below.
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.