Recruiter News Monday, February 12
Recruiter News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Sign the Petition
- A platform for custom apparel known as Teespring is continuously in violation of copyright infringement. In addition to copyright infringement they allow the sales of apparel promoting violence, hate, and racism.
- Teespring, copyright infringement, rape culture, search term, apparel
- Every Job Seeker Needs to Be Their Own a Hype Man
- You have to be your own hype man during the job search – and who better to learn from than Flavor Flav?
- Flavor Flav, job seekers, Public Enemy, Mark Anthony Dyson, hype man
- How New Technology Is Bringing HR ’Full Circle’
- ‘One could argue the proliferation of too many different employee self-services, best-of-breed technologies, and niche apps have sapped productivity recently.’
- HR, digital employee experiences, HR solution provider, HR professionals, HR technology
- 4 Tips on Establishing a Strong Culture at Your Company
- Just because you offer awesome perks, that doesn’t mean you have an awesome culture.
- culture, company, team members, company culture, BIA
- Sign the Petition
- In today’s corporate environment there is a major issue with subconscious and personal biases in the employment practice. This effects everyone. You, me, your neighbors and eventually your children. These biases are hidden under the guise of Pre-Defined Corporate Culture. Simply put, when you describe generalized character traits of…
- Corporate Culture, Pre-Defined Corporate Culture, personal biases, subconscious biases, Executive Management
- Sign the Petition
- Through a clever, well manufactured marketing campaign Marvel Studios and their parent company The Walt Disney Company have targeted the black community with their advertisements for the upcoming Black Panther film, due to release on February 16, 2018. As marginalized groups have become more vocal, corporations and their savvy public relations departments…
- Marvel Studios, Walt Disney Company, , ,
- Metro Bank to recruit nearly 1,000 in 2018 | Recruiter
- A UK challenger bank is boosting the country’s financial sector to the tune of 900 new jobs this year.
- Metro Bank University, certified employer provider, Chartered Banker Institute, apprenticeship scheme, apprenticeship training
- How to annoy a recruiter
- Getting on the good side of a recruiter is important if you want to get a job. So you should avoid upsetting them with a friendly follow-up email and a positive attitude.
- correct phone number, correct contact details, dream job goodbye, productive study session, recruiter
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 20:43:20 +0000 2018
- They have been in the news multiple times for selling apparel on their site with the messages Black Women are Trash, Rope.
- Not only are these slogans offensive but they also encourage rape culture, racism, violence against minorities and women, and sexual intolerance.
- To cut back on the issue of racism, intolerance, rape culture, and violence they should check each campaign for words that would suggest any of these issues.
- GTFO Foreigners Black women are trash and Slavery gets shit done – – Teespring also has had a line of apparel adorned with swastikas, under the guise of taking that symbol back, but yet under related searches there’s campaigns with shirts saying I love Hitler Hitler did nothing wrong amongst…
- If we can’t all can’t make that happen then at least we can make them implement stricter policies when people are launching new campaigns to ensure that the content isn’t spewing intolerance, violence, or racism and that the content is in fact owned by the individual launching the campaign.
Tweeted At: Tue Feb 06 17:21:13 +0000 2018
Author: Mark Anthony
- There are several attributes job seekers should pick up from Flavsperformance as a hype man, including: – – Distinct does not mean loud or constant.
- Your role as your own hype man is to show how your voice adds value.
- For example, during Public Enemys performances, you heard two very distinct voices: Chuck D.s authoritative bass delivering its message like CNN for Black people,and Flavs commentary on Chuck D.s rhetoric.
- Flavor Flav brought everything unique about himself to the stage, including his voice, energy, and message.
- In Flavor Flavs case, his antics created a compelling experienceto deliverPublic Enemys message.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 08:10:02 +0000 2018
Author: Jason Mcdowell
- While many believe advances in business technologies and internet applications were behind the more typical productivity growth rates we saw in the 1990s and early 2000s,one could argue it is the proliferation of too many different employee self-services, best of breed technologies, niche apps, new areas of innovations, and information…
- As a result, human resources information technology (HRIT) is increasingly focusing on designing simplified digital employee experiences that meet workers individual needs and preferences to find information, complete transactions, and connect the dots between different systems and sources of data so they can get back to the work that is…
- Robotic process automation, natural language processing, machine learning, and predictive analytics will enable more compelling and modern digital employee experiences, as well as make HR staff more productive and impactful on business strategy and outcomes, too.
- How will these new technologies drive change in the way HR professionals work?
- In fact, recent Bersin research showed that those companies that have broader data fluency amongst all HR professionals tend to outperform other firms in business and talent outcomes.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 08:30:22 +0000 2018
Author: Brian Schrader
- A great company culture is what makes you speak with pride aboutyour workplace and the people with whom you work.
- Basically, culture is about how a company treats people: employees, customers, shareholders, the public, and everyone else the company touches.
- A companys culture is based on the values a company and its employeeshold, which are communicated through guiding principles, expectations, and goals.
- At BIA, weve built and maintained a culture of knowledge and innovation, principles weveemphasizedfrom the start.
- From bowling nights to Yankees games, we often do activities that include our employees family members in order to further build the sense of family throughout BIA.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 15:00:40 +0000 2018
- In today’s corporate environment there is a major issue with subconscious and personal biases in the employment practice.
- Simply put, when you describe generalizedcharacter traits of potential employees prior to having them in the environment, it’s not Culture being described, but personal biases being applied based on the belief of the C-levels and Executive Management.
- To pre-define your Corporate Culture is to state your personal and subconscious biases.
- As An Employee: Signing this petition is intended as a sign to your Executive Managers and C-level that you believe Diversity as Corporate Culture is Essential for your company to succeed.
- As An Employer, C-Level or Other Executive Management: Signing this petition by you, a major decision maker for your company, shows you are willing to embrace Diversity over Subconscious Biases.
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 22:17:16 +0000 2018
- Through a clever, well manufactured marketing campaign Marvel Studios and their parent company The WaltDisney Company have targeted the black community with their advertisements for the upcoming Black Pantherfilm, due to release on February 16, 2018.
- Surely, more than just black people will be heading to the movies on February 16th to indulge in another piece of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, however, Marvel Studios hasn’t pulled out all the stops to get everyone else to come to the theaters – they’ve blatantly targeted the black community,…
- By signing this petition you’re taking a stand, and informingMarvel Studios & their parentThe Walt Disney Companythat in February your money is not guaranteed.
- That unless they agree to set aside25% of their WORLDWIDE profit to be allocated for investment in black communities, and in programs within these communities that focus on S.T.E.M., you will not be heading to any movie theater to see their film.
- Sign the petition and tell Marvel Studios & The Walt Disney Company to #BreakBread – – You could simply go to the theater come February 16th, pay for your tickets, buy your popcorn and soda and leave after two hours having seen a good film – and making wealthy companies…
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 10:15:02 +0000 2018
- Metro Bank announced this morning these new jobs would take its headcount to just short of 4,000.
- The group adds a key focus of its expansion will be in its apprenticeship scheme, with the bank last year becoming a certified employer provider, meaning that as well as hiring apprentices, it is also able to deliver apprenticeship training through its dedicated in-house facility, Metro Bank University.
- With around 100 places up for grabs, the bank will roll out sector-specific programmes accredited by either City and Guilds or The Chartered Banker Institute across IT, HR and cashiering.
- By hiring for attitude and training for skill, the bank added it focuses on supporting and developing its colleagues, last year promoting 25% of employees who had been with the bank a year or more.
- Metro Bank University has expanded to three campuses across London, offering staff more than 75 classroom-based courses and 130 e-learning sessions to help progress and develop their skills.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 05:46:39 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-12T00:00:00+00:00
- Recruiters are often the gateway to your dream role.
- Here are the top three ways to annoy a recruiter: – – You would be surprised at the number of people who apply for roles but dont provide a way for recruiters to contact them.
- If youve had an interview with a recruiter, sending an email or calling afterwards to thank them for their time is always appreciated.
- Pestering recruiters will only see your name dropped from the shortlist if you are high maintenance at this point, what will you be like if you actually get the job?
- Always use your manners and be a pleasure to deal with even if you dont get this role, your recruiter will remember you for all the right reasons and will put you forward for the next one.
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.