Recruiter News Saturday, February 10
Recruiter News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Sign the Petition
- We can no longer continue to tolerate companies such as The Company of Animals selling dog training devices that function via fear. We have tolerated Pet Corrector Spray being used to scare and coerce animals for too long.
- Pet Corrector Spray, Selling Pet Corrector, , ,
- At the Job Recruiter
- At the Job Recruiter English conversation
- Recruiter, investment banking, Applicant, different capacity, banking teller
- AI in HR: Surveying 4 Ways to Use Artificial Intelligence in Recruiting and Hiring
- The question that really matters for our industry is this: In what ways can AI truly meet the needs of talent acquisition professionals?
- talent acquisition, intelligent automation, Intelligent Screening Software, AI Recruiting Assistants, talent acquisition professionals
- In a Job Seeker’s Market, the Candidate Experience Matters More Than Ever
- When there are more jobs than people to fill them, candidates can pick and choose, forcing companies to step up their games if they hope to woo top talent.
- social media, job seekers, social media pages, percent, career site
- Recruiter Job Opening in Woburn, Massachusetts – Northeast Human Resources Association
- A new Recruiter job is available in Woburn, Massachusetts. Check it out on Northeast Human Resources Association.
- Recruiter, full-time Recruiter, Ethos Veterinary Health, Talent Acquisition, strong emphasis
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 20:57:28 +0000 2018
- We can no longer continue to tolerate companies such as The Company of Animals selling dog training devices that function via fear.
- We have tolerated Pet Corrector Spray being used to scare and coerce animals for too long.
- By signing this petition we as dog owners and pet-industry professionals are demanding that the Pet Corrector is removed from sale.
- We will boycott The Company of Animals until this action is taken.
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 22:31:06 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-05T04:03:00+00:00
Author: Aadil Ennia
- Recruiter: I see you’ve been a banking teller for several years.
- Applicant: I’d like to consider moving towards investment banking.
- The bank offers a few night courses but I don’t see this as ideal.
- Recruiter: I would advise you to take what the bank has to offer in the way of career development.
- Try the advisory position for a few months.
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 18:12:10 +0000 2018
Author: Jeanette Maister
- We’ll outline some pros and cons of each instance of AI, delving into how these technologies can both hurt and help talent acquisition professionals: – – Intelligent automation is a form of AI that collects data and analyzes it to yield new insights and make better decisions.
- In the recruiting sphere, intelligent automation is often used to digest applicant information and present talent acquisition pros with the most relevant details so they can make better decisions more efficiently.
- AI-enabled recruiting assistants automate communication with candidates, lowering the administrative time needed to interact with potential hires.
- Certain AI tools can use video interviews to capture the less tangible human qualities – body language, word choice, voice inflection, etc. – that sometimes predict candidate fit.
- Automating mundane talent acquisition processes and eliminating repetitive recruiting tasks is possible with the help of advanced technologies.
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 02:11:00 +0000 2018
Author: Jason Mcdowell
- Forty-seven percent of working Americans (and 59 percent of millennials) feel it’s important that their family and friends recognize the name of their company, according to The Modern Job Seeker, a new report from iCIMS.
- “If an employee is satisfied enough with their employer to recommend a friend or family member to work there, they are making a statement that shows not only do they value their job, but that they also believe their referral will likely feel the same,” says Susan Vitale, chief marketing…
- With 94 percent of working Americans visiting a company’s social media pages when searching for a job, it’s likely that many candidates will be scoping you out on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and elsewhere before they apply.
- “To make sure your company is accurately conveying your messages, make sure that you’re showcasing your company culture, key benefits, and training opportunities on both your career site and your social media pages,” Vitale says.
- “Many job seekers consider [applying via mobile] a must-have feature to any career site,” says Vitale.
Tweeted At: Wed Jan 31 19:32:49 +0000 2018
- Ethos Veterinary Health is seeking a second full-time Recruiter to add to our growing team in Woburn, Massachusetts.
- The Recruiter will be responsible for non-exempt recruiting for our 7 locations across New England.
- The Recruiter will be responsible for non-exempt hiring at all 7 of our hospitals.
- The Recruiter will also work with the Talent Acquisition Manager to implement best practices throughout the recruitment process.
- To be successful in this role, the Recruiter should be comfortable in a highly visible role within in a corporate environment with shifting priorities.
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.