Recruiter News Monday, February 5 PM
Recruiter News TLDR / Table of Contents
- 5 Skills Every Recruiter Must Have
- In today’s competitive market, it is no surprise that new wanna-be recruiters find it challenging to make their mark and have to constantly strive to be the best in their job. So if you aspire to be a rock star recruiter, Needle in the Haystack Finder, Sourcing Ninja, Unicorn Hunter…
- Social Media Agency, talent acquisition specialist, rock star recruiter, Purple Squirrel Finder, Social Media Manager
- How New Technology Is Bringing HR ’Full Circle’
- ‘One could argue the proliferation of too many different employee self-services, best-of-breed technologies, and niche apps have sapped productivity recently.’
- HR, digital employee experiences, HR solution provider, HR professionals, HR technology
- Will a robot recruiter be hiring you for your next job?
- Finding the right candidate for a job is labour intensive and rarely easy, which is why an increasing number of companies are turning to artificial intelligences to streamline the process.
- Guardian Careers, switch, contribution Subscribe, Email preferences, main content
- The Complete In-House Recruiter – Best In-house Recruitment Course
- The Complete In-House Recruiter – Best In-house Recruitment Course
- in-house recruiters, course, In-House recruitment, In-House recruitment process, In-House recruitment models
- How to get a job at Wargaming Helsinki
- Wargaming Helsinki GM Antti Sten tells us about the company, its culture and jobs hiring process.
- Wargaming Helsinki, Wargaming Helsinki GM, Tanks developer Wargaming, Antti Sten, games industry
- Sign the Petition
- Star Wars has long been a story about two things, the Jedi and Luke Skywalker. After over 260 novels where we could follow the adventures of that great hero you, the Walt Disney Company decided to strike all of that from the official canon and wiped out three decades of…
- Walt Disney Company, Luke Skywalker, Star Wars,
- Sign the Petition
- On 27 November an LMD Grab & Skip Hire Ltd lorry skidded and destroyed 132 feet of fence and 12 fence posts of the perimeter of our Sun Valley Kennels. We are Celia Cross Greyhound Trust – a small independent registered charity .
- Skip Hire, LMD Grab, Skip Hire pay, Matt Sutherland, rescue kennels
- server error,
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 13:12:02 +0000 2018
- Similarly spending a few extra minutes to build rapport with the hiring manager not only to understand the job requirement, but also know the dynamics of the team, soft skills required for the position etc. can go a long way in hiring the right talent for the job.
- With a Master’s degree in Human Resources and over 10+ years of experience in HR and recruiting/staffing, she is adept at social media recruiting , career coaching for professionals and building effective job search strategies for career seekers.
- Ash is working as a senior Global Talent Acquisition Specialist at Verizon Labs and also provides 1-on-1 Career Coaching to new college grads and mid-level executives during weekends and after business hours and specializes in resume writing, interview training, building effective LinkedIn presence, dress for success training.
- Social Hire – the Social Media Agency for recruiters and small businesses.
- With outstanding Social Media Agency reviews on Google and exceptional client retention rates, the team at Social Hire really do know what works (and just as importantly, what doesn’t work).
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 08:20:18 +0000 2018
Author: Jason Mcdowell
- While many believe advances in business technologies and internet applications were behind the more typical productivity growth rates we saw in the 1990s and early 2000s, one could argue it is the proliferation of too many different employee self-services, best of breed technologies, niche apps, new areas of innovations, and information…
- As a result, human resources information technology (HRIT) is increasingly focusing on designing simplified digital employee experiences that meet workers’ individual needs and preferences to find information, complete transactions, and connect the dots between different systems and sources of data so they can get back to the work that is…
- Robotic process automation, natural language processing, machine learning, and predictive analytics will enable more compelling and modern digital employee experiences, as well as make HR staff more productive and impactful on business strategy and outcomes, too.
- How will these new technologies drive change in the way HR professionals work?
- In fact, recent Bersin research showed that those companies that have broader data fluency amongst all HR professionals tend to outperform other firms in business and talent outcomes.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 08:34:04 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-02T09:46:58+00:00
Author: Seb Murray
- “The benefits are huge,” says Eyal Grayevsky, CEO of Mya Systems, which has created an AI recruiter called Mya.
- Job candidates, meanwhile, benefit by receiving a guaranteed response from Mya.
- Frida Polli, CEO of Pymetrics, which uses AI to pair people with suitable jobs, says robo-recruiters can also help employers become more diverse by removing some of the unconscious bias in the hiring process.
- • The AI interviewer – – When a candidate applies for a job online, Mya introduces herself and initiates a dynamic, written conversation – similar to a text message format.
- • The next stage – – If the candidate is a match, Mya will schedule an interview with a human hiring manager.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 14:00:13 +0000 2018
- Just 1 hour per day at your desk – for 28 days – online, tutor guided course with daily interaction and support.
- The tutor will guide you through the course ensuring each Unit is finished on time and actions are complete.
- Just 1 hour per day at your desk – for 28 days – online, tutor guided course with daily interaction and support.The ultimate course to train new or existing In-House recruiters.
- The course covers every step of the In-House recruitment process as well as equipping In-House recruiters with tools and techniques to fast-track performance, personally develop and work effectively with the business.You receive 28 Units of bite sized learning, and valuable insights into the In-House recruitment models.By the end of this…
- On completion learners earn BIoR Membership and the professional letters ‘Assoc BIoR (CPD)’ after their name.About the course tutor – Anne Carrigan
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 14:14:04 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-05T14:00:00+00:00
Author: Craig Chapple
- Wargaming Helsinki is a relatively new name for a studio that has in fact been around for almost six years.
- Formerly known as Boomlagoon, the developer was acquired by World of Tanks developer Wargaming in December 2016 as the publisher seeks to supercharge its mobile games strategy.
- The studio has previously worked on titles such as Super Soldiers and Monsu, and the 20-person team is now at work on more free-to-play mobile titles, details of which are currently under wraps.
- To get a glimpse into the studio culture, based in the heart of one of the leading global games industry development hubs in the world, PocketGamer.biz caught up with Wargaming Helsinki GM Antti Sten to find out what the company is up to and how job-seekers can impress potential employers….
- The Wargaming Helsinki team hang out near the studio – – For a team to keep up with the pace and be successful, we are always on the lookout for skilled and enthusiastic people.
Tweeted At: Sat Feb 03 20:06:16 +0000 2018
- Star Wars has long been a story about two things, the Jedi and Luke Skywalker.
- We were excited to see Episode VII to see how our heroes lives turned out since you took away what we knew.
- We saw the death of Han Solo, we saw less than a minute of Luke Skywalker.
- It completely destroyed the legacy of Luke Skywalker and the Jedi.
- Remove it from canon, push back Episode IX and re-make Episode VIII properly to redeem Luke Skywalker’s legacy, integrity, and character.
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 04 21:18:49 +0000 2018
- On 27 November an LMD Grab & Skip Hire Ltd lorry skidded and destroyed 132 feet of fence and 12 fence posts of the perimeter of our Sun Valley Kennels.
- Not only did they failed to report the damage, once identified and contacted they – – They owe us £1277 – which is equivalent to a month’s food bill for the kennels whilst only representing less than 1% of the value of LMD Grab & Skip Hire’s assets – according…
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 04 22:36:30 +0000 2018
Top Recruiting Courses
Recruitment Interviewing (603 students enrolled)By Bob Bannister
- Identify the best applicants for the role.
- Interview applicants effectively.
- Avoid legal infringements.
- Confidently select the best candidate for Job offer.
Recruitment for startups: How to avoid common pitfalls (89 students enrolled)By Michelle Gyimah
- Really understand who they want to hire by examining why they are hiring
- Get to grips with different employment status which will help them avoid expensive tribunals claims
- Understand the true cost of recruiting new staff - it's not just about wages!
- Sound and look professional when interviewing job candidates
- Stay away from inappropriate questions that land them in tribunal
- Use a system that helsp them pick the best person for the job - based on facts
- Understand how to do reference checks when someone cannot provide a reference
- Save themselves up to £2,000 per employee by doing simple employee checks
Recruiter Training - Hire Top Employees in 30 days (47 students enrolled)By Craig Brown
- Become a hiring hero at your company by finding the right person in record time.
- Free up your recruiting schedule so you can focus on other important areas of your job.
- Free $99 book version of this course!
- Learn about the 'Heavy Door' theory of job applications.
- Evaluate candidates using the 'Cross-Platform Verification' technique.
- Effectively headhunt candidates using Boolean search strings.
- Use the advertising industry's 'Rule of Three' when contacting candidates.
- Create a Talent Pipeline that encourages great candidates to become part of your candidate pool.
- Properly define the role and get buy-in from colleagues 'before' beginning the search.
- Define the hiring process 'before' recruiting begins, and learn why this is important.
- Write an accurate, engaging and precise marketing document (aka Job Description), complete with Call-to-Action.
- Decide where and how to advertise job positions within your budget.
- Evaluate online profiles and resumes for the 'paper test'.
- Effectively screen and assess candidates in the early stages.
- Decide what format final round interviews should take.
- Create a job offer, negotiate salary and check references accurately.