Keto, lowcarb, lchf, ketodiet & much more…
Keto News Friday, June 22
- r/keto – 55 lbs down, my middle section is so much leaner!
- The Ketogenic Diet for Alzheimer’s Disease
keto, lchf, ketodiet, ketoexpert, ketosis, ketodietapp
- r/keto – 2 months and officially 20lbs down!! belly bloat be gone! (pics)
- The Best Diet for PCOS: Splitting Fact From Fiction
- Low-Carb Butternut Squash Lasagna
keto, lchf, ketodiet, ketodietapp
- 6 Ways To Survive A Keto Summer
- Keto Krate December Review & Unboxing – cooking and recipes blogs
recipes, food, cooking, delicious, cook, recipe
- 6 Keto Recipes To Help You Survive Summer
- Diabetes defeated by diet: How new fresh-food prescriptions are beating pricey drugs
- How the ketogenic diet with no exercise outperforms the standard American diet with exercise
- The Ketogenic Diet is a low carb, high fat method of eating.
- And /r/keto is place to share thoughts, ideas, benefits, and experiences around eating within a Ketogenic Diet.
@lowcarb: 55 lbs down, my middle section is so much leaner! via /r/keto https://t.co/QqMdAEJQ5M #keto #lowcarb
- When glucose utilization is impaired in neurodegenerative diseases, transport of KBs [ketone bodies] into the brain appears to be less affected and their utilization for energy by the brain mitochondria is not impeded by such factors as local insulin resistance that, by interfering with the neuronal fuel supply, may contribute…
- It may be that such a large portion of the brain’s energy needs can only be met by ketones when ketone levels are relatively highhigher, perhaps, than most people would be able to achieve through a ketogenic diet alone.
- It would be difficult for an older individual to achieve a ketone level of 6 mM with a ketogenic diet alone, but a KD in conjunction with exogenous ketones or additional MCT oil could provide the brain with a substantial fuel supply.
- Many such studies have employed exogenous ketones, but some have used medium-chain triglyceride (MCT) oil or a ketogenic diet, and there’s evidence that all three approaches can be effective.
- Mr. Newport was an ApoE4 carrier, and he experienced rapid and dramatic improvements in several aspects of cognitive function and performance of tasks for everyday living after being treated first with coconut oil and later with a ketone ester (9).
@ketodietapp: The Ketogenic Diet for Alzheimer’s Diseasehttps://t.co/MsuDslT7M5 #keto #lchf #ketodiet #ketoexpert #ketosis #ketodietapp
@lowcarb: 2 months and officially 20lbs down!! belly bloat be gone! (pics) via /r/keto https://t.co/jGZz0a1C9q #keto #lowcarb
- Most will experience one or more of the following symptoms: – – The most effective eating pattern for PCOS is one that promotes weight loss and reduces levels of the hormone insulin (3, 4).
- In a small study of 5 women with PCOS, a ketogenic diet reduced body weight by an average of 12% after 24 weeks.
- There was also significant improvements in PCOS hormones, and a 54% reduction in fasting insulin levels (12).
- One study has also shown that a diet pill called helped women with PCOS lose weight over a 24 week period (14).
- If low-fat dairy is indeed bad for PCOS, and full fat dairy is not, its likely because low-fat dairy and other diet products have significantly more sugar (18).
@KetoConnect: Is #Keto the Best Diet for PCOS? What is your experience? Let us know! https://t.co/o96R8Okd2h https://t.co/EzETN3kjCl
@ketodietapp: Low-Carb Butternut Squash Lasagnahttps://t.co/2DKrhAgPLg #keto #lchf #ketodiet #ketodietapp
@HuffPostIndia: 6 keto recipes to help you survive summer https://t.co/vwhbPoWZzd https://t.co/dL1EdKbWaW
- It can be dressed up with whipped cream and berries, slathered with butter and pla … – – – – – – – – Today we bring you an original recipe for eating fresh asparagus but accompanied by a delicious fruit-based vinaigrette, take note!Ingredients for 2 s … Today we…
- … – – – – – – Pasta has so much going for it: it?s inexpensive, it?s easy to cook, and it?s a blank canvas for the continuous parade of fresh veggies that appear fr … Pasta has so much going for it: it?s inexpensive, it?s easy to cook, and…
- Pressure cook the savory chicken filling, then spoon it in … – – – – – – – – Today we bring you this super light snack perfect for summer, and if you like tartares as much as we do, we guarantee that you will not be able to res…
- The blend of wine, broth, lemon, and liqueur make this a stunning chicken … – – – – – – Shop the Tasty kitchenware collection here: Check us out on Facebook!
- – Shop the Tasty kitchenware collection here: … – – – – – – One of my favorite things to do when I?m entertaining people in the summer months is to serve something very casual and familiar?but then add an unexp … One of my favorite things to do when…
@Recipe_Health: Please RT #recipes #food #cooking #delicious #cook #recipe Keto Krate December Review & Unboxing https://t.co/4ECickcDv8
@HuffPost: You can have a root beer float on keto?!? https://t.co/eFT8PsA4nI
@KISS4Keto: #Diabetes defeated by #diet: How new fresh-food prescriptions are beating pricey drugs https://t.co/volgPTH8z5… https://t.co/PjHhP6fb73
- Which is why researchers need to better understand ratios, such as an upcoming study’Induced and Controlled Dietary Ketosis as a Regulator of Obesity and Metabolic Syndrome Pathologies’to be pushed in the journal, Diabetes Metabolic Syndrome: Clinical Research Reviews.
- Taking advantage of our evolving knowledge of carbohydrate restriction, the research team, led by Madeline Gibas, an assistant professor at Bethel University focused on Human Bioenergetics and Applied Health Science, wanted to know if a ketogenic diet with no exercise was more beneficial to diabetics and sufferers of metabolic syndrome…
- Gibas and her research partner, Kelly J. Gibas, Doctor of Clinical Behavior Sciences at Bristlecone Behavior Health in Maple Grove, Minnesota, focused on five biomarkers of metabolic syndrome, including elevated triglycerides with excess muscle fat accumulation (IMTG), impaired maximal aerobic capacity (VO2), declined resting metabolic rate (RMR) and elevated body…
- After ten weeks the data were clear: – – – The results show that while ample evidence indicates that exercise is beneficial, unlike a sustained ketogenic diet it did not have the ability to significantly alter the metabolic imbalance that accompanies metabolic syndrome over the course of the ten-week study….
- Following a ketogenic diet, even with no exercise, proved statistically significant for weight, body fat percentage, BMI, A1C (glycated hemoglobin), and ketones.
@bigthink: How the Keto diet—even without exercise—slays the opposition https://t.co/MMBZ3qLdkj https://t.co/mawUJ9qPsF