Software Engineer III- IOS at Moneygram in Aubrey, TX
Software Engineer III- IOS
The Software Engineer III serves as a technical consultant and at times as a lead to provide and support software applications that meet or exceed business needs. The Software Engineer III must be capable of working on computer programs that are complex in nature; is familiar with a variety of the fields concepts, practices, and procedures; and performs a variety of complex applications development related tasks with little guidance from others. The Software Engineer III may at times direct the work of others and is expected to proactively contribute and offer recommendations.
- Actively contributes to the development of solutions and ideas that add value.
- Engages with system users and business analysts to identify system enhancements and/or new applications to meet business needs.
- Develops elegant and simple solutions.
- Creates quality design documents to illustrate how the system works.
- Writes clear and detailed technical specifications for development of the application.
- Produces products on schedule.
- Produces elegant and efficient designs, high performance and scalable code that will allow for easy extension to future needs.
- Produces codes of high quality and reliability - strong quality code metrics.
- Effectively performs code walk-throughs.
- In conjunction with Quality Services, proactively performs extensive system testing to ensure that the systems work efficiently and are developed following the applicable development methodology.
- Unit tests to ensure accuracy.
- Tracks record of identifying largest risk areas and driving resolution of these issues.
- May lead the design, development and implementation of applications.
- May be responsible for providing accurate and timely input to Project Manager or lead regarding status of project-related technical tasks.
- Able to effectively estimate tasks, cost and duration of activities needed to develop solutions.
- Serves as a contact person in support of production problems. This may include providing evening and weekend on-call support as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Any combination of relevant education and experience and/or related professional designations/certifications in this field is highly desirable.
- Minimum Required: Bachelor of Science in computer science or a related technical field, or equivalent combination of post-secondary education and work experience
- 4-6 years of increasingly responsible systems development experience on multiple platforms.
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in the development environment commensurate with the assigned area of responsibility.
Proficiency with Swift for iOS development.
- Deep knowledge, understanding and experience using iOS SDK.
- Experience implementing MVVM design pattern.
- Creating configuration, build, and test scripts for Continuous
- Experience working with Git
- Demonstrated ability to gather requirements, design and develop systems.
- Ability to track record of designing and developing high quality, scalable and efficient solutions and products on schedule.
- Team player and individual contributor.
- Possess leadership qualities.
- Some project management skills.
- Ability to accurately identify root cause of technical problems.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Ability to adapt to change.
- Strong negotiation and/or influential skills.
More ICYMI Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.