Rubber Technical Engineer at Emerson Electric in Florham Park, NJ
Emerson ElectricFlorham Park, NJ
Rubber Technical Engineer
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure. Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers. Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Fluid & Motion Control, a business unit of Emerson and the worldwide leader in the design and manufacturing of fluid control valves & solutions has an opportunity for a Rubber Technical Commodity Manager in our Florham Park, NJ office.
AS A RUBBER TECHNICAL COMMODITY MANAGER, YOU WILL:
- Develop Compounds to meet a Variety of Environmental Factors, Drive Standardization, and Mitigate Risk
- Develop and Own the Strategy and Supplier Relationships for Select Commodities, Aimed at Effectively Balancing Cost, Risk, Quality, Lead Time, and Other Metrics
- Drive Savings and Cost Avoidance on Material and Tooling Purchases through Emerson Leverage, Negotiation, and Online Bidding for Fluid & Motion Control
- Ensure Implementation of Online Bidding Events and Support Supplier Transitions
- Improve Trade Working Capital through Negotiation of Payment Terms and Supplier Lead Times, and through Minimization of Inventory
- Negotiate and Manage Contract Implementation with our Suppliers and Vendors
- Establish consistent Purchasing Policies, Procedures and Infrastructure
- Perform Laboratory Analysis, Specifically but not Limited to Rubber Compounds
- Engage with Second
- Tier Suppliers on Compound Development to Support Rubber Molding Suppliers
WHO YOU ARE:
You experiment with a wide range of existing technologies while applying new and emerging options that can enhance organizational outcomes. You analyze multiple and diverse sources of information to define problems accurately before moving to solutions. You create competitive and breakthrough strategies that show a clear connection between vision and action. You remain energized and effective when faced with ambiguity and uncertainty. You think globally and excel at viewing issues on a worldwide basis. Most importantly, you show a tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations and are exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 10 years of relevant rubber experience
- BS or Advanced Degree in Materials or Chemical Engineering
- Excellent analytical and communication skills, including written, verbal and presentation ability
- Deep knowledge of rubber and plastic resin commodities
- Negotiation experience
- Ability to understand engineering drawings and other technical documentation
- Ability and willingness to travel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, Power.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- 10 years of relevant rubber experience, preferably in a manufacturing industry
Our Commitment to Our People
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills and competencies to compete and lead in a global economy. Our training programs focus on end-to-end development from onboarding through senior leadership.
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, and more. We provide employees flexible time off plans including paid parental leave (maternal and paternal), vacation and holiday leave.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities and the world in which we live. Learn more about us!.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives. We believe a diverse and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers. This philosophy is fundamental to living our company?s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place.
Diversity and Inclusion at Emerson is about welcoming, respecting, and valuing the differences each employee possesses. Inclusion is creating a real sense of engagement, belonging and connection for all employees. Learn more about our.
Culture & Values and about Diversity & Inclusion at Emerson.
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to ...@emerson.com.
More ICYMI Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.