Project - Transmission Inspector at PSEG in Harrison, NJ
Project - Transmission Inspector
Requisition ID: 64404 Job Function/Category: Operations Employment Type: Non
- Exempt Full Time This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey.
PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
Job SummaryThis is a "Project" position designed to support project work for a limited duration. While the exact duration of the project is yet to be determined, we currently anticipate a period of 3-5 years based on business needs at the present time following which you will separate from the Company. It is important for you to understand that this period may be shortened based on business needs in the future at which point you will separate from the Company. It is also important for you to understand that this employment is of a limited duration and that you will not be entitled to separation benefits under any PSEG plan at the time you separate from the Company. Director Level approval and waiver will be required for you to bid on other PSEG opportunities within the first 3 years of assignment. From year 4 through the end of your assignment, Director level approval and waiver will not be required. If your assignment ends prior to the anticipated timeframe based on business needs, you will be allowed to bid on other PSEG opportunities without Director level approval from the time you are notified your assignment will be ending through the end date of the assignment.
Job ResponsibilitiesThis position is responsible for conducting all activities required for the inspection, operation and maintenance of the Company's Gas Transmission mains to ensure pipeline integrity. Responsible for the on-site monitoring of all third-party construction in the vicinity of the transmission mains, including mark-out, right of way maintenance and excavation supervision. Responsible for coordinating and performing all required corrosion control surveys and inspections, valve inspections and leak surveys, including the preparation and maintenance of all required records of transmission line activities. Prepare work orders, supervise District and/or contractor personnel performing maintenance or inspections on the transmission lines. Meet with State BPU personnel in field inspections of Company transmission lines. Actively interact with landowners, developers and contractors to ensure that site activities do not damage or impair the pipeline integrity. Although this position has statewide responsibilities, it will currently function primarily in the Northern part of the State with a base in Harrison Gas District. Candidate must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidate must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices. As an employee of PSE&G, you should be aware that during storm/outage restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions different from normal operations and your regular work schedule. You may also be required to work in an alternate location. Job Specific
RequirementsHigh School Diploma
- 5 years' experience in construction underground utilities ; Excavation experience
- Experience in reading blueprints
- This position requires the ability to use knowledge and skills to make independent and sound decisions to adapt to changing conditions in the field.
- Knowledge in the practical application of corrosion control and construction techniques. Mathematical and analytical skills.
- Written and oral communication skills for effective interaction, both internal and external to the Company.
- This is a safety sensitive position; DOT testing required.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's license. Desired
Qualifications- NACE certification
- Two or more year's practical experience in the application of corrosion control.
- Substantial experience in the construction, maintenance and inspection of gas facilities. Experience doing mark outs.
- Cathodic protection experience Disclaimer Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer. As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations. This site ( http://www.pseg.com ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees.
PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers. Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process. Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer. Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals. Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845 . Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision. Nearest Major Market: New York City Nearest Secondary Market: Newark Job Segment: Inspection, Compliance, Pipeline, Transmission Line, Recruiting, Engineering, Legal, Energy, Human Resources
More ICYMI Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.