Manager at PwC in New York, NY
You will be redirected to PwC's preferred application process.
Pharma & Life Sciences R&D Manager
Industry/Sector: Pharma and Life Sciences
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: No
RequirementsUp to 100%
A career in our Innovation and Development practice, within Data and Analytics Technology services, will provide you with the opportunity to help organisations uncover enterprise insights and drive business results using smarter data analytics. We focus on a collection of organisational technology capabilities, including business intelligence, data management, and data assurance that help our clients drive innovation, growth, and change within their organisations in order to keep up with the changing nature of customers and technology. You ll make impactful decisions by mixing mind and machine to leverage data, understand and navigate risk, and help our clients gain a competitive edge. Our team helps organisations define paths to more profitable growth, from core product development to radical business innovation. As part of the team, you ll help our clients develop new innovative businesses, products and services as well as build lasting internal capabilities, ranging from Innovation Incubators to global research and development centres to product lifecycle systems, that enable sustained, consistent results.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Develop new skills outside of comfort zone.
- Act to resolve issues which prevent the team working effectively.
- Coach others, recognise their strengths, and encourage them to take ownership of their personal development.
- Analyse complex ideas or proposals and build a range of meaningful recommendations.
- Use multiple sources of information including broader stakeholder views to develop solutions and recommendations.
- Address sub-standard work or work that does not meet firm's/client's expectations.
- Use data and insights to inform conclusions and support decision-making.
- Develop a point of view on key global trends, and how they impact clients.
- Manage a variety of viewpoints to build consensus and create positive outcomes for all parties.
- Simplify complex messages, highlighting and summarising key points.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Master of Business Administration
Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive knowledge involving Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences R&D, preferably obtained through one or more of the following:
- Academic scientific research;
- Direct work within the industry (e.g. pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, biotechnology, generics, medical device, instrumentation, and diagnostic companies);
- Contract service organizations to the industry (e.g.
- Regulatory health authorities / agencies overseeing the industry (e.g.
- Non-profit organizations supporting life sciences scientific advancement;
- Government agencies supporting life sciences scientific advancement (e.g.
- Analyst / research / benchmarking companies covering the industry (e.g.
- Consulting companies delivering to the industry; and,
- Organizations representing the industry (e.g. PhRMA).
Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive abilities in one or more of the following areas:
- R&D Strategy: R&D Strategic Planning;
- R&D Strategic Decision Making;
- R&D Finance Strategy;
- R&D Performance Management;
- R&D M&A / Deals / Transactions R&D Planning;
- Management, and Operations: R&D Operations Strategy;
- R&D Operations Planning;
- R&D Operations Management;
- R&D Operations Transformation;
- R&D Innovation, Product Development, Product Lifecycle Management;
- R&D Finance Operations;
- R&D Procurement;
- R &D Sourcing R&D Organization / People: R&D Organizational Design;
- R&D Talent Management;
- R&D Workforce Planning;
- R&D Talent Performance Managment;
- R&D Training and Change Management R&D Process: Process Mapping, Process Design, Process Optimization and Redesign;
- R&D Analytics: Enterprise R&D Information Management;
- Enterprise R&D Reporting;
- Enterprise R&D Analytics;
- Enterprise R&D Information;
- Visualization R&D Technology: R&D
- R&D Technology Design;
- R&D Technology User Acceptance Testing;
- R&D Technology Implementation;
- R&D Risk / Compliance: R&D Internal Audit;
- R&D Risk Assessment; and,
- R&D Risk Management and Control.
Demonstrates proven success in roles and extensive abilities to lead client-facing consulting teams, including the following areas:
- Communicating with external clients and internal staff in an organized and knowledgeable manner;
- Leveraging project management and project facilitation skills, especially with leading and facilitating teams and developing client proposals;
- Managing multiple, complex projects with medium to large staff teams;
- Identifying and addressing client needs: building, maintaining, and utilizing networks of client relationships and community involvement;
- Communicating value propositions;
- Managing resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, billing and collections; and preparing and/or coordinating complex written and verbal materials;
- Creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members; and,
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues.
Additional application instructions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
You will be redirected to PwC's preferred application process.