Instructor at Bronson Healthcare Group in Kalamazoo, MI
You will be redirected to Bronson Healthcare Group's preferred application process.
Staff Development Instructor - OR
Staff Development Instructor
The Staff Development Instructor serves as a learning facilitator, change agent, mentor, leader, champion for scientific inquiry, advocate for the professional development specialty and partner for practice transitions. Works collaboratively with all members of the healthcare team. Delivers education in an effective and efficient manner. Provides clinical orientation and continuing education to assigned department(s). Assures standardization and best practice in education. Identified positions also act as a liaison to local schools to provide clinical placement for educational purposes.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to demonstrate the competencies necessary to provide services appropriate to the age of the population served.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE The minimum level of educational attainment and/or length and character of experience needed to perform the job effectively. Minimum educational requirement based upon clinical area of specialty: Nursing:
BSN or BS with major in nursing required; MSN or MS with major in nursing preferred. Respiratory Care: Associate of Applied Science in the field of Respiratory Care Practitioner and Bachelor's degree. Five years of clinical experience with a focus in areas of specialty desired. Experience in teaching and certification highly desired.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS Licenses, registrations, and certifications required at time of hire or within a stated period from date of hire by the state and/or agencies responsible for reviewing and approving all or part of the BHG's operation. Preferences are also included and indicated as such. Licensed in area of specialty in good standing with the State of Michigan. Must have a valid driver's license for those roles requiring system coverage.
BLS required within orientation period; BLS Instructor status required within one year of hire. Advanced life support Instructor status determined by department needs.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES Any special skill or abilities that may not be clear by the educational requirements or need further explanation, e.g. typing, word processing, personal computers, etc. Must be able to operate and perform basic computer programs associated with documentation and record keeping in the department.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in a clean, well lighted & temperature controlled environment. The employee may occasionally be exposed to infectious disease from blood/air borne pathogens. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
REQUIREMENTSMust demonstrate excellent human relation skills, including verbal and written communication, problem solving, and assertiveness.
Must have a customer service orientation.
Must demonstrate leadership and organization skills including the ability to work independently and take initiative.
Must demonstrate a positive attitude.
Must be able to work in and cope with the changing environment.
Must demonstrate flexibility.
Must demonstrate team-building skillsESSENTIAL
DUTIESAND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Learning Facilitator:
- Use the educational design process to bridge the knowledge, skills, and/or practice gaps identified through a needs assessment. Change Agent:
- Actively work to transform processes at micro, meso, and macrosystem levels through the inspiration, initiation, adaptation and sustainment of and adaptation to change using project management and improvement processes. Mentor:
- Advance the profession by contributing to the professional development of others and supporting life-long learning as individuals develop across practice, professional and educational settings. Leader:
- Influence the interprofessional practice and learning environments, the NPD specialty, the profession of nursing, and healthcare. Champion for Scientific Inquiry:
- Promote the generation and dissemination of new knowledge and the use of evidence to adhere to advance NPD practice, guide clinical practice and improve patient care. Advocate for NPD Specialty:
- Actively support, promote, and demonstrate nursing professional development as a nursing practice specialty. Partner for Practice Transitions:
- Support the transition of nurses and other healthcare team members across learning and practice environments, roles, and professional stages. Life Support: Serves an expert resource on ECC issues and protocols to the Training Center Coordinator, Instructor's and clinical staff.
Conducts Instructor courses for Training Center while adhering to the AHA guidelines.
Monitors Course Directors and Training Center Faculty and completes required documentation.
Responsible for the scheduling of all Instructors in all the Life Support programs and activities.
Must become an assist as an Instructor for all Life Support programs (ACLS, BLS, PALS, NRP, TNCC, ENPC, and RQI).Oversees improvements of all Life Support Programs and deployment of new equipment.
Assures regulatory compliance of all Life Support programs and ensures that standards are updated appropriately and that polices are met.
QUALIFYING STATEMENT The above duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated it. To fully perform this job successfully, an individual must meet the minimum qualifications, meet the accompanying physical demands, and be able to work in the described environment. However, reasonable accommodations will be made to hire and/or retain individuals who are qualified under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The following are the primary performance categories and competencies, which are used to evaluate each employee in this job. The specific measurements and records of performance are kept within each department/unit. Be Respectful
- Seeks first to understand
- Recognizes, appreciates and includes all people
- Treats people with courtesy and kindness
- Assumes good intentions
- Maintains a safe, clean and quiet environment
- Works collaboratively with co-workers and departments/units/system locations while developing positive working relationships throughout the organization and system
- Accepts responsibility for maintaining standards of excellenceBe Accountable
- Supports the team
- Does what they agree to do
- Gives and receives feedback
- Communicates clearly
- Protects privacy and confidentiality
- Uses resources wisely
- Provides support to carry out organizational goals
- Manages the paperwork, including education or lesson plans, attendance documents, and orientee files accurately and on time
- Takes accountability for own actions/decisions, and supports constructive solutions
- Demonstrates expertise at needs assessment, design and implementation of learning processes, including clinical content and teamwork processes
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting needs of the department, coworkers and units and able to consider new ideas and ways of doing things to meet those needsBe Well
- Takes care of self
- Brings joy and passion into the workplace
- Learns, grows and gives back
- Shows interests and empathy to all
- Recognizes and celebrates success
- Adheres to and promotes the standards of professional development specialist to include: Assessment, Identification of Issues and Trends, Outcomes Identification, Planning, Implementation and Evaluation
- Demonstrates professional development (i.e. membership/involvement in a professional organization, certification achievement, formal education, NPAL advancement, etc.)
- Develops educational offerings/programs based on WNA/ANCC standards for continuing education
- Decisions promote a safe environment and utilize resources wisely (financial, materials, time, human)Be a Problem Solver
- Participates in team huddles
- Speaks Up
- Identifies and embraces problems
- Thinks creatively
- Develops and follows standard work
- Pays attention to detail
- Contributes innovative ideas to quality improvement/problem solving efforts and bases strategies on best available evidence
- Demonstrates flexibility in meeting needs of the department, coworkers and units and able to consider new ideas and ways of doing things to meet those needs
- Seeks resolution of personnel conflicts with positive outcomes & seeks peer input in problem solving process.
Time TypeFull time.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
You will be redirected to Bronson Healthcare Group's preferred application process.