Engineer at Goodman Manufacturing in Waller, TX
You will be redirected to Goodman Manufacturing's preferred application process.
Technician, Engineering 2
Production Engineer Technician
Goodman is seeking a professional, skilled individual for our Production Engineer Technician to support soft tool and hard tool presses in our fabrication departments. Establish continuous improvement goals and develop/execute action plans for the company's HVAC production equipment. If you meet the qualifications listed below, then we invite you to apply for our open position and submit your resume at http://careers.daikincomfort.com and submitting your resume. The Engineering Technician supports the Engineering department and production by creating and maintaining product specifications, bills of material, product change notifications and deviations. Responsible for developing and resolving technical problems in production, engineering, facilities and maintenance as it pertains to operational issues. Assist and support the operation of all equipment and processes within the facility, which includes facilities equipment, production equipment or engineering development / installation / repair of all equipment for production, facilities and maintenance of the plant. The purpose is to ensure equipment and processes are safely and efficiently operating to allow for high quality and on-time delivery of manufactured products. About DTTPDaikin Texas Technology Park- has a footprint of
4. 23 million square feet under a single roof, and is the third largest factory in the United States. Opened in 2017 as the manufacturing, logistics, and engineering center for Daikin's American subsidiary Goodman, the plant makes heating and air conditioning products sold under the Goodman, Amana, and Daikin brands. About Goodman.
Goodman Manufacturing is a leading supplier of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) products for residential and commercial use and is a member of Daikin Industries, Ltd. Goodman's products are predominantly marketed under the Goodman and Amana brand names, and are sold through company-operated and independent distribution networks with more than 1200 distribution points throughout North America. Goodman is ISO 14001:2004 accredited, an international certification that recognizes manufacturing processes and policies that are more environmentally sustainable. Daikin Industries is a Fortune 1000 company with more than 44,000 employees worldwide and is recognized as the number one HVAC manufacturer in the world. The company has manufacturing operations in 18 countries and a sales presence in more than 90 countries and is headquartered in Osaka, Japan. Why work with us?
* Benefits are effective on day one for all full-time direct hires
* Training programs are available to help guide team members and develop new skills
* Growth Opportunities - there is immense opportunities to grow your career
* You will be part of a Global Company - our family brands are backed by Daikin Industries, Ltd.-an organization that brings opportunity to over 60,000 employees worldwide. Companies included are Daikin North America, Daikin Comfort, Goodman, Quietflex, Motili and TMI.
* Support production to resolve equipment, process and technical issues to maintain process in optimal state.
* Provide daily support to assigned area for repairs, installations and regular on-going maintenance / operational excellence.
* Provide diagnostic leadership to the team and floor support to the operations area for production issues.
* Develop methods used in the prevention, control or remediation of equipment issues, and safety hazards.
* Write and maintain engineering specifications, bills of material, product and engineering change notifications, and deviations through coordination with other engineering staff.
* Create or update engineering electronic drawing files and engineering specifications using CAD software.
* Work with Engineers to set up and/or perform tests, build prototypes, collect variable data.
* Prepare samples and coordinate testing with regulatory agencies.
* Provide support as needed or assigned by the Engineering team.
* Gather data and maintain information for issues creating downtime on the assigned process area; creating a priority of actions for irreversible corrective actions.
* Set-up production equipment, changeovers, and improve equipment up-times to model changeovers.
* Document PM plans and execution to plan; maintain effectiveness and critical evaluation of PM Plans.
* Develop solutions to engineering task that are creative and focused to reduce cost and improve the process.
* Document process changes and improvements to more efficiently run the assigned area.
* Maintain equipment documentation up to date and accurate for the area.
* Support development of new processes, equipment and procedures to improve the cycle time, quality and assembly performance.
* Able to design system improvements based on continuous improvements from issues observed; also capable to properly document the changes with CAD/Prints and schematics
* Carries out scheduled maintenance examinations and fixes, cleans and align diverse systems to guarantee appropriate system operations
* Inspect equipment and processes for flaws and identify areas of improvement; and areas for future product enhancements
* Define critical spare parts based on the experiences seen in production vs the existing key spare parts identified (every quarter)
* Support the design, fabrication and maintenance of assembly tooling, fixtures and hardware for production area.
QualificationsNature and Scope:
* Works under general supervision.
* Serves as a resource to others in resolving complex problems and issues.
* Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
* Takes on duties and tasks that have substantial variety and complexity.
Skills* Knowledge of manufacturing engineering theory, processes, and practice
* Mechanical aptitude and experience in assembly, fabrication or maintenance
* Knowledge of mechanics, pneumatic and automated and electrical control systems
* Ability to design/manufacture Fixtures/Jigs/Gages and understand Mechanical Drawing Specs
* Electrical/Electronic Background is a plus(Able to wire electrical components, Sensors, PL
Cs and read Electrical Schematics
* Ability to weld and fabricate parts is preferred
* Ability to read and interpret drawings and work instructions
* Proficiency in CAD (Solid Works, Solid Edge, AutoCAD)
* Working knowledge with MS Excel, Word and Power.
- MS Project is preferred.
* Project management skills
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills including professional relationship skills
* Effective organizational and time management skills including ability to prioritize
* Attention to detail, analytical ability, troubleshooting, and resolution skills
* Strong team player, results orientated, dedication to excellence and sense of urgency to achieve business objectives
* Ability to use good judgement and strong work ethics and integrity on the job.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and ale to work flexible and demanding schedules
* Strong knowledge and discipline to maintain a safe work environment and focused on safety as a critical element in all aspects.
Experience* 5 + years of experience in production support, maintenance or facilities (electrical, mechanical technician or controls focus)
* Experience with stamping press processes.
Education* High School Diploma or GED required
* Prefer vocational training/degree in Mechanical / Electrical engineering or equivalent work experience.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment:
* Must be able to perform essential responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodations.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States. The Company provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of a person's race, color, religion (including religious dress or grooming practices), creed, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship, uniform service member or veteran status, ancestry, disability, physical or mental disability (including HIV/AIDS), medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, request for protected leave, marital status, sex, pregnancy, age (over 40), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company will comply with all federal and state regulations and statutes pertaining to individuals with disabilities. Postal Code77484
You will be redirected to Goodman Manufacturing's preferred application process.