Construction Inspector at Lehigh Technical in New York, NY
Lehigh TechnicalNew York, NY
Construction Inspector - night shift
- Under direct supervision, performs routine duties requiring knowledge of basic engineering principles.
- Limited exercise of judgment is required on details of work.
- Performs specific and limited portions of broader assignments.
- Spends large percentage of time performing estimating take-offs and performing walk-downs for quantity tracking purposes, reporting of installed quantities, performing field inspections to verify adherence to design.
- Monitoring construction contractor activity related to the installation of electrical and communications equipment and fixtures, and A/C power and communication components in transit stations.
- Monitor adherence to approved plans and specification.
- Make a thorough record of the work observed by completing and submitting a Daily Construction Report in accordance with client procedures.
- Interface with the construction work force, primarily with foremen and field supers. When necessary, point out conditions that may lead to unsatisfactory work, maintaining at all times a professional and courteous manner;
- Monitor Contractor compliance with the Contractor's Safety and Health Plan and with specific Safe Work Plans.
- Monitor and ensure Contractor's compliance with the approved Contractor's Quality Plan in coordination with Quality specialists on-site including Contractor's, CCM, and NYCT representatives.
- Identify deficient contractor work, monitor and verify that the Contractor effectively corrects deficient work.
- Monitor and verify the production by the Contractor of a manually marked up 'As
- Built drawing set. Subsequently participate in review of the finalized Record Drawings submitted by the Contractor.
- Observe independent testing and monitor instrumentation readings.
- 1-3 years of experience working on construction projects in construction inspection and daily report writing.
- A Bachelors Degree in Electrical or Communication Engineering or closely related field.
- OSHA 10-hour safety course- preferred
- Experience with NYCT or other local transit agencies a plus.
- Experience with inspection of general construction finishes a plus.
- Contract duration is 2-3 years
- Fulltime Field Night Shift
- Sunday through Thursday: 10:00 PM to 6:00 AM
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
More ICYMI Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.