Associate Radiographer Level 2 at NYC Health + Hospitals in Brooklyn, NY
NYC Health + HospitalsBrooklyn, NY
Associate Radiographer Level 2 (Radiology) (Tour III)
Marketing Statement Kings County Hospital Center has a rich legacy for its pioneering role in medicine. Today, with over 625 beds, our hospital remains on the cutting edge of technology and provides the most modern procedures with state-of-the-art equipment. Built in 1831 as a one room infirmary for publicly supported care of the sick, Kings County Hospital Center continues to be a leading healthcare facility whose mission is to provide care to everyone regardless of their ability to pay. The hospital provides a wide range of health services, and specialties are offered in all fields of modern medicine. More than 200 clinics provide a wide array of ambulatory care services.
Job DescriptionSHIFT III: 4:00 PM - 12:00 AM Under general supervision, coordinates and supervises the activities of staff (Radiographers and PCT). Schedule patient procedure and performs work of routine and some difficulty and responsibility. Will maintain and coordinate the availability of radiographic services with other services, clinics or other facilities and locations under his/her jurisdiction. Reports to the Divisional Supervisor I General Diagnostic Radiology Manager.
DUTIES - Review exam orders, consult with radiologist, schedule patients and arrange for transportation as indicated.
- Ensure that all pertinent patient documents are available to generate final report in RIS, as well as making sure images are in PACS - Prepare all patients (infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatric) for radiological procedures requested by the clinician. Arrange for proper protection of patients, public and staff from infectious diseases/materials.
- Perform all general diagnostic imaging and routine examination in CT and Angiography.
- Assists in performing daily checks of radiographic imaging equipment, immobilization devices and other necessary accessories.
- Enters data and maintains documents and logs as required and mandated by the department QA guidelines and various regulatory agencies.
- Maintains adequate stocks of supplies and materials needed for use in the department.
- Checks equipment for defects prior for use and assures proper use of such equipment through instruction and review.
- Report any unexpected patient incidents in accordance with the occurrence report protocol.
- Maintain and exercise all mandated radiation safety regulations. Maintain basic care of all the imaging equipment. All malfunctions are to be reported to management staff whether mechanical, electrical or suspect and service request documentation completed. Maintain a clean and safe work environment for both patients and staff.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary (by supervisory or administrative staff) in the event of emergencies or disasters.
- Continue professional growth and development of job related skills on an ongoing basis. Participate in continuing education activities.
- Assist radiologist during radiographic procedures as required.
- Ensure all examinations are accessioned, documented and sent to PACS for reading. Monitor PACS and RIS incomplete worklists to ensure all exams are completed.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and related to patients, physicians, staff and public in an appropriate manner.
- In accordance with HIPAA (the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act), staff members will exercise due diligence in ensuring patient privacy and confidentiality.
- Identifies activities that the network has implemented to promote patient safety and takes all necessary precautions to ensure a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff.
- As required by City, State and Federal regulations exposure to ionizing radiation will be kept As Low As Reasonably Achievable (ALARA) Minimum
Qualifications1. Possession of a current valid license as a General Radiological Technologist issued by the State of New York. This license must be presented at the time of investigation to the appointing officer at the time of the appointment interview. Appointees must maintain their license in order to retain the position of Associate Radiographer; and, 2. Two years experience as a Radiographer.
More ICYMI Jobs
Uh oh! Something went wrong. Please try again.