Ai, iot, cloud, tech & much more…
Internet of Things News Thursday, July 26
- Google’s cloud team is building A.I. chips for web-connected devices
- Bringing intelligence to the edge with Cloud IoT
- Building IoT Apps: From Device to Cloud and Back Again – Certified Fresh Events
- Walmart and Microsoft Partner on AI, IoT and Cloud Solutions
AI, IOT, Cloud
tech, infosec, datasec, cybersecurity, cloud, tips, techtip, vpn, tor, wifi, iot
- 2nd Europol-ENISA IoT Security Conference — ENISA
DYK, ENISA, IoTSecurity, IoTSC18
- Event Registration
AI, Azure, IoT, abdsc, BigData, DataScience, MachineLearning, EdgeAnalytics
- Thursday News: Blockchain, IoT, AI, ML, Python, Neural Networks, NLP
Blockchain, IoT, AI, MachineLearning, Python, NeuralNetworks, NLProc, abdsc, BigData, DataScience
- Google is moving beyond developing artificial intelligence chips for its own data centers and is now designing them to work inside products made by other companies.
- After unveiling the Tensor Processing Unit two years ago, Google announced on Wednesday the Edge TPU, which will enable sensors and other gadgets to process data more quickly.
- Since 2015, Google has been using TPUs to accelerate certain workloads in its own data centers, rather than relying on commercially available hardware from vendors like Nvidia.
- The initial version of the TPU could only make those predictions, whereas the second version, in 2017, could also be used to train models an update that made the chips competitive with Nvidia’s graphics cards.
- Now we have Edge TPUs, tiny chips that are specifically meant to do the prediction part of AI, which is less computationally intensive than training models.
@DebraMi01853561: Google’s cloud team is building A.I. chips for web-connected devices https://t.co/jXHnOokeZQ
- Were also working with our IoT ecosystem partners to develop intelligent devices that take advantage of Google Cloud IoT innovations at the edge.
- With Google Cloud AI, Google Cloud IoT Edge, and Edge TPU, combined with our conventional MES systems and years of experience, we believe Smart Factory will become increasingly more intelligent and connected, says Shingyoon Hyun, the CTO of LG CNS.
- We are very excited about our ability to use Cloud IoT Edge and Edge TPU for building ML-enabled parking experiences for our customers, says John Heard, CTO of Smart Parking.
- Cloud IoT Edge and Edge TPU will help us to address use cases such as driving analysis, road condition analysis, and tire wear and tear in real time and in a much more cost efficient and reliable way.
- Cloud IoT Edge and Edge TPU will help address critical use cases such as improving on shelf availability (OSA), optimizing click-and-collect processes, and modernizing the shopping experience.
@StuartDerman: Bringing intelligence to the edge with Cloud IoT https://t.co/S216iDgRhl
- Not just connecting dumb devices to the digital world, but also connecting us in new ways to one another.
- Many consider IoT to be a buzzword, and yet its being leveraged every day to open up new business opportunities and help get people connected in homes, cities, labs, schools and a million other places, around the world.
- And while getting started with IoT apps isnt difficult, the number of concepts and moving pieces can be daunting.
- An IoT solution often consists of hardware, sensors, actuators, firmware, cloud services, web, and mobile apps, to name a few.
- In this workshop, Brandon Satrom from Particle and Burke Holland from Microsoft will lead you through the IoT stack and show you the right way to build apps that sense and control, from device to cloud and back again.
@remotesynth: Hey all – I am super excited to announce that, thanks to @azureadvocates, I can offer 10 scholarships to next month’s IoT training course with @burkeholland & @BrandonSatrom – hardware included! Details here: https://t.co/X6lElhl9qR https://t.co/V82rIfmFY5
@PackStrat: Walmart is pushing more #AI, #IOT and #Cloud solutions with help from Microsoft. https://t.co/fTWJMP1X9D
@EvolveIP: Beat threats to your privacy by taking action with these tips: https://t.co/VTJtLCx2p0#tech #infosec #datasec #cybersecurity #cloud #tips #techtip #vpn #tor #wifi #iot
@Azure: Simplify and accelerate the development of your IoT solutions with #AzureIoT SDKs. Explore the available learning courses: https://t.co/0nYQsH0qgc
@enisa_eu: #DYK? This October, #ENISA & @Europol join forces to organise for the second time a joint conference on #IoTSecurity. More info 👉https://t.co/B21oQAqHe9 #IoTSC18 https://t.co/NYOz7WOoYK
@KirkDBorne: Harnessing the power of #AI with #Azure @databricks on streaming data generated by thousands of #IoT devices: https://t.co/XjA74OyHSj #abdsc #BigData #DataScience #MachineLearning #EdgeAnalytics https://t.co/zUu1jJwa7J
@KirkDBorne: Highlighted resources in #Blockchain, #IoT, #AI, #MachineLearning, #Python, #NeuralNetworks, #NLProc and more at @DataScienceCtrl https://t.co/yPBQ3IOS2z #abdsc #BigData #DataScience https://t.co/UPqXudEZc9