Iot, digitaltransformation, blockchain, connectedcar & much more…
Internet of Things News Sunday, June 17
- How IoT will help drive digital transformation
- How to pick a winning IoT business model – Infographic
- 10 Applications for Blockchain in Connected Car Automotive – Ignite
Blockchain, ConnectedCar, Business
- IoT has been identified as one of the technologies that will have the biggest impact on driving digital initiatives in Australian organisations over the next year.
- Asked to name the two technologies that they expected would have the most impact on driving digital initiatives in their organisation over the next two years, 35 percent included IoT, putting it in third place after cloud (44 percent) and mobile (37 percent).
- Despite IoT being identified as having a significant impact over the next two years, Ovum said these results showed that it is still early days for consideration of IoT, particularly when linking it into an enterprises digital agenda.
- Also, the reports author, Kevin Noonan, chief analyst at Ovum, said the results showed that businesses no longer see concepts like digital transformation and digital disruption as meaningless buzzwords: only three percent of respondents said they believed digital to be just an overused marketing term.
- Digital hype has long passed its use-by date, and it is now time to focus more clearly on the challenges of getting on with the job, he said, adding: The future environment for Australian enterprise will pose some big challenges, requiring a combination of new technologies and processes, as well…
@pratititech: How #IoT will help drive #DigitalTransformation? https://t.co/Jy3Pid02NN https://t.co/BGXIO4w09V
- The potential for IoT is huge but many businesses are still grappling with how it can benefit their organisation and how exactly to get started.
- Canonical recently surveyed over 360 IoT professionals to examine their current and future challenges plus opportunities that exist for organisations looking to become IoT ready.
- This infographic looks at the findings of 3 key areas that businesses need to consider; monetisation, skills and security considerations.
- For more information on these 3 areas and IoT business models, click here to download the full report.
@ubuntu: 68% of businesses are struggling to hire talent for #IoT! https://t.co/LsCkrqNNAu https://t.co/z0TppLiBfB
- The marriage of blockchain and automotive technologies provides exciting solutions to some of the most pressing automotive issues, today especially those facing the connected car industry.
- Blockchain offers the automotive industry a wealth of advantages over other technologies.
- Using Blockchain technology to solve the challenges of connected car data security is not just an option, it is a necessity.
- Although the automotive industry has been slow to realize the value of blockchain technology, you can bet it will ultimately be the de facto means of securing connected car data.
- In the connected car industry, smart contracts can be embedded into manufacturing blockchains to automatically release purchase orders at certain phases of the manufacturing process.
@igniteoffshore: Check Out These 10 Applications for #Blockchain in #ConnectedCar Automotive.https://t.co/umMqQkruqa#Business… https://t.co/DwJpQJsgob