Iot, smartcities, solar, renewables & much more…
Internet of Things News Friday, June 15
- Smart Roads could soon call an ambulance, connect you to the internet
- Internet of Things Includes the Ocean, and it’s Solar Powered
- Smart islands: DataBroker DAO to the rescue – DataBrokerDAO – Medium
- Detailed in a report by the Kansas City Star, the startups smart pavement vision promises to make roadways safer, and generally give roads a little more 21st century pizzazz, by imbuing the road itself with smart technology.
- Integrated Roadways concept involves replacing common asphalt paving with sophisticated, and according to their website upgradeable factory-made concrete slabs that give common roadways the ability to detect vehicles, and know where they are in real time.
- Integrated Roadways also envisions the system to be the backbone of a much-anticipated nationwide 5G network an ultra-fast wireless communication standard of the very near future without the need of additional infrastructure by sending data over an integrated fiber optic mesh.
- In its flashy demo video, Integrated Roadways mentions its roads will be self-funded by allowing third parties to use the data for value added services think interactive billboards or location-based advertising.
- And smart roadways like Integrated Roadways concept are only another example of that.
@quallimited: Smart roads could soon call an ambulance and connect you to the internet #IoT #smartcities https://t.co/9MwEVGYGO3 https://t.co/unVcVcufRO
- LG to Give Tesla’s PowerWall a Run For Its Money ROY, MI.
- –( eSolarEnergyNews )–LG Chem Ltd., a global leader in lithium-ion batteries for automotive, stationary and consumer application… – – MEMPHIS, TN–( eSolarEnergyNews )–IKEA, the worlds leading home furnishings retailer, today announced that solar panel installation is com… – – SINGAPORE & SULZEMOOS, GERMANY Phoenix Solar Pte Ltd has been awarded…
- WELLINGTON, CO –( eSolarEnergyNew s)– PSEG Solar Source, Platte River Power Authority and juwi today joined to dedicate the PSEG Rawhide F..
- Last week Zambia set a new price record for utility-scale solar-generated energy in Africa with the support of the World Bank Groups (WBG) … – – SAN MATEO, CA –(eSolarEnergyNews)– SolarCity has built the world’s most efficient rooftop solar panel, with a module efficiency excee… – – SunPower and Freedom…
@SolarEnergyNews: Internet of Things Includes the Ocean, and it’s #Solar Powered#renewablesRead Here: https://t.co/OfNvzXibvR https://t.co/VrktzauwWN
- Smart islands: DataBroker DAO to years Smart Island World Congress, which was held in Calvi, Mallorca, from 23 to 24 April, brought together experts from all around the world to explore the opportunities that can arise from the unique challenges facing islands in areas such as efficiency, urban planning and…
- During the workshops on this two-day congress, DataBroker DAO made a lasting impact.
- But thanks to a platform like DataBroker DAO, instead of spending a lot of money on the acquisition of sensors, they can have these sensors installed by private companies, and only pay for the data they need.
- Islands are the perfect playing ground for our solution, says Tom De Block, Blockchain Solution Architect at DataBroker DAO.
- That is one of the reasons why we will gladly work together with all interested islands to deploy white labeled front ends of the DataBroker DAO marketplace.
@DataBrokerDAO: Smart islands: #databrokerdao to the rescue! Read the full story on our #blog https://t.co/UcGozbu7TZDon’t miss t… https://t.co/PmqoNL1yfV
Top IOT Courses
Internet of Things (IoT) Automation using Raspberry Pi 2 (1,358 students enrolled)By Venkatesh Varadachari
- Read the raw temperature of the multiple sensors using Linux command.
- Program the sensors to display the updated temperature after a delay of every 10 seconds.
- Receive an automated email alert when the temperature crosses a certain limit.
- Connect the sensors to an open source cloud and access the temperature in a web dashboard from anywhere.
- Retrieve the complete month statistics by visiting the web portal.
Start the Internet of Things (IoT) from scratch (96 students enrolled)By Dr. Kobkiat Saraubon
- Build your own IoT projects using NodeMCU based on Arduino platform
- Write programs to control your hardware
- Connect your IoTs to cloud services to store/process/share some data