IOT News Wednesday, March 28 Data, Smart city, Cyber security & more…
IOT News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Smart cities will be built on data – DataBrokerDAO –
- Smartphones, wearables, cameras, smart energy meters, sensors, … they all generate a continuous stream of data. Data that can be extremely valuable for city and municipal authorities to support their…
- data, smart city, smart energy meters, recent 24-page whitepaper, public transport companies
- Two key capabilities in the advancement of IoT network security and cyber defense
- Two key capabilities in the advancement of IoT network security and cyber defense | Connecting the SMARTS!
- cyber security, BlackRidge Technology, BlackRidge TAC, BlackRidge adaptive trust, cyber security systems
- 7 Artificial Intelligence Trends that will Rule 2018
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) remained the driving force of various industries in 2017. With so many tech giants and startups already delving into the AI ecosystem, it is expected to grow with better…
- Artificial Intelligence, AI, , ,
- Smart cities will be built ondataSmartphones, wearables, cameras, smart energy meters, sensors,… they all generate a continuous stream of data.
- In a smart city, data is integrated across the policy domains and is seen as an essential part of proactive decision-making, a holistic vision and an organizational advantage.
- But the whitepaper also points out that, in order to evolve to a smart city, not only data is required, but a solid data architecture as well.
- This data architecture must meet a number of requirements so that it can be used in a smart city context.
- And these are the same criteria that apply to DataBroker DAO, the first marketplace for selling buying sensor data.
- BlackRidge Technology has two key capabilities in the advancement of network security and cyber defense.
- BlackRidge TAC (Transport Access Control) authenticates a network packet at session establishment and therefore only allows legitimate connections to a protected resource such as a server, datacenter, a resource connected to a virtual machine or cloud services.
- BlackRidge accomplishes this by inserting a cryptographic generated token in the session and the gateway or virtual gateway at the server or service checks for authentication.
- A BlackRidge adaptive trust platform can be easily connected to additional components to provide a dynamic cyber security solution that easily scales.
- By adding these other components to the BlackRidge platform, a fully automated cyber security architecture can be achieved with near real-time response.
- AI Integration with Web and Mobile Apps – Over the next few years every app, application and service will incorporate AI at some level.Gartner (Click to Tweet) – Artificial Intelligence (AI) is anticipated to be on the quiet in most of the web and mobile applications.
- AI will back Medical of the various industries that are disrupted by Artificial Intelligence is Healthcare.
- Making the most of AI applications like cognitive learning, big data management, deep learning, healthcare industry is pulling off a number of diagnosis, treatment, and research processes.
- Big brands like IBM (Watson, Medical Seive), Google (Deepmind Health), Atomwise (Drug discovery with AI) are heavily investing in Artificial Intelligence to put forth the finest healthcare solutions.
- AI has caused disruption in almost every industry and with this massive technology growing steadily, the following year could see some better use cases and innovations.
Top IOT Courses
Internet of Things (IoT) Automation using Raspberry Pi 2 (1,358 students enrolled)By Venkatesh Varadachari
- Read the raw temperature of the multiple sensors using Linux command.
- Program the sensors to display the updated temperature after a delay of every 10 seconds.
- Receive an automated email alert when the temperature crosses a certain limit.
- Connect the sensors to an open source cloud and access the temperature in a web dashboard from anywhere.
- Retrieve the complete month statistics by visiting the web portal.
Start the Internet of Things (IoT) from scratch (96 students enrolled)By Dr. Kobkiat Saraubon
- Build your own IoT projects using NodeMCU based on Arduino platform
- Write programs to control your hardware
- Connect your IoTs to cloud services to store/process/share some data