IOT News Thursday, March 1 Temporary access, Blockchain technology, Regression & more…
IOT News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Porsche and XAIN Testing IoT, AI, Blockchain Technology Solutions for Smart Cars
- Porsche has announced that it will be the the first major carmaker to implement and successfully test blockchain technology in a car.
- temporary access, blockchain technology, Porsche press release, in-car blockchain applications, Porsche Innovation Contest
- What is Regression Analysis?
- Guest blog by Kevin Gray.. Kevin is president of Cannon Gray, a marketing science and analytics consultancy. Regression is arguably the workhorse of statistic…
- regression, Dependent Variable, Logistic Regression, Probit Regression, Multiple Regression
- Blockchain – The Strong Backbone for Businesses
- What is Blockchain Technology? How one blockchain can have Infinite possibilities & opportunities in hand in this red ocean market world.Some backgrou…
- blockchain, financial domain, successful blockchain product, data security centre, global supply chain
- Interpol Tests Global Cops with IoT Simulation
- Interpol Tests Global Cops with IoT Simulation. Some investigators still lack digital skills
- IoT devices, Digital Security Challenge, IoT device, ,
- , The best real-time news sites information.
- Stuart Turton, AI smarts, 2008-Style Financial Crisis, artificial intelligence, deep learning
- We can use blockchain to transfer data more quickly and securely, giving our customers more peace of mind in the future, whether they are charging, parking or need to give a third party, such as a parcel delivery agent, temporary access to the vehicle, said Oliver Dring, Financial Strategist at…
- Besides mentioning smart contracts and machine learning, Porsche did not release information on its blockchain and AI technology stacks.
- However, the company statement reveals that the auto manufacturer is working in partnership with Berlin-based XAIN, a developer of solutions based on blockchain, AI and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies, with a particular focus on intelligent industrial applications.
- In June 2017, XAIN AG won the first Porsche Innovation Contest, finishing ahead of more than 120 other startups.The companys technology stack is based on the Ethereum blockchain and reinforcement learning, a modern family of machine-learning methods.
- [For] our distributed intelligent systems, we actually require a dynamic, adaptable and energy-efficient infrastructure for organizations and any kind of device to purposefully work together in an equally-distributed, privacy-preserving and secure network, concludes the XAIN post, stating that appropriately configured blockchain technology can play a part in viable technological solutions…
- Rather, there are a large number of statistical methods that are called Regression or grounded on its fundamental idea: – – TheDependent Variableis something you want to predict or explain.
- Multiple Regression is more widely used than Simple Regression in Marketing Research, Data Science and most fields because a single Independent Variable can usually only show us part of the picture.
- Most 5 and 7 point rating scales popular in Marketing Research are ordinal scales, technically speaking, and Ordinal Logistic or Probit Regression will sometimes give different intepretations than our standard Regression, which assumes a numeric Dependent Variable.
- Poisson and Negative Binomial Regression are two variations designed when your Dependent Variable is acount, for instance, how many times a customer bought a product or brand in the past year.
- There is also Mixture Modeling, and I haven’t mentioned Artificial Neural Networks, Support Vector Machines or any of the many methods used in Data Mining and Predictive Analytics in addition to Regression, but do give a quick overview inMaking Sense of Machine Learning.
- Blockchain in financial domain is used for below purposes (few examples) – – Bitcoin is digital money.
- To illustrate it has many examples like above; at the same time it has many other use cases where transparency and security is lacking.
- Finallyas a result of this cutting edge technology importance business cant ignore blockchain any more hence its here to stay and grow.
- Blockchain technologies record promises, trades, transactions or simply items we never want to disappear, allowing everyone in an ecosystem to keep a copy of the common system of record.
- To discover the power of business blockchains and distributed ledger technologies; you might have to wait for next blog post.
- Interpol last week held a simulated training exercise for global investigators designed to help overcome Internet of Things (IoT) skills shortages.
- The international police organizations annual Digital Security Challenge saw 43 cybercrime investigators and digital forensics experts from 23 countries face a simulated cyber-attack on a bank launched through an IoT device.
- Interpol claimed this is an increasingly popular tactic designed to obfuscate the source of attacks, but warned that police may not have the skills to forensically examine IoT devices.
- The first two Digital Security Challenge exercises in 2016 and 2017 simulated cyber-blackmail involving Bitcoin and a ransomware attack, so the new focus on IoT is reflective of the changing nature of threats.
- Last week, Trend Micro claimed in its 2017 roundup report that IoT devices are increasingly being zombified to minecrypto-currency and launch cyber-attacks like DDoS.
Top IOT Courses
Internet of Things (IoT) Automation using Raspberry Pi 2 (1,358 students enrolled)By Venkatesh Varadachari
- Read the raw temperature of the multiple sensors using Linux command.
- Program the sensors to display the updated temperature after a delay of every 10 seconds.
- Receive an automated email alert when the temperature crosses a certain limit.
- Connect the sensors to an open source cloud and access the temperature in a web dashboard from anywhere.
- Retrieve the complete month statistics by visiting the web portal.
Start the Internet of Things (IoT) from scratch (96 students enrolled)By Dr. Kobkiat Saraubon
- Build your own IoT projects using NodeMCU based on Arduino platform
- Write programs to control your hardware
- Connect your IoTs to cloud services to store/process/share some data