IOT News Monday, February 12
IOT News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Time Series Forecasting and Internet of Things (IoT) in Grain Storage
- Guest blog post by Vinay Mehendiratta, PhD Time Series Forecasting and Internet of Things (IoT) in Grain StorageAuthors: Vinay Mehendiratt…
- time series, grain storage, harvest season, data, time series forecasting
- IOTA: Cannot be used for IoT. Loss of funds may occur.
- IOTA is a tangle coin that ICO’d on Bitcointalk in JINN, another coin. It promises to bring cryptocurrency to the Internet-of-Things. But did anyone actually try using IOTA? Andreas finds out. Today…
- IOTA, IOTA wallet, IOTA tangle explorer, IOTA wallet balance, IOTA mobile wallet
- Top Tech Trends to Watch in 2018 from Alibaba Scientists
- From artificial intelligence to blockchain, leading scientists from Alibaba look at which trends will make the biggest impact in 2018.
- deep learning, natural language, Alibaba DAMO Academy—the, major research program, deep learning inference
- A Product Management Framework for the Internet of Things
- The IoT Decision Framework helps Product Managers tackle the complexity of IoT products. It provides an easy-to-follow structure to uncover requirements at each layer of the IoT stack, including business decisions, technical decisions, and more.
- IoT Decision, iot product, iot technology stack, IoT Decision Framework,
- Demand for IoT Sensors in the Automotive Industry Drives IoT Sensors Market
- Internet of Things (IoT) is a network that is embedded with sensors, electronics, network connectivity, and software enabling physical objects to gather and e…
- iot sensors, iot sensors market, global IoT sensors, consumer electronics,
- Cloud Computing
- cloud expo, Santa Clara Convention, Clara Convention Center, digital transformation, dx world expo
- Should We Make Digital Twins of Our Bodies?
- How is a digital twin different than an electronic health record? Will they help us plan and predict our health outcomes?
- digital twins, , , ,
- Forbes Welcome
- Forbes Welcome page — Forbes is a global media company, focusing on business, investing, technology, entrepreneurship, leadership, and lifestyle.
- Duration, ngAtlanta, views, Angular vs React.js, Smart Angular Elements
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 05:00:04 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2015-11-17T01:00:11+00:00
Author: Andrei Macsin
- Understanding relationship between receival, outturn, within storage site and between storage site movements can provide us insights that can be useful in planning for the next harvest reason, estimating the throughput capacity of the system, relationship between throughout and inventory.
- Storage facilities also have access to grain movement information from one site to another site (between-site-movements) and within a site question we address is: Could Internet of Things and Predictive Analytics help understand receival and outturn behavior at grain storage sites?
- Time series forecasts for future periods are based on analysis of dependence relationships, such as trend and seasonality, among available observations.
- Figure 12a: Movements among sites Figure 13a: Patterns for movement among sites – – Grower Receivals Figure 15, 16 show us that peak volume reached during harvest receivals from growers is decreasing.
- Analysis of receival and outturn data Storage data might be beneficial for an organization to gain insights into the behavior of storage sites.
Tweeted At: Fri Feb 09 13:10:43 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-09T13:07:46.082000+00:00
Author: Andreas Brekken
- This means I need to run IOTA on a Linux Desktop with a graphical interface.I havent ran an Ubuntu Desktop installation for a while so Ill follow a guide I found.AWS means Amazon Web Services.
- They really like acronyms.I start an Ubuntu 16.04 machine on Amazon AWS.Even though IOTA is for smaller IoT devices I might need a more powerful machine to compile from source-code.
- I return to the IOTA wallet install instructions.I cant get the clipboard on my laptop to transfer to the Ubuntu Desktop for pasting commands.
- Docker lets you run programs in isolation so that any change they make to your machine is gone when you stop the program.I download the IOTA wallet source-code and switch to the v2.5.6 version of the code.The instructions tell me to install something called IRI.I look for what IRI is.IRI…
- Maven is a program that builds other programs.Ive now installed Maven and can compile IRI.I now have the iri.jar file thats required by the IOTA wallet and can get back to the wallet.And install the wallet dependencies:Ill switch back to the graphical interface to start the wallet.And then Ill start…
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 11 13:46:52 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-06T02:30:31+00:00
- From artificial intelligence to blockchain, 11 leading scientists from Alibaba Group and its affiliate research labs, including researchers with the Alibaba DAMO Academythe Chinese tech giants first major research program focused on developing next-generation technologieslook at which trends will make the biggest impact in the coming year.
- In 2018, the spotlight will be on blockchain technology… Applications of blockchain will leapfrog from proofs of concepts (PoC) to real-world implementations, especially in the areas of financial services and supply chain management.
- More and more traditional industries will start embracing the technology and re-engineer their business models.
- [The A.I. chips market] is an increasingly heated battleground.
- Alan Qi, vice president and chief data scientist at Ant Financial
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 16:00:50 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2016-08-07T20:28:09+00:00
Author: Daniel Elizalde
- This framework provides an easy-to-follow structure to uncoverrequirements at each layer of the IoT stack, including business decisions, technical decisions, and more.
- Thats because IoT products are more complex than your average product, with five layers of technology to consider: device hardware, devicesoftware, communications, cloud platform, and cloud applications.
- The IoT Decision Framework provides you a structured approach to uncovering the questions you need to ask, and then working with various departmentstomake the best decisions for your product.
- The IoT Decision Frameworkfocuses on six key Decision Areas you need to consider for any IoT product.
- Each bubble in the IoT Decision Framework is an opportunity to useProduct Management tools to make decisions and discover gapstools like market research, design research, customer development, prioritization, Lean, NPI, etc.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 16:00:11 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2016-03-08T23:30:13+00:00
Author: Andrei Macsin
- A surge in demand for IoT sensors in the automotive industry and the booming Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) market are strongly driving the growth of the IoT sensors market.
- By applications, the global IoT sensors market is segmented into consumer electronics, healthcare, automotive, industrial, building automation, retail and others.
- Stringent government regulations and policies across the globe are encouraging the development of smart cities and this is offering a potential growth opportunity to the global IoT sensors market.
- Further, technological advancements in the medical industry are set to offer a substantial opportunity for the growth of the IoT sensors market.
- Some of the major players in the IoT sensors market are: Infineon Technologies (Germany), STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland), IBM (U.S.), Robert Bosch GmbH (Germany), Honeywell International Inc. (U.S.), Ericsson (Sweden), InvenSense Inc. (U.S.), Libelium (Spain), ARM Holdings Plc. (U.K.) and Digi International Inc. (U.S.) among others.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 14:52:57 +0000 2018
- The Globalization of Artificial Intelligence – – Thinking that we can reverse the trend in international basketball so that our amateurs can dominate Olympic play is over.
-  Putin Says the Nation that Leads in AI Will Be the Ruler of the World – – The post Artificial Intelligence, Globalization and International Basketball appeared first on InFocus Blog | Dell EMC Services.
- Full Conference Registration Gold Pass and Exhibit Hall Here (Register Here via EventBrite) – – DX World EXPO, LLC., a Lighthouse Point, Florida-based startup trade show producer and the creator of DXWorldEXPO – Digital Transformation Conference & Expo has announced its conference agenda, with three major themes: – – *…
- Full Conference Registration Gold Pass and Exhibit Hall Here (Register Here via EventBrite) – – DX World Expo’s Global Themes and Tracks are as follows: – – DX Tech: Data-Driven Global 2000 – – DX Tech: The Blockchain Challenge – – DX Tech: AI and Cognitive – – DX Tech:…
- World’s Most Important Tech Event – – DXWorldEXPO will be the world’s most important tech event with 1,000 exhibitors in its first year and 2,000 exhibitors in its second year, as it guides Global 2000 companies through their Digital Transformation journey for the next two decades.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 16:00:58 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-30T00:00:00+00:00
Author: Hari Harikrishnan
- Digitizing paper health records is a far cry from the benefits we could get out of our own digital twin.
- EHR: Maintenance Logs in the Cloud
– The world of healthcare on the other hand has EMRs (Electronic Medical Records) and EHRs (Electronic Health Records)which are digital paper logs that document our truck rolls for reactive maintenance to hospitals, physicians, and pharmacies.
- What about digital twins that model our own hardware and predict lifespan and failure rate?
- This is just a superficial look at the complex human hardware,classified by parts (bill of materials or BOM, if you are into discrete manufacturing), just to show some steps involved in creating digital twins of ourselves.
- Always-on connectivity and data processing via IoT will help keep the digital twins up-to-date relative to the physical body, just like in the industrial IoT world.
Tweeted At: Mon Jan 29 19:39:45 +0000 2018
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 12 15:00:54 +0000 2018
Top IOT Courses
Internet of Things (IoT) Automation using Raspberry Pi 2 (1,358 students enrolled)By Venkatesh Varadachari
- Read the raw temperature of the multiple sensors using Linux command.
- Program the sensors to display the updated temperature after a delay of every 10 seconds.
- Receive an automated email alert when the temperature crosses a certain limit.
- Connect the sensors to an open source cloud and access the temperature in a web dashboard from anywhere.
- Retrieve the complete month statistics by visiting the web portal.
Start the Internet of Things (IoT) from scratch (96 students enrolled)By Dr. Kobkiat Saraubon
- Build your own IoT projects using NodeMCU based on Arduino platform
- Write programs to control your hardware
- Connect your IoTs to cloud services to store/process/share some data