IOT News Saturday, February 10
IOT News TLDR / Table of Contents
- What It Takes to Be a Great Product Leader: The Four Pillars
- Do you know what it takes to be a great Product Leader? In this post, you’ll learn about the 4 Pillars of Product Leadership, and discover key skills that can take your career from good to great.
- Product Managers, , , ,
- 21 Scary Things Big Data Knows About You
- Guest blog post by Bernard MarrWhat does big data know about you?Quite a lot.Every time we use a computer, access our phones, or open an…
- big data, credit card company, big data analysis, Used Big Data, pretty comprehensive ads
- The U.S. Drops Out of the Top 10 in Innovation Ranking
- Score another one for Seoul while Silicon Valley slides.
- South Korea, Bloomberg Innovation Index, well-funded innovation policies, index scores countries, European economies Germany
- 9 Technology Mega Trends That Will Change The World In 2018
- We have never lived in a time of faster technological innovation. Technology developments such as artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things (IoT), blockchains and 3D printing are changing the way we live and work. Here we look at the 9 top technology mega trends for 2018.
- 3D printing, computing power, Trend, data, traditional computing power
- Top 10 Big Data Facts [INFOGRAPHIC] | Grazitti Interactive
- Check out the top 10 big data facts in this interesting infographic. Learn how big data is changing the future.
- Big Data, virtually infinite storage, Big Data facts, ,
Tweeted At: Sat Feb 10 14:00:32 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2014-01-21T20:37:15+00:00
Author: Daniel Elizalde
- In this post, you’ll learn about the 4 Pillars of Product Leadership, and discover key skills that can take your career from good to great.
- From the 4 pillars of Product leadership, domain knowledge is the only one that doesn’t transfer from industry to industry.
- As a Software Product Leader, I advocate for a deep technical understanding to balance the other pillars.
- Other of the processes, methodologies, and frameworks I consider valuable are: – – Product Leadership is a very challenging profession because we have to juggle a huge breadth of knowledge and moving parts.
- Now that you know the 4 pillars of product leadership, it is time to look at what makes a great IoT Product Leader.
Tweeted At: Sat Feb 10 14:00:05 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2016-05-26T22:09:58+00:00
Author: Andrei Macsin
- What does big data know about you?
- I’ve compiled a list of 21 things Big Data knows about almost every one of us — right now: – – This is actually just the tip of the iceberg.
- As we dive deeper into the benefits big data can provide to us, we’ll also be happily coughing up more and more data.
- The iPhone Health app, for instance, can collect data about all kinds of intimately personal things about your health.
- His new book: ‘Big Data in Practice: How 45 Successful Companies Used Big Data Analytics to Deliver Extraordinary Results’
Tweeted At: Sat Feb 10 14:00:25 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-22T23:06:19.868000+00:00
Author: Michelle Jamrisko
- Score another one for Seoul while Silicon Valley slides.The U.S. dropped out of the top 10 in the 2018 Bloomberg Innovation Index for the first time in the six years the gauge has been compiled.
- The U.S. fell to 11th place from ninth mainly because of an eight-spot slump in the post-secondary, or tertiary, education-efficiency category, which includes the share of new science and engineering graduates in the labor force.
- “I see no evidence to suggest that this trend will not continue,” said Robert D. Atkinson, president of the Information Technology Innovation Foundation in Washington, D.C. “Other nations have responded with smart, well-funded innovation policies like better RD tax incentives, more government funding for research, more funding for technology commercialization…
- China moved up two spots to 19th, buoyed by its high proportion of new science and engineering graduates in the labor force and increasing number of patents by innovators such as Huawei Technologies Co.“One common trait of the U.S., Korea and China is that people accept failure as part of…
- Israel rounded out this group and was the only country to beat South Korea in the RD category.South Africa and Iran moved back into the top 50; the last time both were included was 2014.
Tweeted At: Sat Feb 10 14:08:35 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-12-04T00:28:00+00:00
Author: Bernard Marr
- Trend 2: The Internet of Things (IoT) and how everyday devices are becoming more ‘smart’ – The IoT – which encompasses smart, connected products like smart phones and smart watches –is a major contributing factor in this exponential increase in data.
- Trend 3: Exponential growth in computing power is fueling massive tech advances – None of this incredible growth in data, nor the billions of IoT devices available,would be possible without the enormous leaps in computing power that we’ve made.
- Trend 4: The incredible rise of artificial intelligence (AI) – Computers are now able to learn in much the same way as we humans do, and this leap in AI capabilities has been made possible by the massive increases in data and computing power.
- Trend 6: 3D printing opens up amazing opportunities for manufacturers (and others) – Related to increasing automation, the invention of 3D printing is disrupting manufacturing, and other industries, in many positive ways.
- Trend 8: Blockchains: An invention that could change our world – Blockchain technology is a very practical solution to the problem of storing, authenticating and protecting data.
Tweeted At: Wed Jan 31 16:35:56 +0000 2018
Author: Abeer Aulakh
- Big Data.
- As we move around in the world, we generate megabytes of data every second.
- Along with this, the evolution in the techniques of data analytics have made it possible to uncover deeper insights; helping connect the dots which were previously invisible.
- All this data is now used to make search better, to connect prospects to products, to automate tasks etc.
- Let’s take a look at the Top 10 Big Data facts:
Top IOT Courses
Internet of Things (IoT) Automation using Raspberry Pi 2 (1,358 students enrolled)By Venkatesh Varadachari
- Read the raw temperature of the multiple sensors using Linux command.
- Program the sensors to display the updated temperature after a delay of every 10 seconds.
- Receive an automated email alert when the temperature crosses a certain limit.
- Connect the sensors to an open source cloud and access the temperature in a web dashboard from anywhere.
- Retrieve the complete month statistics by visiting the web portal.
Start the Internet of Things (IoT) from scratch (96 students enrolled)By Dr. Kobkiat Saraubon
- Build your own IoT projects using NodeMCU based on Arduino platform
- Write programs to control your hardware
- Connect your IoTs to cloud services to store/process/share some data