Ethereum News Monday, February 5 PM
Ethereum News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Here’s a First Look Inside Amazon’s Grand, Plant-Filled Spheres
- Management will make sure no one hogs the tree fort.
- 30-foot-high suspension bridge, downtown Seattle office, southern California farm, new Seattle tower, M. David Sadinsky
- LydianCoin ICO Platform
- LydianCoin ICO Platform
- Lydian tokens, LDN Token, additional tokens, confirmation letter,
- World Bank, 2017
- Token Sale Terms, DEB Tokens, permanent resident, special accreditation, TGE documentation
- UNICEF Asks PC Gamers To Mine Ethereum And Donate To Syrian Children
- UNICEF’s new charity drive asks PC gamers to use their powerful computers to mine for Ethereum in their downtime, donating the cry… | News | Cointelegraph
- UNICEF, two-month long charity, UNICEF wallet, Nations International Children, UNICEF’s Ethereum
- COPYTRACK ICO | Global Copyright Register | Join The Digital Revolution
- Global Copyright Register, COPYTRACK ICO,
- What the Coincheck hack means for the future of blockchain security
- Half a billion dollars’ worth of cryptocurrency was stolen—that’s gotten people’s attention.
- unlimited online access, cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck, cryptographic keys, new twice-weekly newsletter, private cryptographic keys
- Fear not, China is not banning cryptocurrency – Wei Chun Chew –
- In 2008 following the financial crisis, a paper titled “Bitcoin: A Peer-to-Peer Electronic Cash System” was published, detailing the concepts of a payment system. Bitcoin was born. Bitcoin gained the…
- Chinese government, Chinese government stance, blockchain technology, China, mining operations
- SOFIN – Social Financial Network
- News from the development departmentSite sofin.io launched in ICO mode, added sections “Photos”, “Media about us”;In the demo version, the borrower’s…
- Social Financial Network, Messenger Facebook Lite, New Account, Log InForgot account, Cookies Ad Choices
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 10:01:03 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-01-26T15:00:10.656000+00:00
Author: Spencer Soper
- Photographer: Mike Kane/Bloomberg – – – – – – Inside Amazon’s Giant Spheres, Where Workers Chill in a Mini Rainforest – Management will make sure no one hogs the tree fort.
- By – – – – – January 26, 2018, 10:00 AM EST – – – – – – – – – – – – Three years ago, Amazon.com Inc.’s horticulturalist was giving Jeff Bezos a preview of what the company’s three plant-filled spheres—the centerpiece of its $4 billion downtown Seattle…
- The temperature swings as much as five degrees, a big difference in the humid environment, and ventilation systems simulate an outdoor breeze.Ron Gagliardo, Senior Manager of Horticultural Services at Amazon, right, discusses various plant species with John Schoettler, VP of Global Real Estate and Facilities.Photographer: Mike Kane/BloombergWi-Fi is available for…
- The Space Needle can be seen from the site of the Amazon Spheres.Photographer: Mike Kane/BloombergCars and foot traffic remind visitors that this rainforest lives inside a major metropolis.Photographer: Mike Kane/BloombergA meeting space called the bird’s nest sits about 30 feet off the floor.Photographer: Mike Kane/Bloomberg – – – Ventilation ducts in…
- Temperatures range from an average of 72 degrees during the day to an average of 55 degrees at night.Photographer: Mike Kane/BloombergA hangout spot for Amazon employees at the highest point of a Sphere.Photographer: Mike Kane/BloombergThe suspension bridge near Rubi, the tree.Photographer: Mike Kane/Bloomberg – – – Some of the more than…
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 18:01:20 +0000 2018
- Thank you for your interest in purchasing the Lydian tokens.
- You can purchase Lydian tokens at the following rates:
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 15:55:24 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-05T15:40:00+00:00
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 04 17:28:15 +0000 2018
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 01 20:18:52 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-01T12:05:00+00:00
Author: Mike Orcutt
- The plunder of more than $500 million worth of digital coins from the Japanese cryptocurrency exchange Coincheck last week has added to a growing perception that cryptocurrencies are particularly vulnerable to hackers.
- It’s an expensive reminder that like many things in the cryptocurrency world, security technologies—and the norms, best practices, and rules for using them—are still emerging.
- In 2016, for example, hackers defeated a multisig system to steal $65 million from Bitfinex, one of the world’s largest exchanges.
- Should financial regulators require exchanges to use multisig technology to secure any funds they keep in a hot wallet?
- Such a system might look different from the blockchain networks running today’s cryptocurrencies, but it would still rely on cryptographic keys that could fall into the wrong hands.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 18:54:23 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-05T13:44:17.126000+00:00
Author: Wei Chun Chew
- I will not delve into the technical aspect of it but here are some articles and videos that I recommend:How Bitcoin Works Under the HoodA gentle introduction to blockchain technologyEver wonder how Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies) actually work?Fast forward to today, 5th February to be exact, authorities in China have…
- It has now enlisted the almighty ‘Great Firewall of China’ to block access to foreign exchanges in a bid to stop its citizens from carrying out any cryptocurrency transactions.To know more about the Chinese government stance, let’s backtrack a couple years back to 2013 when Bitcoin was gaining popularity among…
- Concerned with the price volatility and speculations, the People’s Bank of China and five other government ministries published an official notice on December 2013 titled “Notice on Preventing Financial Risk of Bitcoin” (Link is in Mandarin).
- It cannot be defined as money- something that serves as a medium of exchange, a unit of accounting, and a store of value.Despite the notice being dated in 2013, it is still relevant with regards to the Chinese government stance on Bitcoin and as mentioned, there is no indication of…
- Even the People’s Bank of China is also testing a prototype blockchain-based digital currency; however, with it likely to be a centralized digital currency slapped with some encryption technology, its adoption by the Chinese citizens remains to be seen.The launch of the Trusted Blockchain Open Lab as well as the…
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 12:52:10 +0000 2018
Top Ethereum Courses
Getting Started with Ethereum Solidity Development (6,530 students enrolled)By Sebastien Arbogast
- Understand the basic philosophy behind the blockchain and distributed/decentralized applications
- The basics of how a blockchain generally works, just enough to be able to use it as a development platform
- Develop a distributed application, from creating a blank project to deploying it in production all the way through writing smart contracts, unit testing them, and creating a user interface for them
- How to combine the right tools to put together a consistent development environment
- The fundamentals of the Solidity smart contract language
- How to use the Truffle build and testing framework
- How to deploy a decentralized app to various Ethereum instances (testrpc, private chain, test chain, main net)
Ethereum Blockchain Developer: Build Projects Using Solidity (10,937 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Be Proficient In Solidity Programming By Building Projects In This Course.
- Understand Blockchain Technology At A Theoretical And Practical Level.
- Be Aware On A Practical Level Of How Smart Contracts Operate.
- Be Able To Work With The Ethereum’s Major Core Development Tools.
- Understand The Core Development Functions Of Ethereum.
- Understand What Decentralisation Is As We’re Working With This Technology.
- Be Able To Explain The Structure Of A Solidity Clearly Through Practical Examples.
- Understand How To Use Web3 In Conjunction With The Project We’re Creating.
- Be Proficient In Advanced Development With Truffle And Ethereum Studio.
- Complete A Final Assignment Which Consists Of An Ethereum Blockchain Based Curriculum Vitae.
Ethereum : Decentralized Application Design & Development (9,794 students enrolled)By Rajeev Sakhuja
- Leverage the Ethereum tools/software such as Wallet, Geth, MetaMask, Remix, TruffleV4, Ganache....
- Create an ERC20 Compliant token to launch an Initial Coin Offering (ICO)
- Setup Private Blockchain Network
- Develop Smart contracts in Solidity using multiple tools such as Web3/Ganache/TruffleV4/Mocha framework
- Comfortably describe how Ethereum Blockchain works | Ethers, Gas, POW, POS, Nodes ...
- Describe how the Blockchain technologies work | Distributed Ledgers, Consensus, Mining ....
- Develop end to end Decentralized Applications (DAPP) on Ethereum platform
- Setup private Ethereum networks for development & experimentation
- Identify and use the right design patterns for developing smart contracts
- Architect, Design & Build real use cases on Ethereum platform
The Complete Ethereum Course: Get .001 Ether In Your Wallet (4,273 students enrolled)By Ravinder Deol
- Understand how Ethereum, the emerging cryptocurrency works, and get involved with it practically as well as learning the theoretical side of the cryptocurrency.
- Realise how becoming an early adopter of Ethereum gives you the best chance to capitalize on its rise, as many would have missed the meteoric rise of Bitcoin.
- Undertake your first ever Ethereum transaction by receiving .001 Ether from me for completing this course, I will of course walk you through how to setup your wallet.
Compile Your First Ethereum Smart Contract With Solidity (245 students enrolled)By Will Bunker
- Compile a basic smart contract
- Set a private blockchain for testing
- Deploy smart contract to blockchain
- Call the functions on smart contract.
Learn Solidity: Programming Language for Smart Contracts (3,153 students enrolled)By Toshendra Sharma
- Develop Ethereum Smart Contracts using Solidity
- Understand the basics & advance features of Solidity & Ethereum Virtual Machine
- Develop their own decentralized blockchain applications