EdTech News Thursday, June 7
- 11 Edtech Tools That Make Formative Assessment a Breeze
- Ed Tech Companies That I Really Love: Part I
- What is a Personalized Learning Network?
- Formative assessment is a chance for teachers to put their creative and evaluative skills to the test.
- Formative assessment implies ongoing communication between the teacher and students, in the form of observations, questioning, and discussions.
- In addition to checking understanding and levels of knowledge, teachers should focus on students attitudes, feelings, and interests.
- Formative assessment is the assessment of students progress toward a goal, conducted at regular intervals, with the teacher issuing feedback to help to improve the students academic achievement.
- To carry out a formative assessment, you might want to ask open-ended questions and check your students understanding of the task.
@Lynch39083: 11 Edtech Tools That Make Formative Assessment a Breeze https://t.co/axNM2YpZel #STEM #edtech https://t.co/yirYUr7y09
- When integrated between classrooms, teachers can see how the behavior of their students ranks other places and together educators can create plans to guide students toward higher achievement.
- Schools that upgrade from the free version to the whole-school option give administrators and other school leaders the opportunity to see which students may need the help of extra learning resources.
- It quickly becomes clear to a teacher when two particular students will not be productive near each other or when a certain student would fare better at the front of the classroom.
- There are a lot of things that students can do on basic tablets and phones, but there are also products like the einstein Tablet+ from Fourier Education that have a specific focus on STEM initiatives.
- This STEM-specific tablet can be connected to classroom projectors and monitors so that all the students can participate at once, or can be used as an individual tablet for customized learning in grades K-12.
@techedvocate: Ed Tech Companies That I Really Love: Part I https://t.co/R0GvD3bYFJ #STEM #edtech
- In short, a personal learning network (PLN) is a group of people who you connect with to increase your knowledge of a particular subject.
- Many prefer online forums and chat rooms, social media platforms like Twitter and YouTube, and online portals specialized for PLNs like Educators PLN.
- Second, while you dont need to know people in your PLN personally, you will form personal connections with them based on shared ideas and experiences.
- If youre an educator speaking with other educators, depending on where they teach, who their students are, what tools theyve used in the classroom, and what their background is, youll uncover learning opportunities for your students that youve never considered implementing.
- Many believe that students themselves can benefit from personal learning networks.
@Lynch39083: What is a Personalized Learning Network? https://t.co/Ozc6lCcmJH #STEM #edtech https://t.co/mKMwYwwqKZ