EdTech News Thursday, May 31
- 10 Keys to Designing Tomorrow’s Schools
- The A-Z of Education: School Finance and Organization
- Is EdTech the Future of Parental Engagement?
- So tomorrows schools need to accommodate that reality, including in mundane ways like having enough electrical outlets for charging devices.
- Smart schools will take simple, practical steps to promote the physical safety of their students.
- The trick here is to avoid making a school look like a prison while still protecting the students.
- A school that is welcoming to community members will benefit its students in countless ways.
- And, finally, tenth: the school of tomorrow will acknowledge, celebrate, and incorporate local traditions and cultures in order to affirm its students.
@techedvocate: 10 Keys to Designing Tomorrow’s Schools https://t.co/TvwpsU8KJF #STEM #edtech https://t.co/eZlY2Uaiar
- Adequate Yearly Progress is a No Child Left Behind requirement that schools make annual incremental progress toward 100 percent of students reaching the proficient level on state reading and mathematics assessments by the 20132014 school year.
- Local School Board is the term used to describe the governing body for educational policy and funding at the local level.
- National Education Association (NEA) is the largest professional organization and labor union, representing not only public school teachers and related personnel, but also retired educators and college students who wish to become teachers.
- State Board of Education is presided over by the Chief State School Officer and responsible for upholding the state educational legislation is observed.
- State Department of Education is the department that channels funds and policy decisions from the governor and the legislature, to local educational authorities.
@techedvocate: The A-Z of Education: School Finance and Organization https://t.co/kLQAMOdv6m #STEM #edtech https://t.co/sgQMonmdaI
- ClassTag is a cloud-based app that helps schools engage parents in their community and improve the quality of family support in education.
- The addition of integrated printing to its multi-channel communication suite gives teachers a simple, one-step process for ensuring that each parent gets relevant classroom information in the format they prefer.
- A spot where questions, messages, school needs and other information could live and be easily accessed by parents, teachers, and administrators?
- School Messenger is a software as a service (SaaS) notification app that is utilized by school districts all over the United States to communicate with parents, students and staff via voice, SMS text, email and social media.
- Knowledge truly is power and the edtech companies that we have featured are ensuring that parents, students, and teachers have an efficient system that provides stronger lines of communication and engagement.
@techedvocate: Is EdTech the Future of Parental Engagement? https://t.co/iM8J5a0VAw #STEM #edtech