EdTech News Tuesday, May 29
- How to Future Proof Your School District’s Digital Ecosystem
- Avoiding School Reform Roadblocks
- 10 Edtech Accelerators and Incubators that You Should Know About
- School districts that can make all of their digital content and user data available via one secure platform can focus teacher time where it should be: on their students.
- How to Create a Digital Ecosystem with Interoperability Standards – – The Houston Independent School District (HISD) had a hodgepodge of separate systems in use and digital content from a variety of publishers with proprietary data formats and unique usernames and passwords.
- HISD found they could achieve their goal of interoperability by making common standards a requirement for the TLS vendors under consideration, as well as for every digital publisher and systems provider working with the district.
- Benefits of Interoperability Standards in the Classroom – – Now HISD teachers can log into the hub and search for educational content by topic or by learning standard.
- As new content and systems become available, they can also be integrated into the school districts hub thanks to common standards.
@AdvocateforEd: How to Future Proof Your School District’s Digital Ecosystem https://t.co/TiNdtFh2cG #STEM #edtech https://t.co/DPDKUizqCH
- When initiating reform, an action plan must be developed before the school can determine how the reform will be carried out and how it will be measured.
- The school team, which consists of educators, administrators, and other stakeholders, must make the necessary amendments without hindering reform efforts.
- It is hard for many administrators and educators to grasp the fact that frustrations may worsen as the reform is being implemented.
- In many school reform efforts, educators and administrators must understand that policies and practices that met the needs of the past, do not necessarily address current needs or the needs of the future.
- Strategic planning, which is widely used in the educational arena, can assist districts in setting goals and implementing school reform.
@AdvocateforEd: Avoiding School Reform Roadblocks https://t.co/9N4V45XfAY #STEM #edtech https://t.co/M5yVmlZBNK
- Accelerators and incubators can connect you with the mentors, experts, and funding you need to make your edtech company into a reality.
- They specialize in edtech companies and other software options, offering up to $100,000 in seed funding and up to $1 million in services such as hosting.
- Your edtech company can gain expert advice and access to a market to test your new product.
- You can attend one of the longest programs offered by an edtech accelerator company at Michelson Runway Edtech Accelerator.
- Their Colorado-based program is a more flexible option for edtech companies that have already gotten started in their home cities.
@AdvocateforEd: 10 Edtech Accelerators and Incubators that You Should Know About https://t.co/u21ZYutVGK #STEM #edtech https://t.co/NZ2KUZ5mDj