EdTech News Friday, April 6 Verizon innovative learning, Middle schools, Block-based language & more…
- One hundred U.S. schools to receive big bump in STEM investment
Verizon Innovative Learning, VIL program, middle schools, Bristol Township, Verizon Foundation
- Learning Programming with a Raspberry Pi Robot.
block-based language, buildable GoPiGo robots, hands-on STEAM learning, GoPiGo robot kits,
- Ineffective assessments, part VI: More digital access needed
technology, educational community, Ineffective Assessments series, students, rapidly advancing technology
- Teachers: 7 Ways to Start a New School Year
students, good classroom management, new teacher, smart classroom management, Plan course materials
- Five Reasons to Teach Robotics in Schools
students, robotics, Teaching young students, robotics education, production-based learning module
- View this email in your browser The buildable GoPiGo robots offer students a new dimension when it comes to hands-on STEAM learning.
- Not only do they learn the basics of programming with GoPiGo’s simple, block-based language, they’re poised to become engineering masters as well!
- That’s because the GoPiGo robots come completely disassembled and kids have to tap their problem-solving skills to get them put together!
- Bloxter, created by the makers of GoPiGo, is a block-based language similar to Scratch.
- To purchase any of the GoPiGo robot kits for your classroom or explore some of the other products from Dexter Industries, click below!
- Not only should educators be able to tap into digital resources for assessment preparation, but students should be able to take assessments using the technology that makes them most comfortable.
- In other words, we need to ditch the Scantron forms and No. 2 pencils and give our kids access to the right technology to make them the most comfortable with the tests they are taking and to streamline the process for scorers.
- To those outside the educational community, the idea that students should be able to take tests through computers and other pieces of technology that make them comfortable is a no-brainer.
- I would challenge our educational community, from classroom teachers to those sitting on national education committees, to move beyond these fears though and find a financial way to make the technology of assessments possible.
- To remain a world leader when it comes to the fast-pace of technology, we as educators need to insist that technology is part of not only the teaching process but also of assessment policy too.
- Beginning a career in teaching is greatly aided if you are able to provide an environment that is conducive to learning and growth, both for yourself as a new teacher and for your new students.
- When the First Bell Rings – – The first few days of the year are very important, as theyso often determine the classroom atmosphere for the rest of the year.
- You need ensure from day one that you establish and enforce your authority in the classroom as this will earn the respect of the students.
- Here are some helpful tips for the first day: – – Although it takes time to complete all the tasks mentioned above, doing them will give students a good first impression and set you up as an organized and prepared teacher.
- You will not only help yourself and your chances for success with a smart classroom management plan, but it will also give students an idea of what to expect and make them feel more empowered on their educational paths.
- Teaching robotics to young students throughout their schooling can increase their ability to be creative and innovative thinkers and more productive members of society.
- Teaching robotics in schools gives students the opportunity to address the growing demand of teaching STEM subjects while learning how science, engineering, math, and technology work together and interact.
- When students are introduced to robotics in their school years, they can discover any interests and talents that they may have in this job market.
- Without the knowledge or access to robotics education, theres no way for students to build interest in these fields.
- Robotics is a field that is easily accessible to a wide range of students with varying talents and skills.