EdTech News Thursday, February 8
EdTech News TLDR / Table of Contents
- Publish sites to a specific audience in the new Google Sites
- In Google Cloud Connect, discuss the latest features with Googlers and other G Suite admins like you. Learn tips and tricks that will make your work and life easier. Be the first to know what’s happening with G Suite.
- Google Cloud Connect, Suite admins, latest features, Learn tips, Googlers
- 10 ways to collaborate digitally + visually in class
- Students can collaborate and share their visual ideas digitally using AWW. See the key features and how you can use it in class.
- whiteboard, AWW, AWW whiteboard, AWW App, web whiteboard
- Announcing the Release of Inquiry Mindset!
- I am extremely excited to announce the release of my next book Inquiry Mindset: Nurturing the Dreams, Wonders and Curiosities of our Youngest Learners co-authored with the amazing Rebecca Bathurst-Hunt! This project truly originated from my travels around the world. The more I spoke at events and supported teachers in their…
- inquiry mindset, book Inquiry Mindset, , ,
- Duration, ngAtlanta, views, Angular vs React.js, Smart Angular Elements
- 50 Fabulous EdTech Blogs to Follow
- Not many entries yet, but “What’s On Your Hook?” looks promising. You can find it here: http://whatsonyourhook.blogspot.com/2016/09/beginning-of-trip.html
- EdTech blogs, new EdTech blogs, excellent EdTech blogs, ,
Tweeted At: Tue Jan 30 13:48:13 +0000 2018
- Some sites aren’t for everyone.That’s why we’re making it possible to specify exactly who can view your content in the new Google Sites.To publish your site to a specific audience, select the “Share with others” icon and change the Published settings to “Specific people can view when published.”
- Next, add the individuals you want in the “Invite people” box and select “Can view published.”
- This feature is available now on the web; it will roll out in the Google Drive Android and iOS apps over the coming weeks.
- For more info on publishing in the new Google Sites, visit the Help Center.
- Launching to Rapid Release, with Scheduled Release coming on February 26th, 2018Available to all G Suite editionsExtended rollout (potentially longer than 15 days for feature visibility)All end usersChange management suggested/FYI
Tweeted At: Thu Feb 08 14:01:55 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-01-26T17:13:58+00:00
- Choose the “Invite to board” option to bring others into your whiteboard space with: – – Using that same share button, you can download your image as a PNG image file or share it on Facebook, Twitter or Reddit.
- After playing around with AWW, here are some things I’ve found handy: – – AWW can let students collaborate with each other and with others in the same digital space.
- Students can create storyboards on an AWW whiteboard, adding small drawings for different scenes of a story or retelling steps from something they’ve done.
- Because students can pull in images, AWW makes a great space to create impromptu digital posters.
- A web whiteboard can be a great place for students to share their visual ideas with others and create something in tandem with colleagues from somewhere else.
Tweeted At: Tue Feb 06 16:49:30 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2018-02-06T16:43:52+00:00
- I am extremely excited to announce the release of my next book Inquiry Mindset: Nurturing the Dreams, Wonders and Curiosities of our Youngest Learners co-authored with the amazing Rebecca Bathurst-Hunt!
- Some of what you can expect from Inquiry Mindset… – – …we unpack the role of the classroom teacher in adopting inquiry in their practice and support them in enhancing their understanding of inquiry.
- …we introduce the Types of Student Inquiry, a scaffolded approach to inquiry that proposes a gradual release over learning from the teacher to the student.
- …awesome sketchnotes, photos from classrooms and QR codes that bring big ideas to life and help educators embrace the inquiry mindset.
- The rich sharing, the meaningful networking and the subsequent authentic learning that occurs throughout your reading will make Inquiry Mindset the most powerful edubook you’ve read!