EdTech News Monday, February 5 PM
EdTech News TLDR / Table of Contents
- ODEM.IO – Unlocking Higher Education
- You will also receive a referral link. Every referral earns you 200 ODEMT.Earnings based upon each referral over .25 ETH
- online education platform, exchange ODEM Tokens, education partner Excelorators, blockchain technology, international consulting company
- 20 innovative edtech projects from around the world
- Also available in: Español | Français what did I miss? For the past two decades, I’ve worked on issues at the intersection of the education and technology sectors in middle- and low-income countries and emerging markets around the world. It’s been a fascinating job: Over the past 20 years, I’ve…
- blog post, innovative educational technology, projects, educational technology projects, innovative edtech projects
- 5 Chrome Apps for Student Creation
- © Shake Up Learning 2018. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Kasey Bell and Shake Up Learning with appropriate and…
- Chrome Apps, Google Chrome, Google Chrome Apps, Google Chrome browser, Google Drawings
- The Ed Tech Market Map: 90+ Startups Building The Future Of Education
- Some of the most well-funded companies on our list include iTutorGroup, EverFi, and HotChalk.
- broad online learning, NewSchools Venture Fund, Venture Partners, Union Square Ventures, New Enterprise Associates
- 7 Helpful Hacks for Google Tools
- Google, Google Photos, Google Docs, lesser known Google, Google Doc
- 11 Great EdTech Podcasts
- Just to add another… Jennifer Cronk’s (@jenniferacronk) #AssistLearning Podcast is a great resource for SPED teachers. Episodes include special guests like #DiveIntoInquiry author Trevor MacKenzie, Rushton Hurley, and Dee Lanier ! http://assistlearning.libsyn.com/ !
- educational technology, podcast app, favorite educational technology, educational technology resources, bite-sized technology tips
Tweeted At: Sun Feb 04 21:58:35 +0000 2018
- The ODEM model will create an integrated platform where all types of students and student representatives can create and request services for education programs.
- Educators and educational service providers can receive requests for program fulfillment and delivery services all through a frictionless, smart contract-based payment gateway.
- ODEM is built in partnership with Origin Protocol.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 12:16:46 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-11-06T17:47:00+00:00
Author: Michael Trucano
- At the same time, I am quite often asked to help other folks identify intriguing initiatives that might, individually and/or collectively, illuminate emerging trends and approaches in this sector:”I’m interested in examples of innovative educational technology projects from around the world, especially those primarily focused on helping teachers and learners…
- Based out of the iHub in Nairobi, which is a regional epicenter for innovative educational technology initiatives in East Africa (a future EduTech blog post will highlight some of the fascinating edtech-related projects happening in Kenya in more detail), it now counts education as area of focused attention.While not traditionally…
- I don’t work on these investments (the IFC operates separately from my team at the World Bank), but I know the people who do.In my mind, the most interesting large scale educational technology effort anywhere in the world right now is being led by EkStep , a philanthropic effort in India…
- OLE , the Open Learning Exchange, coordinates an international network of organizations exploring the use of low-cost, locally relevant teaching and learning content in local languages in such places as Nepal and Ghana onebillion , an XPRIZE finalist , is exploring innovative approaches to promoting the development of literacy and…
- Storyweaver , an initiative of Pratham Books , a not-for-profit children’s book publisher in India, is an online platform that connects readers, authors, illustrators, and translators to create free stories for children around the world in their mother tongue Rumie provides free learning content to students around the world, with…
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 03:54:57 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2016-03-14T19:19:22+00:00
Author: Kasey Bell
- Google Chrome and Chromebooks offer easy access to web tools or Chrome Apps that can help students demonstrate their learning in new ways.
- Often time, I find myself dazzled by the bells and whistles that extensions have brought to my life, but there are also so many Chrome Apps that allow students to create in Google Chrome.
- Since Chrome Apps are essentially shortcuts to websites and web tools, the following tools are available both on the web and through the Chrome App shortcut.
- Below are five Chrome Apps for Student Creation: – – most of the images and infographics you see on this blog, including the title image above.
- Google Drawings is one of my favorite Google tools, and an often overlooked powerhouse when it comes to student creations.
Tweeted At: Mon Feb 05 17:30:19 +0000 2018
Publish Date: 2017-06-21T00:00:00+00:00
- Companies on the list offer solutions ranging from exam grading software to online learning platforms to secondary education systems that offer alternatives to traditional schooling.
- Our map illustrates the following ed tech categories: – – Broad Online Learning: This category includes perhaps the most widely known companies like Coursera, Udemy, and Udacity, which host educational content covering subjects ranging from traditional math and science topics to photography and music production.
- Learning Management Systems: Companies like Schoology and Huivo offer software platforms that improve student-teacher-parent relationships, monitor student progress, track assignments, share content, and provide online discussion boards.
- Tech Learning: Similar to startups that provide platforms for broad online learning, companies like Galvanize and littleBits understand and cater specifically to teaching programming and other engineering disciplines.
- Learning Analytics: Companies like Echo360 and Civitas Learning collect data on student performance and use predictive analytics to personalize education experiences.