Edchat, edtech, cpchat, satchat & much more…
EdChat News Monday, July 2
- Are You Using Technology Because You Can Or Because You Should? – TeachThought PD
- Google, ISTE, and the Death of EdTech
edtech, edchat, cpchat, satchat
- EdTech and Student Centered LearningTweet Wrap w/e 06-30-18
- Master Teacher Program by CEE
edchat, ntchat, teachers
- A 2018 #PBL reflection
pbl, teacher, edchat, teacherblog
- The Benefits of Cultivating Curiosity in Kids
edchat, edtech, ShakeUpLearning
- Increasing the visibility and impact of our work
- A Principal’s Reflections: Are You Driven by “What If” or Held Back by “Yeah But”?
edchat, cpchat, suptchat
ditchbook, edchat, tlap
- Curriculum Compacting: Six Steps to Make it Work in Your Classroom
- Just like at home, there are so many great reasons for integrating technology into our schools and classrooms but were wise to keep our focus by asking whether were just playing with the edtech toys in our classrooms or truly using those edtech tools to leverage and grow student thinking…
- Not only should the technology tool youre considering help student think and learn more deeply but does it also help you differentiate instruction to help each and every student access that thinking and learning, not just some?
- Do you haveany students whose struggles to use certain technology tools might hinder their learning?
- Sometimes we get so focused on new technology that we dont consider how we might creatively combine it with other tools (digital and analog) to better grow learning.
- Google the tool or ask on Twitter or other social media and you might benefit from others who have more experience with that technology and have some great uses you havent considered.
@TeachThoughtPD: Are You Using Technology Because You Can Or Because You Should? – TeachThought PD https://t.co/4HjZzdpHKr #edchat… https://t.co/nltB1iLQAx
- And why not, when one considers that this was the annual showcase of EdTech and the lofty goals of the host organization: ISTE sets a bold vision for education transformation … to accelerate the use of technology to solve tough problems and inspire innovation.
- Prohibiting students from cheating on traditional assessments using expensive tech tools to perform very basic 20th century tasks is the new transformation.
- Ultimately, though, the Big News, like Google Classroom, is the proliferation of software that allows teachers to monitor and keep students on-task.
- I am very much an advocate for learning environments that provide learners with opportunities to do things that will enhance deep learning and provide students with the potential to do real, meaningful work, not simply mimic it.
- Learning is about learners and this includes learning with digital and other possibilities, not solutions.
@crowley_mike: Google, ISTE, and the Death of EdTech https://t.co/OOlYS99DXg #edtech #edchat #cpchat #satchat @iste @GoogleForEdu… https://t.co/bhvAw0h2je
- This week in the wrap … a couple reflections from ISTE how they are expanding their role in PD, and choosing the best edtech;videos from the Buck Institute showcase examples of Gold Standard PBL; the power of curiosity; having just come back from FlipTech 2018, I can’t help but share…
- Reflections on an Amazing Experience at FlipTech 2018 – – @ValaAfshar: The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn.
- Alvin Toffler – – ISTE Wants to Be More Than Just a Conference.
- Learn How They Are Expanding – – The case for curiosity Scientists are discovering that curious learners from low-income households perform as well as affluent students – – Better Ed-Tech Choices: Q&A With Richard Culatta of ISTE – – Students Lead the Class with Active Learning – – The Buck…
@nick_chater: EdTech and Student Centered LearningTweet Wrap w/e 06-30-18 https://t.co/WmmMgW6WtZ #EdChat
- Mission: To develop a cadre of K-12 teachers who can teach professional development workshops to other educators in their districts or at a national conference, therefore increasing the numbers of students receivingpersonal finance and economic education.
- Designed for: Teachers, coaches, and administrators of K-12, early childhood, math, social studies, US History, Global History, Economics and AP Economics.
- If selected for theMaster Teacher program, participantswill be required to attend the following sessions and events:
@council4econed: We’re seeking master teachers! Learn more and apply today: https://t.co/ES3joCgYzE #edchat #ntchat #teachers… https://t.co/nNUIPCQ2Kh
- When you remove the points and let students show you what they know, they realize that the learning is central to the experience.
- There is never an empty feeling of failure when a student has all year to demonstrate understanding within a standard.
- Ive been wanting to create an opportunity for my students to build math portfolios to show what they have learned through out the school year.
- I took the chance this year to make it happen and the feedback that I received from my students was very positive.
- I read all of these messages and it hit me that for the majority of my students, the take away for this year in working with me is that I cared, and I made it enjoyable to be around math.
@Ken_TeacherDad: Reflection on my first year as a #pbl #teacher. #edchat #teacherblog https://t.co/cRcpejfi6G
@ShakeUpLearning: The Benefits of Cultivating Curiosity in Kids https://t.co/UTUbz1XCww #edchat #edtech #ShakeUpLearning
@nick_chater: Increasing the visibility and impact of our work https://t.co/XX8zajFheV #EdChat
@E_Sheninger: New post: Are You Driven by “What If” or Held Back by “Yeah But”? https://t.co/fLWBUY5mCJ #edchat #cpchat #suptchat… https://t.co/lE5H1VCRKV
@jmattmiller: 5 lessons to teach with timelineshttps://t.co/e7zs5CfIrm#ditchbook #edchat #tlap https://t.co/d0NktBy1XG
@thegridmethod: “Eliminate the wasted time in their academic lives and watch them fly.” #EdChat #TeachBetterhttps://t.co/1k9CeJkPf9 https://t.co/VsCzBN9Lvr