Teachers, edchat, edchat, education & much more…
EdChat News Thursday, June 28
- LISTEN: Organization in the Classroom with the Simply Organized Teacher
- 4 Key Takeaways From “What School Could Be” –
- The Mental Health Crisis in American Schools
mentalhealth, edchat, edtech
- 9 Essential Lessons for Students Changing the World – Now
- Now available: new ways to explore with Google Maps
- Introvert-Friendly Cooperative Learning
edchat, engchat, elachat, grammar, mschat, cpchat, edtech, highered, ntchat
- Teaching on the Border
- Female M.P. Wins Silver Star for Bravery in Iraq Firefight – The New York Times
Hooah, SOT, HonorVets
- Digital Citizenship
DigitalCitizenship, SIC, edchat, edtech
- The Best Resources For Teacher & Student Podcasting
podcasting, edtech, edchat
- Organization in the Classroom with the Simply Organized Teacher Educators 2 Educators – – Organization in the Classroom with the Simply Organized Teacher Educators 2 Educators – – This podcast was originally published on Educators 2 Educators.
- Learn tips for classroom organization from one of the best, The Simply Organized Teacher, Kelly Jackson.
@ChoiceMediatv: PODCAST: Organization in the Classroom with the Simply Organized Teacher https://t.co/aZqdCKJJxz @ccinchicago #Teachers #EdChat
- In that time he was gracious enough to: – – What School Could Beis a powerful set of reflections of Teds journey and visits with public, private, charter schools, teachers, and leaders.
- Innovation is Happening and We Need to Empower It – – Ted describes multiple examples of teachers doing amazing work but sadly its in small pockets that are reaching a small fraction of our students.
- School leaders, if the mission and vision of your school is geared toward producing students prepared for the modern world how can you empower your teachers to do just that?
- How many teachers wish they could slow down and teach fewer things more deeply instead of racing to cover the content?
- So many teachers want to, and are trying to, teach differently but often at the risk of coming under fire from leadership or feeling like theyre letting students (or parents) down by not covering content.
@edshelf: RT @DrAAlston: 4 Key Takeaways From “What School Could Be” – https://t.co/gHqb4omnF0 #edchat #education https://t.co/pCAxiM4rCI
- I see a major crisis of mental health challenges coming for us, and its already happening.
- As the below article states, theres a growing mental health crisis in American schools (not just in West Virginia, either the state mentioned in the article).
- From the fallout of the opioid crisis to a lack of qualified therapists and other support staff in schools (and available to the general public, for that matter), were falling behind, and we need to play catch-up before the crisis spreads to the next generation of adults in a massive…
- Heres the original article: – – If we dont do something about the mental health crisis students are dealing with, we cant make an impact on achievement, said Michele Blatt, assistant superintendent of the West Virginia Department of Education.
- Mullins, director of the Office of Maternal, Child and Family Health, said a survey of West Virginia children found 28.8 percent had experienced drug abuse within the household; 26.6 percent had gone through parental separation; and 22.7 percent had experienced verbal abuse.
@IAmJeffEmmerson: The Mental Health Crisis in American Schools https://t.co/1udnO5sccb #mentalhealth #edchat #edtech https://t.co/QZiegcauBA
- For todays students to become empowered, empathetic, innovative, collaborative and passionate change agents – who fully tap their potential to disrupt the status quo and transform our world – then we need our classrooms to be a place where students experience the change-making process.
- The video below, created by a fifth grader, is representative of what this can look like: – – After scores of events such as that one, at schools all over the world and across all demographics, I can tell you unequivocally that all children can be inspired, equipped and mobilized…
- I cannot explain the feeling of gratitude and pride I felt knowing that the work we didimpacted the way students (and myself, and other mentors and staff) see their lives and what they are capable of achieving in this world.
- When we asked students, which of these lessons was most valuable, this was their response: – – Lets change the world.
- Below, two resources to help students become the citizens this world needs: – – Genius Matters offers 30 lessons to help students discover and explore their genius and passion.
@AngelaMaiers: 9 Essential Lessons for Students Changing the World – Now: https://t.co/nUzaJLPxE8 #Education #EdChat https://t.co/uz2VgVIzx1
@ShakeUpLearning: Now available: new ways to explore with Google Maps https://t.co/8BFEqTGnPy #edchat #edtech
@GrammarFlip: Introvert-Friendly Cooperative Learninghttps://t.co/FZ00VTOUM7#edchat #engchat #elachat #grammar #mschat #cpchat #edtech #highered #ntchat
- As children are separated from their parents along our southern border, one teacher considers our responsibility to help.
- Among the many heartbreaks of our current system is the fact that the children in this shelterthe ones who were torn from their parents to be housed in a repurposed Walmartare actually luckier than the children who will be taken from their parents today.
- After surviving impossible conditions at home and a perilous journey to the U.S. border, these children have been torn from their parents arms.
- Monday, The Atlantic published a recording of children separated from their parents at the border.
- Griffith is the recipient of the Charles Redd Center Teaching Western History Award and the Brownsville Rotary Endowment for Teaching Excellence Award for her development of an oral history project that engages students in local history and offers them the opportunity to describe culture, faith, and history of life on…
@sharemylesson: Read this blog on Teaching Tolerance on the Border https://t.co/pNTWZIswcn @Tolerance_org @AFTunion @AFTteach… https://t.co/B9OBa8BV8R
@mjgranger1: Fight like a girl. https://t.co/9aNBvDGnWe Silver Star recipient SGT Leigh Ann Hester.#Hooah! #SOT #HonorVets… https://t.co/OhzHXQsQYV
@SCSIC: New #DigitalCitizenship lessons for grades 3-5 available this fall https://t.co/3GsnS2AH5z #SIC #edchat #edtech
@JoyKirr: The Best Resources for Teacher and Student Podcasting – https://t.co/U2xcvMAxkf#podcasting #edtech #edchat