Edchat, edadmin, stem, stemeducation & much more…
EdChat News Tuesday, June 26
- Forbes Welcome
- How to Run A Teacher Innovation Pitch At Your School
- The Shift From Content To Purpose: A Continuum Of Choice – TeachThought PD
- Girls Can Be STEM Champions! – Defined STEM
STEM, STEMeducation, edchat
- 10 Ways Teaching Has Changed In The Last 10 Years – TeachThought
edchat, edtech, education, teaching
- Squidgy Unicorn Sensory Toy
Unicorn, Sensory, ADHD, School, EdChat, Bizitalk
- Tips of the Week: Planer Grain, 3D Printing Time-Lapse, Molding Tips, and Labeling Shop Liquids
- MakeWhatsNext – International Women’s Day
mieexpert, futureready, k12, learning, education, teachers, stem, OneNote
- 6 Signs You’re Creating Confident Students
edchat, education, teaching
- Dynamic Learning v. Static Learning (DO THIS, NOT THAT)
shakeuplearning, edtech, edchat
- A MSW Research and Dale Carnegie Training study contradicted that theory, explaining thatthree other factors had a stronger influenceon employee engagement: an employees relationship with her direct supervisor, her faith in the companys leadership, and her pride in being an employee there.
- Relationships are at the center of employee engagement: If people havent built meaningful relationships at work, they have little to look forward to when they arrive at the office.
- Evenwhat happens outside workcan impact how connected an employee feels to her co-workers and company.
- Companies often point to employee engagement surveys, citing these as evidence that workers are happy, engaged, and connected to others.
- An estimated 21 percent–a fifth–of employees are dishonest on engagement surveys, weighing their desire to improve their circumstances against their need to keep their paycheck.
@TechTia: RT SimpleK12: RT DrAAlston: How Better Communication Prevents Painful Turnover https://t.co/ABOM8rp2VB #edchat… https://t.co/nL0wklXFta
- The young engineers believed there were onlytwo ways to quickly and effectively bring this sewage system to the city: (A) abandon all of downtown and start over on higher ground, or (B) jack up all the buildings where they were.
- They chose B and the raising of Chicago began in earnest in 1858 when the first masonry building in the city was raised (a four-story, 70 foot long, and 750-ton brick structure) six feet higher than it had been with no damage to the building.
- TheMayor of Chicago didnt have all the ideas to solve their sewage crisis.
- He valued our teachers ideas for an innovation program and supportedCentennialX, our home-grown human-centered design program where students work side-by-side major companies and organizations to solve real-world problems.
- Yet, they were still in pockets and wanted more teachers to feel empowered to have ideas and try something new with their students or in their own professional journey.
@kellyrexine: How to Run A Teacher Innovation Pitch At Your School https://t.co/NyOy6JFgMa #edchat
- The Shift From Content To Purpose:A Continuum of Choice – – What is the difference between a teacher-centered and learner-driven classroom?
- Sylvia Duckworthwho has created dozens of useful, minimalist sort of sketch notes/illustrations that convey ideas in educationhas taken the thinking fromBarbara Bray and Kathleen McClaskeyand createda complimentary visual.
- What happens when you empower students with choice and purpose?
- The biggest takeaway might be the change in focus from content delivery to purpose discovery.
- Empowering Students With Choice a menu of options – – provides choices to access, engage and express – – – – CO-DESIGNER – – The teacher… – – – points to options and then gets out of the way – – invites input from learners – – – – DESIGNER…
@TeachThoughtPD: The Shift From Content To Purpose: A Continuum Of Choice – TeachThought PD https://t.co/0tejsmvCna #edchat #edadmin https://t.co/eHXNVKmOEx
- Girls outscored boys a surprising result for those who expected data to show that girls are lagging behind boys in STEM.
- Keep in mind that not all girls will be interested in pursuing long term STEM focus; but for many, early kernels of interest in STEM subjects you plant will grow into meaningful STEM careers.
- Ive written several blog posts outlining reasons that our girls are opting out of STEM; STEM Girl Power, and more recently, Heres How to Help Girls Thrive in STEM.
- The work we do with educators around increasing girls interest in STEM are teaching strategies that will help boys, too.)
- GoodCall recently posted an article,Some Successful Approaches to Keep Girls in STEM, that describes ideas for girl-empowering STEM school activities.
@DefinedSTEM: Girls Can Be STEM Champions! https://t.co/atnQHV0fyB @ajollygal #STEM #STEMeducation #edchat https://t.co/Jw6hkwdcd0
@TeachThought: 10 Ways Teaching Has Changed In The Last 10 Years https://t.co/ImqXvvLGAP #edchat #edtech #education #teaching https://t.co/DCWBwW88fe
@bluefrogtoys: Squidgy Unicorn Sensory Toy Buy Online https://t.co/zOqCpUWP0R #Unicorn #Sensory #ADHD #School #EdChat #Bizitalk https://t.co/pzaXCSpmzC
- Tips of the Week is our weekly peek at some of the best making tips, tricks, and recommendations weve discovered in our travels.
- Please share your tips, shortcuts, best practices, and tall shop tales in the comments below and we might use your tip in a future column.
- [From my new book, Make: Tips and Tales from the Workshop] – – On the bottoms of your paint cans, write the names of the rooms, pieces of furniture, and other items you painted with that color, so you wont forget.
- Besides being a book about tips, this is also a book about the human side of tools and how theyre used.
- Tips and Tales itself is a tool, so Id like to see the humans who are using it.
@EdTechNerd: Tips of the Week: Planer Grain, 3D Printing Time-Lapse, Molding Tips, and Labeling Shop Liquids https://t.co/iChbRJ4DLB #edtech #edchat
@TheBebsMLC: Make what’s next https://t.co/m5RtRYE8WY #mieexpert #futureready #k12 #learning #education #teachers#stem #OneNote… https://t.co/tscHzZAllq
@TeachThought: Want Engagement? 6 Signs You’re Creating Confident Students https://t.co/LZCtgIvVZs #edchat #education #teaching… https://t.co/ICBI2sY9l9
@KristenDolen: Dynamic Learning v. Static Learning (DO THIS, NOT THAT) #shakeuplearning #edtech #edchat https://t.co/GKsoJDyc6o vi… https://t.co/MJl8TRrFAf