Edchat, ukedchat, celebratemonday,
EdChat News Monday, June 18
- 8 Essential Questions for Planning Personal Learning Experiences
- Poetry by Heart – Poems for Primary
- What do you want to talk about during this week’s (6/19) #edchat? (poll 10033092)
- It is expected (and in some districts mandated) that teachers write detailed lesson plans, gather resources, effectively sequence the learning, differentiate for all learners, build in scaffolds, engagement strategies and opportunities to check for understanding aligned to specific standards or curriculum.
- In an NPR interview Todd Rose, author of The End of Average, describes the emphasis on standardization and the impact on schools and how students learn: – – You think of things like the lockstep, grade-based organization of kids, and you end up sitting in a class for a fixed…
- In spite of our understanding that no two people are the same, we have set up a system that prioritizes and demands over structured lessons for every students to meet the same objective at the same time in the year regardless of the individuals unique strengths, interests, or questions to…
- Today, we have an abundance of resources and access to experts to learn in ways that extend beyond the individual teacher and their expertise but I believe thatourtraditional expectations around lesson planning holds us back from creating more personal learning experiences.
- To fundamentally rethink how students learn in school, and allow for more personal learning, the notion of the traditional lesson plan must be revisited.
@web20classroom: From @katiemartinedu-8 Essential Questions To Design Personal Learning Experiences: https://t.co/bDcbEMLqz5 #edchat https://t.co/ZgObGfgha6
- More people are accessing UKEdChat articles, resources, videos, magazines and podcasts than ever.
- Unlike many organisations, we havent put up a paywall we want to keep our content open for all.
- Maintaining and improving our content takes a lot of time, money and hard work.
- If everyone who reads our content, who likes it, helps to support it, we can continue to keep it open for everyone.
- Support UKEdChat via Patreon.
@ICTmagic: Primary resources for learning poems. Record audio readings & listen. https://t.co/oKwhCj0BFy #ukedchat #edchat https://t.co/J4m6xf5S8h
- Check out Polldaddy, the most easy-to-use survey software around.
- Start creating beautiful online surveys today.
@ShiftParadigm: PLEASE help select topic for this week’s #edchat [Tuesday, 7:00 PM EDT] https://t.co/M83GGwlKkT #CelebrateMonday https://t.co/RAXyznORlc