Edchat, edadmin, edtech, education & much more…
EdChat News Thursday, June 14
- How To Respond When Students Say ‘I Can’t Do This’ – TeachThought PD
- What’s Your Theme Music? – TeachThought PD
- 5 Free Tech Tools to Try in Your Social Studies Lessons (#3 Episode of Season 3)
edtech, education, edchat
- The following poster is going up in my classroom this coming year to remind them of the different possibilities for getting help if and when they get stuck on a learning task: – – – – The bottom line becomes facilitating learner self-reliance knowing that these are skills learners can…
- Research has demonstrated that engaging students in the learning process increases their attention and focus, motivates them to practice higher-level critical thinking skills and promotes meaningful learning experiences (Engaging students in learning).
- (Scaffolding) – – By allowing students to learn from their mistakes, or circling back through the curriculum will allow more students to access your instruction and for you to have a better understanding of where they are at with their learning.
- (Strategies and Practices That Can Help All Students Overcome Barriers) – – Focus on mastery of learning; mastery of skills.
- Sal Khan of Khan Academy fame has a philosophy that focuses on mastery of learning and skills that applicable to all types of learning: – – A problem, Khan says, is the next block of material builds on what the student was supposed to learn in the last lesson, and…
@TeachThoughtPD: How To Respond When Students Say ‘I Can’t Do This’ – TeachThought PD https://t.co/T351Zg0DGV #edchat #edadmin https://t.co/f1OwBur5yD
- Whats your theme music?
- Tell us in the comments section below…if you could have theme music for your classroom or school what would it be?
- As John Slade says in the clip below from the hilarious movie, Im Gonna Git You Sucka, Its my theme music, every good hero should have some.
@TeachThoughtPD: What’s Your Theme Music? – TeachThought PD https://t.co/Ra0RQMDCnO #edchat #edadmin https://t.co/lrPEqLpYfh
- This is the#3 Episode of Season 3 of the 10-Minute Courseshas more than 200 graduate level online professional development courses for K-12 teachers.
- They are practical courses that have teachers developing tangible resources to use in their classrooms immediately.
- The #3 Show of Season 3 of the 10-Minute Teacher Podcast – – This week were counting down the top shows of the season!
- Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers and are from companies I can recommend.
- Now, check your inbox to confirm that you’ll receive the Every Classroom Matters Podcast in your inbox as shows are released.
@airhead_edu: 5 Free Tech Tools To Try In Your Social Studies Lessons https://t.co/t3Z4CD5wub #edtech #education #edchat