Edchat, edchat, ukedchat,
EdChat News Thursday, June 7
- Explore NASA’s New “Exoplanet Travel Bureau”
- Do You Know What The Research Says Makes A Good Lesson? via @TeacherToolkit
- NASA has launched the Exoplanet Travel Bureau, a visualization tool that allows users to explore the surfaces of three exoplanets: Kepler-16b, Kepler-186f, and TRAPPIST-1e.
- The 360-degree visualizations, which can be seen on your computer, phone, tablet or using a virtual reality headset, are artists renderingsthere are no photographic images of these planets, so the graphics are based on hypotheticals.
- You can change the scene by adding or subtracting hypothetical atmospheres, creating skies, clouds and weather.
@nick_chater: Explore NASA’s New “Exoplanet Travel Bureau” https://t.co/tA20AnGfJe #EdChat
- I have presented this article (in one form or another) to numerous classes to explicitly outline how to make the most of their revision time: highlighting is just the first step of the journey.
- Considered by many on twitter to be one of the single most important pieces of educational research.
- Is Cognitive Load Theory the single most important thing for a teacher to know?
- Its calledThrive: In yourfirst three years in teachingand it equips trainee secondary school teachers with the know-how to lay the foundations for a successful career in teaching, long after the challenging first few years are over.
- Using their collective insights, and plenty of evidence-informed strategies and advice, they detail how you can get to grips with the classroom basics from behaviour management and lesson planning to differentiation and providing for SEND and effectively continue your professional development.
@TeacherToolkit: Do You Know What The Research Says Makes A Good Lesson? via @TeacherToolkit https://t.co/2kevwG45BY #edchat https://t.co/0touyGuY1v
- If you would like to submit a mini article of 200 words or less, simply add your article and details atbit.ly/miniuked.
- For longer articles, continue below.
- Commercial articles from businesses/organisations will be declined.
@UKEdMag: Would you like to write for #ukedchat’s @UKEDmag? Read the information & submit via https://t.co/kU3dUNfaZu #edchat https://t.co/0N8sjCKhuT